[Discussion] Api sniper fest vs the regular player-base

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
CedricDur wrote:

What's interesting here is that the system is not like an AH. Trying to manipulate the prices of an AH is expensive, and may or may not work since other players may or may not play with it.

Try to manipulate the prices into going lower by posting a bunch of stuff at lower than usual will have them snagged off the market so it returns to its normal price.

In the current system people can have fifteen free accounts each posting gear a one tenth of its real price, and this is important and I will bold it, and just -not- answer the queries, so their posting remains, and they do not lose the item they posted at such a cheap price!

This is huge! This is tremendous! Market flippers can safely ignore everything that regulates a market when trying to do this sort of thing! The accounts are free, the items are not lost, their postings are not removed as the items are not sold since they are not actually for sale!

While I don't commend this and it's clearly unethical in the real world this is a fictive market with pixel items.

Your explanation is simplistic. What doing this and making work implies is so much more:

1. They need the 10 accounts created and transferring the same unique with similar rolls maybe.

2. They need than to have the odd luck of some people actually falling for this and posting said item cheap like they are.

Here comes the other part:

3. They need a fast API so they are the first to reap the rewards of the posts and not poe.trade

4. They need to fight it over with all the others like them and the normal flipper that only use the API for an advantage.

5. They need to find the stupid enough person who sells the item when he had 50 whispers in 5 seconds of posting it. I never sell anymore if that happens. I redo my math and reprice. It's my right and I am not bound to the initial price.

To come back to my initial point, while I find it unethical and basically a trick, if after all that work they manage to get some cheap items.... well power to them. that is why they choose to do in the game and if they enjoy it ..well it does not really hurt me personally. I am smarter than that and see trough it and I enjoy the game differently.

I can tell you from experience with WOW that manipulating that AH is way easier and it would be the same here. People with incredible amounts of currency will rule it.

From someone else, but basically showing what I meant: https://i.redd.it/oltz5y458lfz.png

The fact we cannot remove these postings as we would in a normal AH is pretty huge. No need to blindfold yourself into believing otherwise. I look at the first ten or so postings to get an idea of prices, and when I'm flooded with whispers I get an inkling I'm being bamboozled. If it is so good a deal why aren't those first ten posts already gone? Because they are fake, and unlike real AH they are not being bought and replaced by normal prices.

Since you brought up WoW AH imagine the first three pages of results showing pretty cheap prices for whatever. But no one is allowed to buy them.
'I'm a normal guy, because I want to get stuff for cheap'

'He's a normal guy, because he sells the stuff I want for cheap'

'EVERYONE ELSE IS AN EVIL MONSTER AND THE SYSTEM IS CRAP!!!'

OP, you are a commie in real life, aren't you? You sound like someone who has literally zero idea about how markets work. Read some Mises or Rothbard, for example. Don't waste your time on bullshit like Marx or even Keynes.
"
k1rage wrote:
short answer, we need a real trade system

sadly this will never happen. think ggg added ssf because it forces people to go ssf when they are getting sick of trading. a real trading system in game would be a ton better because everyone has the same exact chance and the fact that people can't place low and not sell it to mess with all the prices.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
I agree it's becoming a bit of an issue. Took be about 5 days to buy a tabula (we're not talking 1c here) and tabula price varied from 12c to 20c. Messaged all guys every couple of hours, sold every time. Was finally be able to buy one today from a guy that had an extra. Apparently he got messaged 10 times 1 second after he posted it. This is a serious issue since now it's basically ''have an API or search minimum 1 week before you can get it''.
"
satanttin wrote:
think ggg added ssf because it forces people to go ssf when they are getting sick of trading.

The amount of bullshit you guys are making up should indicate how weak your argument is to begin with. GGG added SSF because a large chunk of the playerbase found trading for items to remove too much of the challenge for them, so they started to play SSF in the regular leagues. GGG saw the demand for a mode like SSF so they added it to make people happy.
"
Boem wrote:
Let me start of by sketching a picture.

It's 10 in the evening, i grab myself a cup of coffee and poor some mint flavored honey in it. I proceed to walk to my pc and load up around four pages of poe-trade.
I fill in the required item attributes and items i am looking for and start browsing a bit.

I see a bunch of API abuse fuckers listing their items (aka = highly overpriced reselling), excuse the poor language but i'm a normal gamer, normal dude looking for some fun gears to waste my orbs on. Not working the system like a mad man forgetting the implication of the meaning of fun in the process.

BUT lo and behold! I press refresh on one of my item searches and see a soul-mate listing an item at a regular decent "no fucks given just making some orbs and enjoying the game" price.
Obviously, i wisp this blessed person.

Don't forget, i was checking this item page and just refreshed that stuff "live" sort of speak, this item was maybe listed for around 2 seconds.

He told me, not to my surprise i must add, that the item was already sold some minutes ago.

And for sure, that item is relisted to an "API abuse fucker" standardized price some time later.

Now i could proceed with story's like this, like how i put a 90life/double resis helmet in my stash for 5C and getting pm'd instantly the moment it enters my public tab etc...

But my question or contemplation is, how is the common man suppose to play when people are abusing api's to this extend.
Obviously, without resorting to their level of abusing the system.

I somewhat miss the old days where i could just "snipe" an item normally and get that feel good rush from obtaining it. Now it seems it's all automated excluding the actual human experience of "sniping" from the equation.

Thought's on this subject? Feel free to contribute but keep it civil.

Peace,

-Boem-

You want trade. This what trade leads to. Deal with it.
"
AmBasketball wrote:
"
MBQ wrote:

Because it takes about 7minutes for poe.trade to recognise your item

No, it does not (usually) take 7 minutes for poe.trade to update. I just set up a live search on tabulas and then listed mine for 1c. I got 1 whisper about 1 second before it came up on poetrade and then a whole bunch right after. It took about 45 seconds to show up on poetrade.

Now, I don't know if that 1 person was just closer to a cloudfare node or was scraping the API on their own, but I whispered them to see if they were a 'robot' and based on our conversation I'd guess not.

Feel free to actually test this though, it would save you a lot of butthurt.

So basically, by your own description, a person sitting in front of poe.trade and manually refreshing every minute has basically no chance of getting that deal because it takes less than a minute for snipers to jump on good deals.

That was my point.
ya ggg hates d2jsp but yet they allow 3rd parties to hax there shit and allow api or whatever you wanna call it to search there shit to find items.

they wanted this game to be like d2 well the trading with a 3rd party site to just pm a person to try to get a item either someone has able to snatch items. or the fucker puts ignore up or dnd while the items hee has for sale is on poe.trade or worse item is sold but the indexer isnt updating.

ffs they should just make this game ssf permanently or give us a in game system that is 100% reliable real time listings.

shit is stupid.

all they have to do is make a ingame system that searches peoples trade public tabs and have a in game indexer and your able to pay for it right then and there.

fuck the middle man going to someones hideout or getting ignored or gettting beat by someone using a hack.

BECAUSE IT IS A HACK THAT GGG ALLOWS OTHERS TO USE TO SCAN THERE SHIT.

BUT WAIT THEY ALLOW THAT BUT NOT OTHERS LIKE WHO TRADE CROSS LEAGUES BECAUSE THEY WANNA QQ

HOW CAN THEY ALLOW API TO SCAN THERE SHIT BUT NOT ALLOW PLAYERS TO DO IN GAME TRADING SHIT

rawrawr
"
suszterpatt wrote:
a person sitting in front of poe.trade and manually refreshing every minute

Sweet jesus you don't even know about the instant live search on poetrade?
"
Phish wrote:
they allow 3rd parties to hax there shit and allow api or whatever you wanna call it to search there shit to find items.

"
Phish wrote:

BECAUSE IT IS A HACK THAT GGG ALLOWS OTHERS TO USE TO SCAN THERE SHIT.

Are you so misinformed that you think reading from a public API is a hack?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info