Trading was always shit, why the sudden influx of complainment threads?

I absolutely despise the current trading system and it's one of the reasons I will never last to 100 (the other being that my friends never stick around long enough, also partly because the trading is frustrating and incredibly lazily implemented).

Then again, I am also of the unpopular opinion that Diablo 3's auction house was a great idea (yes, even the real money one; everyone that played Diablo 2 knew that type of trading happened behind the curtains already anyway). It felt like a massive step up from the frustration of Diablo 2 in-game trading.

These games have never been exclusively about finding your own upgrades. The grind is fun when you find items that can translate into currency that you can then use to purchase your own upgrades found by others. I'd be just as excited finding an item worth an exalted as finding an exalted itself if I didn't have to go through hell and back to turn it into one.

Unfortunately, to get really endgame, you need to trade, since you will never find enough raw currency to buy proper gear and you certainly won't find it yourself. If that trading is a pain, it makes the endgame a pain and the grind less rewarding, meaning people won't stick around for it.
"
Michieltjuhh wrote:
I absolutely despise the current trading system and it's one of the reasons I will never last to 100 (the other being that my friends never stick around long enough, also partly because the trading is frustrating and incredibly lazily implemented).

Then again, I am also of the unpopular opinion that Diablo 3's auction house was a great idea (yes, even the real money one; everyone that played Diablo 2 knew that type of trading happened behind the curtains already anyway). It felt like a massive step up from the frustration of Diablo 2 in-game trading.

These games have never been exclusively about finding your own upgrades. The grind is fun when you find items that can translate into currency that you can then use to purchase your own upgrades found by others. I'd be just as excited finding an item worth an exalted as finding an exalted itself if I didn't have to go through hell and back to turn it into one.

Unfortunately, to get really endgame, you need to trade, since you will never find enough raw currency to buy proper gear and you certainly won't find it yourself. If that trading is a pain, it makes the endgame a pain and the grind less rewarding, meaning people won't stick around for it.

Agree mostly.
"
Michieltjuhh wrote:

There are several posts on these forums from SSF only people who farmed endgame and got an insane amount of loot. Considering several good presented cases and assuming there are quite a few more it's safe to assume your statement is incorrect and you do not need trading to reach and farm endgame.

YOUR problem is that you are bad and give up easily and you have no capacity for perseverance to actually do make it that far in SSF. I know I don't but I am honest with myself and will never touch it. The same with HC that i find severely masochistic and bland.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
I didn't read all 4 pages, but the common reasoning I've seen in game is because people feel like they shouldn't have to pay GGG money to take full advantage of an officially approved 3rd party trading site.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
golan4840 wrote:
Is trading really more shit now than it was months ago?

People have been fucking whining about this for years now though.

"
Kechop wrote:
*have 3rd party software with arabic bazaar-like bargaining semi-auctionhouselike with no committment to selling*
WE DONT WANT AH
*have ingame auctionhouse where no pricemanipulating can happen cause what you list will be sold and moved to your stash*
"somehow people are against the 2nd one and favor the first one , i wonder which grp of people those are with all the different 3rd party real money selling sites available" mhmmm THONKGENDELUXE.

People are against an instant-buy auction house because the same shit will be happening, but much faster. Instead of listing low and high, pricefixers will only list high, but buy everything cheaper before you do. It's the same problem, but even easier for "them" because they don't need to even interact with other people anymore.
You are terribly shortsighted if you believe buyouts fix poe.trade's issues.

But when they buy those items, they risk with their currency. If they try to manipulate market too hard (i.e. try to force exalted price to 80 chaos, when they're worth less than 40), they will buy tons of items ands wont be able to sell them all. In fact, they'll lose currency instead of gaining it. This RISK will keep manipulators "at bay". Those who succeed at this point, will also be able to succeed at stock exchange in real life, and earn lots of $$$ for their trading skills, so why would most of them waste their skills on PoE?

But when you perform "false listings" in PoE trading system, you risk absolutely nothing. There is no risk at all - and that's what makes it so attractive to abusers. No risks, high potential profit... You probably abuse trading this way too, considering you're defending it so much!
Your arguments are just laughable, at best.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
GGG also could make their own API to perform ingame trading, leaving all 3-rd party tools aside.
It could make trading a bit better too, cause at least there wouldnt be private API sniping for scam deals (forced by price manipulation). And of course, any newbie will be acknowledged about it, without having to "interact" with "scam chat".

"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
Mythkiller wrote:
LOL. That conversation was worth the hours and hours you've probably spent every league messaging 20-30 afk/nonresponsive people per item? Yea maybe i am doing it wrong by setting my expectation higher than that.
~Myth

Okay seriously, what are you people buying that you're getting literally dozens of afk/non-responsive people?
I just -- literally in the past couple of minutes -- picked up a 39% pair of Haemophilia gloves from the first person I whispered.

They're buying popular items in current meta, that's it.
Sure, if you want to buy some nondescript junk (like, the Vigil jewel) , you'll get it from 1-2 PM, most probably. But when you try to buy somthing like Celestial Justicar, etc - prepare to face the worst side of PoE trading....
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Aug 15, 2017, 10:39:43 AM
Trading was always shit. People always complained.

However there were much larger issues with the game that got the most attention.

I remember there being a 100+page desync thread active at all times for years before that issue, that didnt exist, mysteriously disappeared.

The problem with fixing a game over time is that once all the major stuff gets sorted the other issues that have existed but were never a priority suddenly become top issue.

If you ask me they fixed desync, the issue with difficulty spikes, the way content was delivered, the skill tree is continually fixed, builds are on a rotation it seems with content, theyve offered solutions (for money) to storage gripes (though not all) im sure im missing hundreds of minor gripes that were resolved.

Trading and endgame maps now remain as the big issues....and therefore should be worked on and fixed accordingly.
just for try, for see and for know
"
Trading was always shit. People always complained.

However there were much larger issues with the game that got the most attention.

I remember there being a 100+page desync thread active at all times for years before that issue, that didnt exist, mysteriously disappeared.

The problem with fixing a game over time is that once all the major stuff gets sorted the other issues that have existed but were never a priority suddenly become top issue.

If you ask me they fixed desync, the issue with difficulty spikes, the way content was delivered, the skill tree is continually fixed, builds are on a rotation it seems with content, theyve offered solutions (for money) to storage gripes (though not all) im sure im missing hundreds of minor gripes that were resolved.

Trading and endgame maps now remain as the big issues....and therefore should be worked on and fixed accordingly.

The real problem is, they do not see Trading as an issue, because they are so short sighted all they care about is it is already better than they EVER wanted it to be. They stupidly want it to suck.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
Because in Legacy loot was far easier to obtain than in the Harbinger league, more people are going to trading to get those key items they need.

And then complaining at how crappy the system is.
It's worse and worse because every league poe.trade gets flooded with more and more fake pricing.

Also poe.trade appears so slow nowadays, i get whispers for items that I have sold 40 mins ago. This is ridiculous.

This is sad that a perfect model free to play game is ending up being pay to win just because some private indexers are now much faster than poe.trade from using the same api. peoples spending money $$ to buy a private indexers gets a huge economic advantage and then they manipulate the market by posting fake prices on poe.trade.

GGG needs to shut down the api and make their own poe.trade. No more private indexers, everyone gets the searches at the same speed.

Fixing fake pricing is another story. We would need some fake pricing police to put temporary bans at fake price abusers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info