[3.2] BUFFED "Chin Sol Trapnel Shot" - 10c Budget, farm Atziri/Uber Lab/High Maps

Just a quick update, GornoDD has tried the build in standard with some fairly high-end equipment and some adjustments and has downed shaper deathless. The video is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0DG653BI7c&feature=youtu.be

And in the initial post. I'll be trying shaper in the temp leagues now since he's motivated me :P
I guess it's endgame viable afterall!
would conc effect be better than added lightning as a 5th link option? since both blast rain and shrapnel shot both have aoe tag.
also decoy totem + trap is a fun option.
In the spirit of keeping things cheap. I switched things up, dropped acrobatics picked up iron reflexes and pathed through the cloth and chain nodes. a 40% sharpnel damage enchant on a strength based helm was very cheap.
The video you linked of the guy beating shaper, he's not using Shrapnel shot. So is Tornado shot better?
"
Foam_Bananas wrote:
The video you linked of the guy beating shaper, he's not using Shrapnel shot. So is Tornado shot better?

cant speak for him, but usually what happens is once you invest enough into gear, TS would become better.

Also can we get a map clear video please?
"
wenlock wrote:
"
Foam_Bananas wrote:

cant speak for him, but usually what happens is once you invest enough into gear, TS would become better.

Yeah I suppose you're right.
"
wenlock wrote:
"
Foam_Bananas wrote:

I honestly think Shrapenl shot is better with collateral damage jewels. Basically doing quad damage with those + point blank + chin sol.

@ OP:

Why use Blast Rain? Why not just use 2 shrap shots, if blast rain isn't that good on a trap setup? Is it just for variety, or is there a purpose? Also, by getting 70% cooldown recovery speed for throwing traps on the tree, isn 't that enough to justify only using 1 trap setup? it'll go down from 4 secs to around 2 seconds, right?

Edit: oh, he uses both. Here is his profile. I guess he uses TS for clearing, and shrap for single target.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on Aug 16, 2017, 1:32:56 PM
So that you guys get a little update from my side of things. I did change some things about the Build that IMHO really lifted it to become a highly reliable Endgame Farmer.

I am a build creator myself and released two very succeful builds here on the Marauder forums (Destroy the Atlas) and a Incinerate Witch Guide back in the pre 2.0 days.

So far I have killed Shaper/Guardians/Uber-Atziri with relative ease. The Video posted on the front page was my frist test with Barrage and I swapped to Shrapnel afterwards. Shrapnel proved to have even higher damage due to its reliable hits. Barrage tends to miss alot of the shots fired.

This a deathless Shaper kill with Shrapnel-Shot

I also tryed Uber-Atziri yesterday and barely was able to finish her on my last portal. The survivability was simply not enough. So I made some changes that I speak about in detail here:

- The build has ALOT(!) of damage and I figured it would be ok to drop about 25% damage to invest into survivability

- I dropped most of the duelist section of the tree to pick up "Mind over Matter" since it greatly complements the Tinker-Skin playstyle. It was also necessary to drop Acrobatics, wich was no problem since the evasion mechanics where already very unreliable.

- I found out that running out of ES was an Issue that occurs when youre up against heavy fire so I needed a way to quickly regain ES while my Traps come off cooldown. The perfect(!) solution was >

I tested both legacy and non-legacy versions, and both work GREAT! So dont judge the nerfed one, its still really damn good.

This quiver is one of the most Overpowered Items in the Game IMHO. It was hit with a whopping nerf in 2.6 but still remains highly viable. The 80% faster recharge pretty much solves any Issues that come with "Mind over Matter" and "keeps you trapping" 100% of the time.

Most of the Damage from the Build comes from "added lightning damage" so the Conversion from "Signal Fire" isnt really necessary at all.

- The remaining problem was the lack of "physical mitigation". It was clear that "Iron Reflexes" was the best way to combat that.

Conclusion: After making these changes I went for Uber-Atziri again and was able to relativly comfortably kill her with only two deaths. Before, I died to the Trash two times ,wich was a non-Issue this time. My only death came from the Vaals where I accidently instagibbed one of them so the other killed me with 3 laser beams and when I misklicked with Blink Arrow on a Flameblast at Atziri herself.

I post my full gear here. Its not perfect but quite decent. In total I estimate my gear about 15-30 Exalts. Depending on the league and your cleverness when and how to grab those items. For a Build that clears the entire game very comfortably I think this is very fair.

My Passive Tree:

Last edited by GornoDD on Aug 17, 2017, 7:28:32 AM
cool. can we see a map clear?
Quick question, in the shaper run, it looks like you used barrage/tornado shot, but in the build you posted, you stuck with blast rain/shrapnel shot.

Any thoughts on which is superior?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info