[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

"
calrence wrote:

I found what I think is a pretty nice sceptre (+26% ele, 74% fire dmg) but it has +fire dmg to spells, thus I have not been using the orb of storms + flammability much. I don't really have any upgrade options at the moment so would it be better to temporarily spec out of Elemental Equilibrium until I can use it with no drawbacks? (e.g switching my ammy for a +lightning dmg one)

It's a pretty big DPS loss to give up Flammability and EE.

I used the ZiggyD PoB data, swapped out Doryani's for a Scepter with +26% ele and +74% fire, then disabled EE and Flammability.

SR Stage 1 DPS: 52522
RF DPS: 69622

Now, I'll swap out the Scepter for one with +13% ele dmg and 1-2 cold damage. No % Fire at all, but I'll turn EE and Flammability back on.

SR Stage 1 DPS: 88433
RF DPS: 114683

Maybe you don't want to deal with Flammability, but keep EE thru the cold damage.

SR Stage 1 DPS: 68681
RF DPS: 89069

IOW, you're better off with any random Magic Scepter and keeping EE and/or Flammability.

"
calrence wrote:

Secondly, what is the importance of going for Light of Divinity? As I understand it only affects Scorching Ray but not RF, so would it not be better to build towards Heart of Flame / Breath of Flames?

This is a good question. The 2 nodes to capture Light of Divinity grant the following DPS gains.

RF: +0.3% DPS or ~0.15% DPS per point spent
SR Stage 1: +3.3% DPS or ~1.65% DPS per point spent

Total: ~1.8% DPS per point spent

I just posted earlier that picking up the easily accessible 4th Jewel slot (and getting a good Jewel) can grab you a little over ~3% DPS per point spent. There's also an 8% Elemental node right next to Elementalist that goes unused and would provide +1.2% RF DPS and +1.1% SR DPS for a +2.3% DPS gain per point.

LoD offers a bit of utility with the Light Radius, but it seems like a DPS loss compared to other nearby, efficient nodes.
Are we looking at path of building for the damage? I look at my scorching ray in a 6 link and it only is listing 12k for stage 1 my profile is open so if someone could check to see what I would need to get up more damage I would love to know.

thanks
"
Secondly, what is the importance of going for Light of Divinity? As I understand it only affects Scorching Ray but not RF, so would it not be better to build towards Heart of Flame / Breath of Flames?

You are probably right once you push 90+ or perhaps when playing sc the heart of flame and the 20% burning dmg towards breath of flame will be better dps wise !

Light of divinity is an early damage boost used for leveling + some cast speed.
Endgame speccing out LoD and picking up a 4th jewel or the nodes on top will be better !
(If your current cs can reach 8 stages but that should be no problem)

Will edit it tomorrow, off to sleep now!

"
DualHalo wrote:
Are we looking at path of building for the damage? I look at my scorching ray in a 6 link and it only is listing 12k for stage 1 my profile is open so if someone could check to see what I would need to get up more damage I would love to know.

thanks

Imported and I'm looking at a 60k dot dps dps stage 1
Make sure to put on effective dps and not unbuffed dps.

You kinda have to include EE(Checkbox the "enemy was hit by cold dmg") + our curse as it basicly increased our dps by x3-4

Your RF is 78k dot dps if you are wondering
ign: ropefly
Last edited by ropefly on Aug 13, 2017, 8:56:29 PM
Rope you are awesome, thank you for the feedback. I am wondering what else I need to do to elevate my build to guardian status.

Right now I switch out my helm to a immortal call cwdt helm when righteous fire would just end up with me dying.

What can I do to my character right now to see some improvement. I want to start pushing higher maps. I can comfortably farm shaped racecourse with most mods (not creatures from beyond or breach capable)

thanks.

I wanted to ask the following as i was thinking of - for SC

would you recommenced going 3 viridian grand spectrum

also instead of the 4%life nodes after warriors blood to use those points on extra Jewel sockets? There are 3 sockets within 3point reach for this build.

Or maybe respec something else to get those points.

Also i have 1 socket left so i am thinking enlighten on purity and clarity would be best?

Ok last stupid question i promise

Pyre rings - no life but best for damage even late game no?

Thanks
Last edited by LastxResort on Aug 13, 2017, 10:25:45 PM
x
Last edited by Mobius777 on Aug 13, 2017, 11:34:06 PM
Just hit 80 today with this build. This is my first RF/SR build and I could use some gearing advice. I sometimes get burst down even when spamming seethign divine, I probably need more survivability. Any gear recommendations would be appreciated, thanks!
"
Mobius777 wrote:
Just hit 80 today with this build. This is my first RF/SR build and I could use some gearing advice. I sometimes get burst down even when spamming seethign divine, I probably need more survivability. Any gear recommendations would be appreciated, thanks!

need more info. You are getting burst down by what? Physical or elemental? Build is very tanky if you have the shield charge + fortify setup. I have 6300 life, but had no issues when I had 5500. Just make sure to have instant life flasks and ressists all the way up.
IGN: LessBow
"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
"
Mobius777 wrote:

need more info. You are getting burst down by what? Physical or elemental? Build is very tanky if you have the shield charge + fortify setup. I have 6300 life, but had no issues when I had 5500. Just make sure to have instant life flasks and ressists all the way up.

It doesn't happen very often and I'm not sure exactly what is killing me but it usually happens with harbinger groups or some groups that don't die super fast to my SR/RF. It could definitely be my lack of experience. Again any gearing suggestions to help me progress through maps and maybe get to guardians/shaper would be great.
"
"
calrence wrote:

I found what I think is a pretty nice sceptre (+26% ele, 74% fire dmg) but it has +fire dmg to spells, thus I have not been using the orb of storms + flammability much. I don't really have any upgrade options at the moment so would it be better to temporarily spec out of Elemental Equilibrium until I can use it with no drawbacks? (e.g switching my ammy for a +lightning dmg one)

It's a pretty big DPS loss to give up Flammability and EE.

I used the ZiggyD PoB data, swapped out Doryani's for a Scepter with +26% ele and +74% fire, then disabled EE and Flammability.

SR Stage 1 DPS: 52522
RF DPS: 69622

Now, I'll swap out the Scepter for one with +13% ele dmg and 1-2 cold damage. No % Fire at all, but I'll turn EE and Flammability back on.

SR Stage 1 DPS: 88433
RF DPS: 114683

Maybe you don't want to deal with Flammability, but keep EE thru the cold damage.

SR Stage 1 DPS: 68681
RF DPS: 89069

IOW, you're better off with any random Magic Scepter and keeping EE and/or Flammability.

"
calrence wrote:

This is a good question. The 2 nodes to capture Light of Divinity grant the following DPS gains.

RF: +0.3% DPS or ~0.15% DPS per point spent
SR Stage 1: +3.3% DPS or ~1.65% DPS per point spent

Total: ~1.8% DPS per point spent

I just posted earlier that picking up the easily accessible 4th Jewel slot (and getting a good Jewel) can grab you a little over ~3% DPS per point spent. There's also an 8% Elemental node right next to Elementalist that goes unused and would provide +1.2% RF DPS and +1.1% SR DPS for a +2.3% DPS gain per point.

LoD offers a bit of utility with the Light Radius, but it seems like a DPS loss compared to other nearby, efficient nodes.

Thanks for the detailed answers to my questions!

Guess I'll switch to one of the spare sceptres I have in my stash.

Ropefly, thanks for your answer too! I don't seem to be able to reach 8stacks at the moment as most things die before then! Will probably spec out and test the clear speed in that case :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info