[3.0] Poison/Bleed Tornado Shot Assassin (budget friendly)

Thanks for clarifying on the leech part.

I would like to know the importance of the curse TS setup and what is the role it plays in the build. Would barrage be a better choice to work as a single target burst?

Thanks and sorry for the noob questions.
Sorry if I missed it / it's obvious to experienced players, but why do you use two tornado shot setups instead of just one?
Ty for the reply man.
How about the cluster of Growth and Decay, That seems like a fair since its Damage over time %
=]
"
cyruszin wrote:
Thanks for clarifying on the leech part.

I would like to know the importance of the curse TS setup and what is the role it plays in the build. Would barrage be a better choice to work as a single target burst?

Thanks and sorry for the noob questions.

The curse on hit and maim setup is completely optional, it helps against more dangerous targets such as breach rares, harbinger packs and map bosses by slowing them down significantly, and also softens them up and makes them take more damage from consecutive attacks. You shouldn't use it on regular packs because the DPS loss from shooting a non-supported Tornado Shot instead of your main damage setup would outweigh the DPS gain from cursing and maiming the targets.
Temporal Chains specifically makes all effects on targets last longer, including poison stacks, which leads to a noticeable DPS gain in boss battles.

I tried Barrage for some time but I just didn't feel any difference in damage whatsoever. Without the threshold jewels the skill is not that good. And it's really not worth wasting jewel slots just for boss fights.

"
finnstery wrote:
Sorry if I missed it / it's obvious to experienced players, but why do you use two tornado shot setups instead of just one?

Hey. The second Tornado Shot setup is only used to apply Maim and Temporal Chains (or Vulnerability if you prefer) on stronger enemies to make your life easier. It slows them down and makes them take more damage over time. See the above response.

"
An4rchy wrote:
Ty for the reply man.
How about the cluster of Growth and Decay, That seems like a fair since its Damage over time %
=]

No problem. I originally included Growth and Decay in my tree but then did some optimization and decided to discard it. From the current tree you need at least 3 stat nodes to get there, and the nodes in the cluster themselves are relatively weak. 8, 12, 12 and 20 percent respectively. Not worth the 7 points investment just for a total of 52% increased damage. As a comparison, the Master Fletcher and Avatar of the Hunt cluster offers 80% increased damage for only 5 skill points, on top of the added poison chance and movement speed. The Heavy Draw and Deadly Draw cluster offers 121% increased damage and 21% increased attack speed for 9 skill points, on top of the added bleed chance, accuracy rating and projectile speed.
Hello,

Lvl 85 assassin, i did T15 maps easy (fast clear) with this build but the big big big pb are Life

and Bosses. I was thinking that Barrage will be good for bosses (guardians etc ...) but not,

tornado do damage maybe i dont use the best support for bosses but it appears to me that damage is not

good for bosses with Tornado and with 4000 Life (for me atm) in high Maps with bad bonus if you are

not attentive the boss can kill you easy.

If you have any idea to improve boss fight (best support and skills...)

PS: Try chain + Maligaro's Cruelty with this build it's just amazing ^^

Thx again
Last edited by xXCerberXx on Aug 30, 2017, 3:06:54 AM
Hey,

Just a little question. Why Tornado shot over Split arrow? For a dot build I don't see any tornado shot advantages, you need to use one LMP/GMP support. What am I missing?

Cheers,
"
EhVL4N wrote:
Hey,

Just a little question. Why Tornado shot over Split arrow? For a dot build I don't see any tornado shot advantages, you need to use one LMP/GMP support. What am I missing?

Cheers,

Because the idea is to get as many arrows as possible on every target, with every shot? Tornado Shot allows that. Split Arrow doesn't. With Split Arrow every enemy can only be hit by 1 projectile. With Tornado Shot multiple subprojectiles from different projectiles can hit the same target, effectively multiplying the DPS by the number of projectiles you shoot.

EDIT: it seems like with Chain, Split Arrow can hit a target multiple times, I wasn't aware of that. But I still can't see how Split Arrow can get better screen coverage than Tornado Shot. And you need to replace GMP with Chain so you don't actually gain a support gem slot... It also seems way worse for single target since you need other enemies to get your chain effect off.
Last edited by gamboy on Aug 31, 2017, 7:05:57 PM
Ah, ok the thing I overlooked was that you can apply several bleed/psn stack. I thought it was like ignite (mm i'm wrong again?) where re-applying ignite just refreshes the duration, not apply a stack on top on the previous ones.
What are your pantheon choices?
"
peponas wrote:
What are your pantheon choices?

Lunaris and Garukhan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info