[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

"
AnwarD wrote:
Would scourge claw + a good spell damage shield be an option instead of the 2h queen. Running shieldcharge for the 70% dmg inc?

For this build specifically if you are looking for alternative weapon options I would use two-handed weapons like Pledge of Hands, Sire of Shards, or Femur of the Saints so you can get a 6 link.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 19, 2017, 1:33:17 PM
"
delorian wrote:
Hello, I'm interested in your build but I have a big problem. I think newbie players like me, needs a skill tree for lvl 30, then lvl 60 and 80, I think you know what I mean because right now I look the passive tree and im lost, don't know where I should first go. Thanks for this awesome build and hope you read me and at least help me.

I will update the leveling guide with passive skill trees. The main reason I didn't want to do that was because depending on what items you already have or what you need how you path the tree can change. It is very flexible

I understand getting lost though so I'll do it soon.

"
ImJustSayin wrote:
Any idea why I am only able to summon 5 mages at once? I have two dead reckonings and int surrounding. This is my first attempt at a necro/summ build also :(

On the skill tree, if you look at the minion nodes, you need to get the nodes that give you +1 skeletons and zombies. In total you can get I think +4 skeletons for a total of 10.

"
KTMetis wrote:
"
Lohetapja wrote:

What are your thoughts about this setup?

Yea that setup works great. Rather have that setup than a 3B3G one.

How is it in dmg 3B 2G 1R vs 4B 2G, i have currency to roll it , i just dont know how big is difference, and im bad at research about dmg and stuff.
8/19/2017 Quick Update

- Added example leveling trees
"
Lohetapja wrote:
"
KTMetis wrote:
"
Lohetapja wrote:

What are your thoughts about this setup?

Yea that setup works great. Rather have that setup than a 3B3G one.

How is it in dmg 3B 2G 1R vs 4B 2G, i have currency to roll it , i just dont know how big is difference, and im bad at research about dmg and stuff.

Checking on Path of Building an Elemental focus would give more 12% more dps so a 4B 2G would be better. When compared to a level 4 empower, Elemental focus gives 3.3% more dps.

How many chromes do you have to reroll? I wouldn't trust anything below 2000 chromes. I did 2 blue vorichi crafting and i used roughly 3000 chromes.

the vorichi chrome calculator says you only need 1000ish chromes on average so I probably got unlucky.

Honestly If you can get a level 4 empower and are sick of chroming items you can just stick with the lvl 4
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 19, 2017, 2:31:46 PM
Thoughts on using one or two from dust gems so you can summon multiple skeletons at once? For quality of life?
Hi!
I started this necro as my first char this league and it's awesome! Thank you for a very good build and guide.
I'm just about to start investing into my mainhand (currently using a 6L, +1 to gems) and I'm hesitating between Queen's Decree and Femurs of the saint.
I can't see how Queens is better then Femur so I was hoping you could shed some light on this.
This is how I reason so far...

Femur gives 18% castspeed, 2% hp reg and +2 to skele and minion dmg gem. (also +18% duration)
Queen's give 10% life, 15% dmg and +1 skele and zombie. (also +180% duration)

If I use 5x to dust with best duration rolls thats 50% decrease in skele duration= 13sec

I cant see any situation where I would want my skeles to last more then 13 sec.

And considering the +2 to gem lvl and 18% cast speed femur gives more dmg, right?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi,

can you tell me what to use instead of "Animated Guardian" any ideas?

And am i right....we don´t need linked body armor here for the auras?

"
hAxberg wrote:
Hi!
I started this necro as my first char this league and it's awesome! Thank you for a very good build and guide.
I'm just about to start investing into my mainhand (currently using a 6L, +1 to gems) and I'm hesitating between Queen's Decree and Femurs of the saint.
I can't see how Queens is better then Femur so I was hoping you could shed some light on this.
This is how I reason so far...

Femur gives 18% castspeed, 2% hp reg and +2 to skele and minion dmg gem. (also +18% duration)
Queen's give 10% life, 15% dmg and +1 skele and zombie. (also +180% duration)

If I use 5x to dust with best duration rolls thats 50% decrease in skele duration= 13sec

I cant see any situation where I would want my skeles to last more then 13 sec.

And considering the +2 to gem lvl and 18% cast speed femur gives more dmg, right?

Thanks in advance! :)

With Femurs you gain dps but lose a skeleton and zombie. When I calculated it on Path of Building Femurs was just 6% more dps overall. Since you lost the tenth skeleton the dps increase isnt as big as it seems it will be. However, it is still a dps increase though.

The issue was that when I used Femurs in lockstep mode it give me lag spikes whenever I summoned skeletons. It seems to be fixed for srs as they changed it to a flat % regen but not for skeletons. I have no idea how to fix that. Some people say that it happens to them too while others don't have that issue. I would consider using Femurs but it just so frustrating playing with that constant lag spike.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 19, 2017, 8:44:36 PM
"
gregAT wrote:
Hi,

can you tell me what to use instead of "Animated Guardian" any ideas?

And am i right....we don´t need linked body armor here for the auras?

You don't need the body armour to be linked. You just need a 6 socket.

If you don't want to use Animate Guardian you can try spectres out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info