[Discussion] Api sniper fest vs the regular player-base

"
Nephalim wrote:
This is disgusting. PoE is built on trading and for items to take 9 minutes to show up for the schmuck using poetrade 2 seconds for the abuser is unacceptable.

Fine tl;dr neph.

Finding items listed for 3 chaos only to be sold 6 minutes before appearing on PoE trade and then being relisted for 25C is uhm, bothersome?

Just an observation that i have and find troublesome, i'll find and get all my gear i always do but it's still a concern i think.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
People think they are entitled to get grossly underpriced items over the people who spend more time and effort than them to acquire said items?
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
"
People think they are entitled to get grossly underpriced items over the people who spend more time and effort than them to acquire said items?

Oh look, the entitlement card vs effort and time.

Install sniper API, configure set api if needed, enjoy being faster on items then 90% of the regular
player-base.

Such time, much effort.

And again where back to the retarded "just join the fuckers club" mentality.

Imma play my Bitch please card for you

Bitch please,

-Boem-
"

Api user spotted. Ban.
I still don't understand how what we have now differs from auction house? Just more annoying to use. At least with AH if someone puts an item up, it gets sold. Unlike half the time now when most people I message are like "sorry, sold it", yet the item is still listed 3 days later under the same name. People still try to manipulate the economy now, just put in an AH and make it more convenient at least so I don't have to keep leaving the game or actually interact with other people.
I think tne responces to the op are all missing the point. ..

I mean, mint flavoured honey in his coffee, wtf is going on with that?

Besides that though, yes the API use sucks, poe.trade is a pain and price fixing is rampart. But this will always be there as long as there is a non ggg built trade system.

My solution, not that it is worth much would be to have asynchronous offline trading with a min 48hr turnaround time to limit sniping. Its still fraught with problems but i think it would work better than the current system.

Cheers,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
essemoni wrote:

I mean, mint flavoured honey in his coffee, wtf is going on with that?

Don't knock it till you try it.

<.o

Peace,

-Boem-
"

You mean the effort of using a questionable 3rd party program?
Until ggg wants to do something nothing can be done.

One person today flipped me for 7c, well have fun. Wanted to buy an item person goes sold after being spam whispered for it, put price 3 times higher. Bought it anyway and found out it was too much of a struggle for him to negotiate before because doesn't understand english very well.

All that plays very well into that pyramid scheme, highest content gets cleared on the second day. Oh hi, we diablo 3 now ....

And then you have the poor exiles complaining about higher boss health and unable to afford things because of all that.

also slowly getting tired of the trade- meta....

putting an item for any non-scam price will get you around 30 insta messages.

not putting a price tag will as well instantly get you 30 whispers,
all of them now asking a alcs price for multi ex item.

trying to buy an item you can ignore the first 30 listings in poe.trade,
coz they just pricefixers and noobscammers.

even after ignoring first listings,
still get no reply from the first 10 ppl u ask to buy stuff.

... ... ...

dunno, but i remember the first rule of economics like
"my price should be lower than the prices of any competetor,
so i sell rather then he does",
poe trade seems more like
"my price has to be higher then the prices of any competetor,
so i earn a dollar more then him"

im so confused about that...
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type