[3.0] Poison/Bleed Tornado Shot Assassin (budget friendly)

no mods minotaur down, Deathless. Maim+temporal chains+wither kept him slowed, then it was just a matter of keeping him in sight so he cant unborrow on me by surprise. Its definitely possible to to this guy with more mods, might not want to roll too much damage though so you don't get one shot by boulders.
"
no mods minotaur down, Deathless. Maim+temporal chains+wither kept him slowed, then it was just a matter of keeping him in sight so he cant unborrow on me by surprise. Its definitely possible to to this guy with more mods, might not want to roll too much damage though so you don't get one shot by boulders.

Nice one! How do you deal with single target though? Clearing T8 or T9 seems fine so far but single target is very lacking. I followed your character and it definitely increased my surivivability but damage and clear speed seemed to go down a little. Got 2 exalt drops today so wondering where should I spend them. Doesn't look like there are any good rolls for Lioneye's Glare at the moment and Soul Strike for 1.5exalt seems like a far shot. It seems you are focusing more on poison than bleed, so flat physical should be replaced by flat chaos instead? Thanks for your help by the way, really appreaciate it, I want to make this build work haha
How do you deal with single target though?
Got 2 exalt drops today so wondering where should I spend them
I played around with path of building for you. Here are some recommendations.

-the best gem for you right now is added chaos damage support. It is better than either unbound or deadly ailments. After that, unbound and deadly are about the same. You can buy a corrupted level 20 one for 2-3 chaos.

-Obviously 6 link is a priority, costs 6 ex.

-Buy a coralito's signature, costs 1 alch. It is equivalent to A 50% more multiplier when active.

-curse on hit temporal chains corrupted haemophilia is cheap right now. You can pay for level 8 vorici service to fix the sockets later(find someone on the shop forums). temporal chains and despair are about equivalent in damage.

-ditch the sulpher flask and witchfire brew. Sulphur flask is weak(4% more damage when active). Witch fire is worse(1% more damage while active) and you can apply curses easily in other ways. The wiki says witchfire does not break the curse cap.

-+1 frenzy maligaro's cruelty adds 5% more damage. Worth it if you can get it cheap.

- I got my +1 arrow soul strike for 30 c, keep watching poetrade till you get a good deal. Damage would go up about 19% from the chaos damage +extra arrow.

-tornado shot enchant adds a lot of damage obviously but getting a hat with it is at least 1 ex.

For priority, I say get the coralito's signature+added chaos damage gem since they cost almost nothing. Then save for the 6 link. After that go in any order you like.

It seems you are focusing more on poison than bleed, so flat physical should be replaced by flat chaos instead

bleed is less then 5% of our single target damage. Both flat physical and chaos damage increase poison damage.

Also quicksilver flask of adrenaline is really nice.

Hey everyone,

After playing some other builds earlier this league, although I was mostly busy with IRL stuff and other games, I'm thinking of coming back to this build and do a 3.1 update.

The new abyss jewels can help immensely if you can somehow roll added physical damage with bows, added physical damage, life and then either resists or added chaos damage.

I haven't gone too deep into the brainstorming yet but I have a ton of ideas. It might not even be an Assassin build anymore but I will keep the core idea of spamming DoTs with Tornado Shot and tons of piercing projectiles.

The inflated price of Dying Sun is the only bad news so far. It was ~150c last league and it's now ~500c.
Last edited by gamboy on Jan 3, 2018, 3:17:01 PM
The new abyss jewels can help immensely if you can somehow roll added physical damage with bows, added physical damage, life and then either resists or added chaos damage.

chance to gain onslaught is nice while clearing. Attack speed if you have dealt a critical hit is always up no matter what obviously. Too bad the chance to gain unholy might is on melee only.

The inflated price of Dying Sun is the only bad news so far. It was ~150c last league and it's now ~500c.

Try the new flask coralito's signature. Huge damage increase, and it cost's 1 alch.

"
How do you deal with single target though?
Got 2 exalt drops today so wondering where should I spend them
I played around with path of building for you. Here are some recommendations.

-the best gem for you right now is added chaos damage support. It is better than either unbound or deadly ailments. After that, unbound and deadly are about the same. You can buy a corrupted level 20 one for 2-3 chaos.

-Obviously 6 link is a priority, costs 6 ex.

-Buy a coralito's signature, costs 1 alch. It is equivalent to A 50% more multiplier when active.

-curse on hit temporal chains corrupted haemophilia is cheap right now. You can pay for level 8 vorici service to fix the sockets later(find someone on the shop forums). temporal chains and despair are about equivalent in damage.

-ditch the sulpher flask and witchfire brew. Sulphur flask is weak(4% more damage when active). Witch fire is worse(1% more damage while active) and you can apply curses easily in other ways. The wiki says witchfire does not break the curse cap.

-+1 frenzy maligaro's cruelty adds 5% more damage. Worth it if you can get it cheap.

- I got my +1 arrow soul strike for 30 c, keep watching poetrade till you get a good deal. Damage would go up about 19% from the chaos damage +extra arrow.

-tornado shot enchant adds a lot of damage obviously but getting a hat with it is at least 1 ex.

For priority, I say get the coralito's signature+added chaos damage gem since they cost almost nothing. Then save for the 6 link. After that go in any order you like.

It seems you are focusing more on poison than bleed, so flat physical should be replaced by flat chaos instead

bleed is less then 5% of our single target damage. Both flat physical and chaos damage increase poison damage.

Also quicksilver flask of adrenaline is really nice.

Wow, that seems a lot of work, thank you very much, mate! I'll try to follow this, already started changing up things and it seems to work way better!

However, for the sake of discussion. Why are we not taking Crimson Dance? According to wiki it can add up to 280% or initial damage as opposed to 70% now while the target is standing and 170% when the target is moving. Stacking more damage with bleed and increasing our initial hit can help deliver more damage since both of the ailments scale from base hit it seems. Of course our survivability would suffer if done permanently but maybe it is worth changing up Chain socket to Physical projectile socket while bossing?
Why are we not taking Crimson Dance?

Here's what i got from mathing it out on path of building with my own gear/tree:

Assume:

-we are fighting shaper
-we have wither totem active
-we can keep our frenzy+power charges up
-we have coralito's signature active
-we are standing still shooting away
-we are using added chaos,vile toxins,unbound ailments,deadly ailments
-we have crimson dance
-we hit 6 times each attack with tornado shot(not sure what the real number is)
we do:

17517 dps with bleed
1537944 dps with poison+hits.

so bleed is 1% of our damage. The 4 passive points we put into crimson dance gave us less than 1% more damage.

Here's another scenario:

assume:

-we are fighting trash
-we have max frenzy+power charges
-no wither totem
-we are using added chaos,chain,unbound ailments,deadly ailments
-we attack once, each mob gets 8 stacks of bleed and poison
-we have crimson dance
17517 dps with bleed
42176 dpswith poison

so bleed is 29% of the damage here. Crimson dance is 100% more damage on moving enemies(most trash) So its not bad in situations like this.

Keep in mind most of the other damage talents that take ~4 nodes give about 5-8% more damage.

Also, I didn't realise how much wither totem does at max stacks. It gives 90% more damage with poison... I thought it was additive with but apparently not.

that seems a lot of work, thank you very much, mate

I'm min maxing myself at the same time I'm helping you so its no big deal.

maybe it is worth changing up Chain socket to Physical projectile socket while bossing?

Like I said bleed damage does almost nothing to bosses compared to poison so vile toxins is your best bet versus bosses.

Please correct me if I made any mistakes guys
"
Why are we not taking Crimson Dance?

Here's what i got from mathing it out on path of building with my own gear/tree:

Assume:

-we are fighting shaper
-we have wither totem active
-we can keep our frenzy+power charges up
-we have coralito's signature active
-we are standing still shooting away
-we are using added chaos,vile toxins,unbound ailments,deadly ailments
-we have crimson dance
-we hit 6 times each attack with tornado shot(not sure what the real number is)
we do:

17517 dps with bleed
1537944 dps with poison+hits.

so bleed is 1% of our damage. The 4 passive points we put into crimson dance gave us less than 1% more damage.

Here's another scenario:

assume:

-we are fighting trash
-we have max frenzy+power charges
-no wither totem
-we are using added chaos,chain,unbound ailments,deadly ailments
-we attack once, each mob gets 8 stacks of bleed and poison
-we have crimson dance
17517 dps with bleed
42176 dpswith poison

so bleed is 29% of the damage here. Crimson dance is 100% more damage on moving enemies(most trash) So its not bad in situations like this.

Keep in mind most of the other damage talents that take ~4 nodes give about 5-8% more damage.

Also, I didn't realise how much wither totem does at max stacks. It gives 90% more damage with poison... I thought it was additive with but apparently not.

that seems a lot of work, thank you very much, mate

I'm min maxing myself at the same time I'm helping you so its no big deal.

maybe it is worth changing up Chain socket to Physical projectile socket while bossing?

Like I said bleed damage does almost nothing to bosses compared to poison so vile toxins is your best bet versus bosses.

Please correct me if I made any mistakes guys

All is fine

Chain => for map clearing and Swap to Vile toxin for boss
During boss fight just use Frenzy to gain your frenzy charges
More Arrows you have more damage you stack so Quiver +1 arrow is important and Lioneye's Glare + 1 Arrow is luxury.
Our main damage is poison not bleed
+1 Frenzy on Maligaro's cruelty you need to have
Attack speed and movement Speed help too
Your Aura => Grace => more evasion => more chance to evade ^^
Flask Atziri + dying sun is most
Armor => Dondrobate best for this build
Jewel => New jewels can be very good with phy flat damage

Will this work with a Quill Rain or we really need the dmg on the bow? Started to play on Abyss so i dont really know how to tweak it to make it work.

Already have the maligaro +1 frenzy, the soul strike +1 arrow and the haemophilia+chains. The quillrain its corrupted with chaos damage,still looking for a Lionsglare +1 arrow or Quillrain +1 arrow if it can work.

Sadly my dendrobate after LOT of fusings its only 5l ><
Will this work with a Quill Rain or we really need the dmg on the bow? Started to play on Abyss so i dont really know how to tweak it to make it work.

It does work with quill rain, but you must have added chaos damage support gem. Any flat damage you can get would be even more valuable than usual, while attack speed would be worth less than usual.

With my gear/build lioneyes is 16% more damage than quill rain. Replacing my jewels with perfect roll +flat damage abyss jewels, getting steel rings, and getting a level 21 added chaos damage support might make quill rain better relative to lioneyes, but im not sure.

Obviously if you use quill rain don't take crimson dance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info