[3.1][HC] Scorching RF Inquisitor - cheap starter build - ZiggyD

Leveling wise i went for Scorching Ray and a fire storm totem. Rallying cry and selfcast flammability.

For a short while i also used a Whispering Ice staff with SC and CwC, you get CwC late in the game now so i would not reccomend that.

Perhaps not the smoothes way to do it, but it worked pretty well.
ZiggyD is giving some advice in his youtube video, but it could be a bit more fleshed out for new players

I believe you can run RF pretty early if you can get enough mana regen and have low life to make MoM proc?

What i failed to understand as im a bit of a noob is that for MoM to Work properly you need to have the right Life/Mana ratio.

I believe the calcultion is

Lifenumber x 0.4285 = amount of mana you should have as a minimum to make MoM Work.

When that is said i went RF around 55, after reading the advice in this post. I had the saffels, but i missed some regent that the adviced neck and belt fixed. Also i had taken some nodes in the tree to late or early, but even tho i messed up i had a somewhat smooth leveling prosess.

I'm not a huge fan of Leagues, as i hate starting from the bottom, but when your build comes togheter and you beging getting to the later levels Things becomes quiete fun with RF.
Updated and added skill tree progression and other general stuff !

"
What i failed to understand as im a bit of a noob is that for MoM to Work properly you need to have the right Life/Mana ratio.

Don't forget energy shield also adds degen, use path of builder to see if your current gear can run RF.
Rally'ing cry helps a lot to sustain the mana degen !

It takes 10 seconds to import your gear and after that just puzzle with adding gear/skillpoints untill you can run RF or when you can afford a rise of the phoenix

"
hi, was wondering if theres any uniqs that would make lvling this easier. also if it isnt to much to ask for, can you do a lvling tree section?

Done !
ign: ropefly
Last edited by ropefly on Aug 8, 2017, 9:50:07 AM
Does this build have any leech outside of eventual doryani's or the possible boots enchant? Or do you exclusively on life regen?
"
Foreverbr0ke wrote:
Does this build have any leech outside of eventual doryani's or the possible boots enchant? Or do you exclusively on life regen?

The leech from doryani's doesn't work on Degen skills like RF and SR.
So we do not unfortunately but it's not really required in the first place.

- We get 6% Mana/ES regen on conc ground effect (30% on kill/hit lasting for 8 seconds) this + rallying cry regens your MoM pool superfast which gives us more EHP + 4% life regen as well
- Using a ruby flask greatly increases your life regen for the time being

Some sort of leech would be nice I guess but we have great mobility and regen + fortify
We should be hard to kill unless we make mistakes
ign: ropefly
I play this build and I am able to hold RF with RotF, but I don't have enough mana regen to cast other spells so I end up just running around with RF active burning everything. How can I improve my mana regen to handle the drain? My life regen is high enough that I don't lose any HP.
"
Hlaford wrote:
I play this build and I am able to hold RF with RotF, but I don't have enough mana regen to cast other spells so I end up just running around with RF active burning everything. How can I improve my mana regen to handle the drain? My life regen is high enough that I don't lose any HP.

If you have all the mana regen nodes on the tree then your mana regen should be fine, even if you are not on a consecrated ground. you should have about 20 net mana regen.
I do recommend Atziri's Foible, which has insane mana regen, max mana, and flat mana. According to pob, Atziri's Foilble gives me 300ehp and 137 net mana regen.
I dont know what i did wrong but it was easy act 1-6ish but i died over 50 times in act 7-10 i had 2.3k hp+mom+5% hp regen and 120% mana regen and max resists, yet every mob one-shotted me

Currently i have 87% fire res and 75 of all the others including chaos, 5.5k hp and 2.2k total mana (1.2k unreserved), 850 life regen per second and 200 mana per second and 40% phys reduction. I still die to trash mobs fairly regularily
Last edited by Asscenssion on Aug 8, 2017, 11:48:21 PM
A few questions from someone looking to play this build:

Is the Deep Wisdom node worth it?
+30 mana boils down to 67.5 mana with modifiers
And i understood that ES is to be avoided, since it ups damage of RF, but doesnt synergize with life regen.

How important are the increased duration nodes?
I see Orb of storms, Arcane surge, rallying cry and burn stacks of Scorching ray benefiting.
In case of the first 3, you can basically cast them 30% less often, and with scorching ray, the stacks last longer. Is that worth 3 passive points?
Newbie here coming in with a question regarding auras.
I don't see any mentioned in this thread and also in the PoB-Pastebin, there are no auras.

Is this an oversight?
Mirror of Kalandra count: 0
"
Bragisdottir wrote:

There are no auras

This build uses Mind over Matter combined with a large mana pool for extra survivability.
As such, reserving mana is something to be avoided.

Exceptions on this are:
-Clarity: Mana regen for the price of a fixed value mana reservation
-Purity of fire in an Essence worm ring.

I'm not sure if it is worthwhile running Purity of fire without Essence worm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info