[3.0] Poison/Bleed Tornado Shot Assassin (budget friendly)

"

With my gear/build lioneyes is 16% more damage than quill rain. Replacing my jewels with perfect roll +flat damage abyss jewels, getting steel rings, and getting a level 21 added chaos damage support might make quill rain better relative to lioneyes, but im not sure.

Obviously if you use quill rain don't take crimson dance.

Very thanks for the reply, will try. Anyways Lion+1 arrow its far cheaper than QuillRain +1 arrow, so maybe i just follow your path/character, seems like you doing fine for now
"
The new abyss jewels can help immensely if you can somehow roll added physical damage with bows, added physical damage, life and then either resists or added chaos damage.

chance to gain onslaught is nice while clearing. Attack speed if you have dealt a critical hit is always up no matter what obviously. Too bad the chance to gain unholy might is on melee only.

The inflated price of Dying Sun is the only bad news so far. It was ~150c last league and it's now ~500c.

Try the new flask coralito's signature. Huge damage increase, and it cost's 1 alch.

I dont really understand the interaction between calito's signature and crit.
Why do we go for Crit at all if we do no extram damage with them?
I dont really understand the interaction between calito's signature and crit.
Why do we go for Crit at all if we do no extram damage with them?

Lets look at what coralito's signature does, using my character/build:

-crit chance is lucky: increases my chance to crit from 36 to 60, a 64% increase in our chance to crit. Assassin ascendancy gives us 30% more damage with poison when we crit, so we want to be critting as much as possible.

-chaos damage taken:you wont even notice

-chance to poison:only matters on map mods that reduce your chance to poison/bleed

-critical strikes dont do extra damage: this lowers the damage of our hits. My damage with hits is 5% of my dps before Coralito's signature and with vile toxins. Reducing this number barely matters

-increased poison duration: raises the duration of my poison stacks from 7.6 seconds to 10 seconds. That means I can Have ~30% more poison stacks on a target at any one time.

-Perfect agony:-less damage with hits: who cares
-more poison damage when you crit: yes please

So in total, my damage with hits gets cut in half, but my poison damage goes up by 70 percent. overall 65 percent more damage while the flask is active. No other flask is even close to this. This was made for our build and is easily the best in slot damage flask. Also cutting our damage with hits actually helps us versus reflect, I can fire away in atziri split phase and not die.

On another note, I did elder at map tier 9. Died 4 times. He has several 1 shot abilities that are avoidable. Adds are no issue. Save your life flask for when he tries to drain you, it cant be avoided. My damage was fine even though I forgot to use wither totem or keep my frenzy stacks up. I used vile toxins, but chain would have made the adds phase easier.
Have you tested Barrage for Boss killing?

I checked your build in PoB and i looked like Barrage might be better for Single Target.

However i feel like its not really calculating Poison.
Also did you consider the New Bow Arborix?

I haven't tested it live, but poetrade says this:

(assume every arrow hits)(using my character)

With my current build, frenzy charges+withertotem up:

-tornado shot would do 3950226 dps with hits+poison.
-barrage would do 3164950 dps.

For barrage to be better, we could use a barrage enchanted hat and 3 unique jewels. Now barrage would do 4929796 dps. This is a significant trade off though. You give up~400 life from the jewels, and need a second 6 link or else you cant clear adds.

i feel like its not really calculating Poison.

Not sure what you mean here. To get our true dps, multiply "total dps inc. poison" by the number of arrows per shot and then add bleed dps.

From what I can see playing around on poetrade, arborix has worse damage than reach of the council when it gives iron reflexes, and better when it gives attack speed. Even with the attack speed in effect and the 2 extra arrows, lioneyes still gives the same damage as arborix.

So the only reason to pick arborix is if you really like the yoyo effect or like wasting your money IMO. Good luck getting a +1 arrow one.
"

I haven't tested it live, but poetrade says this:

(assume every arrow hits)(using my character)

With my current build, frenzy charges+withertotem up:

-tornado shot would do 3950226 dps with hits+poison.
-barrage would do 3164950 dps.

For barrage to be better, we could use a barrage enchanted hat and 3 unique jewels. Now barrage would do 4929796 dps. This is a significant trade off though. You give up~400 life from the jewels, and need a second 6 link or else you cant clear adds.

i feel like its not really calculating Poison.

Not sure what you mean here. To get our true dps, multiply "total dps inc. poison" by the number of arrows per shot and then add bleed dps.

From what I can see playing around on poetrade, arborix has worse damage than reach of the council when it gives iron reflexes, and better when it gives attack speed. Even with the attack speed in effect and the 2 extra arrows, lioneyes still gives the same damage as arborix.

So the only reason to pick arborix is if you really like the yoyo effect or like wasting your money IMO. Good luck getting a +1 arrow one.

-TS has to hit with all the arrows tho. which i belive isnt really 100% of the time.
-what i mean by calculating poison: you can Configurate the amount of Poisons on the Mob. However it stops at 10.
-Arborix would help clear tho. However the Hits can't be evade mod is nice on Lioneyes

Whats your thought on Assassin over Raider or Pathfinder?
TS has to hit with all the arrows tho. which i belive isnt really 100% of the time.

True, but neither does barrage. Barrage might hit a greater number of its arrows, but I don't know how many. Tornado shot also hits with more of its arrows when you get the additional secondary projectiles hat enchant.

what i mean by calculating poison: you can Configurate the amount of Poisons on the Mob. However it stops at 10.

This is only for scaling vile toxins on hit damage or anything else that needs to count poison stacks as far as I know. All your poison damage is already included in Total dps inc. poison.

Arborix would help clear tho. However the Hits can't be evade mod is nice on Lioneyes

I agree, the movespeed from arborix would be very nice for clearing. It is relatively easy to get a +1 arrow lioneyes, not so much with arborix so your damage wont scale as high. The Hits can't be evade mod on lioneyes is basically a 20% more damage multiplier. Combine that with its high pds and its hard to beat.

Whats your thought on Assassin over Raider or Pathfinder?

Haven't given it much thought, they certainly look like viable alternatives though. Trickster looks usable as well.

Edit:

Looked at other ascendancies quickly. None of the other ascendancies can do as much damage as assassin with this build as far as I can see.
Last edited by lildudespider3 on Jan 10, 2018, 1:36:35 PM
"

Looked at other ascendancies quickly. None of the other ascendancies can do as much damage as assassin with this build as far as I can see.

Raider gets way more AS, you wont have your Frenzy Charges Up against bosses and Pathfinder gives increased Flasks Usage wich is really good for our Poison Flask + Using Witchfire and Dying Sun might even increase the damage more
Raider gets way more AS, you wont have your Frenzy Charges Up against bosses and Pathfinder gives increased Flasks Usage wich is really good for our Poison Flask + Using Witchfire and Dying Sun might even increase the damage more

Its really not hard to keep frenzy charges up versus bosses, raider looks subpar imo.

The infinite flask usage from pathfinder looks interesting. She lacks the raw damage overall that assassin has, but perhaps the damage could be comparable due to 100% damage flask uptime like you said.

Cleared first 4 breachlords. All were quite easy. Made ~6ex profit from a xoph's blood drop.
Using this right now

QUESTIONS:
1) Barely noticed the bleed damage as being the "key" part of this build, seems like poison do all the work, quill rain is more suitable for this build right?

2) Like in the 1st question, attack speed is an issue for me... got 2 passive points into 9% AS 6% MS, running haste and lightning golem and it feels much better.

3) Tooltip damage for MY poison seems bad, anyone can compare with mine?
Spoiler

4) IF i invest on this, let's say 5-10 ex to get +arrow quiver, +arrow bow and +2 tornado proj helmet this is going to be MUCH better? My cyclone raider is flying thru any maps no problem and it has 60 chaos invested, the poison/bleed assassin is having trouble at T9 and above for me, low HP (4.4k) and squishy due to evasion build.

That sums up what i have in mind, probably doing the wrong build (there's a quill rain/thief's ring build around) OP did a modified version and i followed.

Check in my profile for more info/passive tree
Character: TrynBleed
Last edited by evuless on Jan 12, 2018, 11:01:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info