[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

"
ImJustSayin wrote:
Any idea why I am only able to summon 5 mages at once? I have two dead reckonings and int surrounding. This is my first attempt at a necro/summ build also :(

i have a question for you, are you buying your gems or hunting them. if hunting can you give me some pointers
Alright, I feel I'm at a comfortable point for posting where I am with this build.

Current Gear
Spoiler

I started Leveling with the Queen's Escape as soon as i could ( it was a 4L 2R2G) when i got it. and Victario's Influence was 4S (2G1B1R) leveling was fairly comfortable with plenty of health.
I am currently level 76 with Passive Tree filled aside for some Life Nodes and the To Dust Jewels. I am comfortable with running maps but am still working on correct placement for myself while my zombies/skeletons deal with the mobs. If you stand in the wrong spot you can easily get 1-Hit/2-Hit.

Overall this is a sweet build! I'll be working on updating my Helmet to a Bone Helmet and hoping to get some boots with movement speed to help out with clearspeed.

If anyone would like any questions answered i'd be happy to help.
"
SirJuggernaut wrote:
Alright, I feel I'm at a comfortable point for posting where I am with this build.

Current Gear
Spoiler

I started Leveling with the Queen's Escape as soon as i could ( it was a 4L 2R2G) when i got it. and Victario's Influence was 4S (2G1B1R) leveling was fairly comfortable with plenty of health.
I am currently level 76 with Passive Tree filled aside for some Life Nodes and the To Dust Jewels. I am comfortable with running maps but am still working on correct placement for myself while my zombies/skeletons deal with the mobs. If you stand in the wrong spot you can easily get 1-Hit/2-Hit.

Overall this is a sweet build! I'll be working on updating my Helmet to a Bone Helmet and hoping to get some boots with movement speed to help out with clearspeed.

I really like how you set it up. my question being new to poe. Are you farming what you can to get your equipment or flat out buying it?
"
KTMetis wrote:
"
hAxberg wrote:
Hi!
I started this necro as my first char this league and it's awesome! Thank you for a very good build and guide.
I'm just about to start investing into my mainhand (currently using a 6L, +1 to gems) and I'm hesitating between Queen's Decree and Femurs of the saint.
I can't see how Queens is better then Femur so I was hoping you could shed some light on this.
This is how I reason so far...

Femur gives 18% castspeed, 2% hp reg and +2 to skele and minion dmg gem. (also +18% duration)
Queen's give 10% life, 15% dmg and +1 skele and zombie. (also +180% duration)

If I use 5x to dust with best duration rolls thats 50% decrease in skele duration= 13sec

I cant see any situation where I would want my skeles to last more then 13 sec.

And considering the +2 to gem lvl and 18% cast speed femur gives more dmg, right?

Thanks in advance! :)

With Femurs you gain dps but lose a skeleton and zombie. When I calculated it on Path of Building Femurs was just 6% more dps overall. Since you lost the tenth skeleton the dps increase isnt as big as it seems it will be. However, it is still a dps increase though.

The issue was that when I used Femurs in lockstep mode it give me lag spikes whenever I summoned skeletons. It seems to be fixed for srs as they changed it to a flat % regen but not for skeletons. I have no idea how to fix that. Some people say that it happens to them too while others don't have that issue. I would consider using Femurs but it just so frustrating playing with that constant lag spike.

Thank you for a quick respons. Good to know im not completely wrong hehe. Im gonna go with the weapon I get the best price/sockets on :)
"
froggy2x4 wrote:
"
SirJuggernaut wrote:

Current Gear
Spoiler

I really like how you set it up. my question being new to poe. Are you farming what you can to get your equipment or flat out buying it?

With Queens Escape i bought the 4L to level then around level 70 i bought a Jewellers Touch prophecy ( turns the item into a 5S5L item) and used Chromatic Orbs for the socket colors. The prophecy is 32 chaos and I probably used 50 or so chromatic orbs.
With Victario's Influence I bought one for 1 chaos (just look for higher rolls on the stats) then used Jewellers orbs to get 6 sockets. I think I only used about 20 Jewellers orbs.

With the rest of the gear I just buy them I think the most expensive items were 5chaos (both rings were each 5c)
Hi my other half is playing this build and she's really enjoying it so far. There is one problem. She has taken Zealot's oath, Eldritch Battery and MOM but she's still taking a massive hit to her life when she takes damage. ES is as you stated at least 30% of her life and she's running a stone Golem, but energy shield is not recharging fast enough to stop her taking hits. Keep up the good work and any advice or thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
How do you think an ES variation of this would work?
"
Margambro wrote:
Hi my other half is playing this build and she's really enjoying it so far. There is one problem. She has taken Zealot's oath, Eldritch Battery and MOM but she's still taking a massive hit to her life when she takes damage. ES is as you stated at least 30% of her life and she's running a stone Golem, but energy shield is not recharging fast enough to stop her taking hits. Keep up the good work and any advice or thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Did she get % life regen on the tree? Most of the time, You should not be getting hit. Or at least not frequent hits. Positioning behind your minions and staying back is what I usually do that keeps me safe. Mind over Matter is for the "once in a while" mistakes you make (like boss positioning or Guardians) and for big hits (like volatile). It prevents you from getting one shot and gives you the window to chug life flasks and leap slam out of danger. It recharges relatively quickly in that you will be able to take another big hit in 2-3 seconds with good regen.

If you wanted more constant sustain against small hits summoners either use more life flasks, the baron leech, or simply position correctly.

Although I admit I made a mistake saying quickly in the build guide. I think it makes people assume that it will recover instantly.

This is all assuming you have the correct life pool for the current tier mobs you are fighting. Can't do much with your ES and mind over matter if your life pool is low to begin with.

If you look at my character on path of building or the videos I put out. You can see that currently my ES is not 30% of my life. I focused more on building a life pool before increasing my ES since the life pool is more important. I'm working on my ES now though since I got my life to a value I'm comfortable doing end game with.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 20, 2017, 5:02:08 PM

*SOLD*
Last edited by firenovix on Aug 21, 2017, 9:32:07 PM
"
uFish wrote:
How do you think an ES variation of this would work?

I think you can go low life with shavs if you want. Someone told me that was what they were doing and they seem to be doing fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info