[3.2] BUFFED "Chin Sol Trapnel Shot" - 10c Budget, farm Atziri/Uber Lab/High Maps

i'm really confused here about the threshold jewels. neither actually meet the requirements, and the top one seems to only have 10 dex in it. is that right?
"
i'm really confused here about the threshold jewels. neither actually meet the requirements, and the top one seems to only have 10 dex in it. is that right?

Threshold jewels only require the stated amount of allocatable attribute points within its radius, they don't actually have to have points allocated them. So as long as there's 40 points worth of dex nodes within the radius it works.
respecced from a frostbolt miner. gotta say the damage is ridiculous even on a 5L for shrapnel shot and 4L for blast rain. progressing into maps slowly. thnx for the build :)
"
DudeMcAwesome wrote:
"

Threshold jewels only require the stated amount of allocatable attribute points within its radius, they don't actually have to have points allocated them. So as long as there's 40 points worth of dex nodes within the radius it works.

thanks much m8! i was wondering why PoB was telling me "can support [stat] threshold jewels" even when i had NO points allocated.
Looks like i'm the first to complain about the build. First of all i'm following this build to the letter but i know where the concept is going so i'm not just following blindly, i'm not going budget though, but as far as links and uniques required it's all checked, tree is a perfect copy as lvl 68 goes, i know its too soon to conplain, but the damage in this build is incredibly inconsistent, there was times i just rolled over a few bosses but mostly i fail to clear a blue packs... the damage is ridiculously ineffective against map bosses.
I know, i know i'm only level 68 and i am not even using diamond flask, trappers are pusheovers when it comes to take damage but as far my resurrections goes, i'm putting Kenny to shame. This rant is probably because i'm mad of how bad this is going and frustrated after so many deaths, but i am on a brink of giving up this build, i was messing with my gear now and just got more pissed, i obviously dont know trappers as much as you do so i cant figure out a better defensive setup which is obliterated by my playstyle. i'll probably respec into something else and come back when i'm 85/90, if i come back to this build at all. Sorry about this, i'm probably gonna delete this and change as soon i get my shit together, i get emotional after 20 hours working on a build and it fails(i obviously wasnt ment to be a trapper)
The mana problem is non existent i give you that, but after i switched from ice traps to shrapnel/blast rain at 62 my mana problems ended anyway

Just a quick edit: right now my tree doesnt look the same because i was messing with it, the rant was from before i started messing furiously with the tree
Last edited by FluffyDontNeedCones on Aug 12, 2017, 5:44:36 PM
I have to say i've been following the build as well. The main problem is the defensive setup.

I do admit im still using goldrim and perandus belt and paxus ring still, which is why im only at 2k hp but im getting raped by mobs..ranged ones especially, two hits and im buh bye.

What can we do to increase defenses for this build? I was thinking of running blashphemy + enfeeble, but that will wreck the assasins mark..

any ideas?
Hi! I'm very sorry I haven't been able to answer everyone I'll try to answer all of you tomorrow as I'm out most of tonight.

With respect to the last two posts:

Consistency wise in the damage I actually haven't had a single problem. Diamond flask is very important for critting. You can keep it up perpetually during maps and it'll make certain almost every trap is a crit. I will say my tooltip DPs on blast rain went from 800 to about 3000 from 6x to 8x so your damage will increase tremendously.

I didn't really find myself dying until tier 7-8 maps before tinkerskin, but you DO have to play like a trapper. If you're running into packs before your traps go off you will die.

Damage wise I would again equip the diamond flask for sure, it's a huge boost. Crit is the most important thing for damage in the tree, the more consistently you Crit, the more efficient a trapper will be.

The dude with 2k hp, what level are you? Again sorry on mobile, can't check.
Hey, I lost track of where your thread was on Reddit so I'll post here.

To your credit, I do think this is an amazing build. I was thinking of ways to make Tinderskin work, and yours blew mine out of the water. My idea also revolved around 100% mana reservation and using EB + Tinderskin, but my trapper build basically had 1/3 the damage of yours.

That being said, out of no fault of your own (it's really really really hard to get a defensive set up AND trap nodes especially on the right side of the tree), I find this build is really squishy. I'm only level 75 and I still have around 35% life to grab, but at 3.8k life I die way too much.

The other Sabo build being popularized this league is ZiggyD's GC Miner, which has similar damage and MoM, whereas this build has no defensive capabilities at all. I'm running Grace, Atziri's Step, and planning on taking the full dodge Keystones and I still feel squishy. :( Here's hoping future patches give trappers a more defensive options.
Okay so here is my experience so far,

beginning:

I leveled with ice/fire trap for a good while and at level 45 I tried to switch to a tremor rod glacial cascade miner. Although I really didn't like the playstyle of mines, the damage was insane and I got to level 62 pretty quickly.

midgame:
at level 62 I grabbed a chin sol and bought a few gear upgrades (mostly life/resist). My damage at this stage was very good already, although sometimes I had a hard time staying alive because I'm not yet used to the trapper playstyle and because of my low life pool. I was aiming for level 69 because that's when I get my tinkerskin.

At this point I reached level 69 and bought a 4link tinkerskin immediatly, and WOW I was amazed at this item. I felt so much stronger in terms of survivability, phasing is pretty much up 80% of the time so i'm not getting stuck and I get 100 life back per trap triggered by an enemy which is really amazing.

conclusion: I am so happy I didn't give up on this build because I'm having so much fun now and can't wait to get into higher tier maps and make some currency!

So for all of you out there struggeling atleast try to make it to level 69 :D

My question for the build maker:
In your finished skill tree you use 2 jewel slots and I'm wondering if I want to use more jewels slots with elemental damage/accuracy jewels. which jewel slots would I take? a skill tree for that would be amazing. Also I would love to see you clear a high tier map with your build and post it on youtube :D.

thanks for the build and your time.
Last edited by phexifa on Aug 12, 2017, 9:31:38 PM
why blackgleam? for the conversion BECAUSE you have a bunch of ele dmg on the tree or for some other reason? is that (or better, signal fire) the best in slot?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info