Charged Dash

Seems very few of us are even trying to make use of the cast on channel aspect.

Glacial cascade, blade vortex, and bladefall, all mechanically are interesting.

If there were some way the 100% more damage, could apply to the spells cast by charged dash on channel, THAT would be fun, and useful. A generic global 100% more, would of course be OP for vaal fireball, etc. But, if just the CoC spells, it would be very interesting to play.
Skill gem level progress is a bit weird. Did Q/A see that gem?
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Use this skill and Lightning Warp to combine them in a more complicated manner -

- If Charged Dash finishes first, your character will charge to the Charged Dash destination, and then teleport to the Lightning Wrap destination(which is normal)

- If Lightning Warp finishes first, your character will teleport to the Lightning Warp destination, and then charge to the Charged Dash destination, but the damage path is calculated from the Charged Dash starting point(which is strange)

The second case may prove to have some usefulness in evading damage in some boss fights(?)
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
Sadly Charged Dash can't be used carrying the Karui Spirit in Haku Missions. Currently I'm using CWC Charged Dash and Ball Lightning as main skill and it's awfull always running back picking up the Spirit.
As Charged Dash is meant as damaging skill and not only as movement skill like Lightning Warp, Leap Slam etc. I would like to see the same behaviour as Cyclone.
Charged Dash definitely lacking in boss fights. 60 units is too far for single target as you end up wasting several explosions, and short dashes don't benefit from charging up. It's also a very difficult to play correctly compared to other skills, as it is very easy to lose track of your ghost and aim poorly in the heat of combat. The damage isn't great either, especially considering the risk and difficulty.

My recommendation is to lower the max distance to about 45 but keep the current number of attacks per charge. This would cause additional overlap to punch up the damage, lower the risk, and tighten up the controls.
I'm running a Charged Dash Raider, with Rippling Thoughts/Hyaon's Fury dual wield. Storm Cascade triggers basically every time you start to channel (1 sec cooldown) and benefits from frenzy, Hyaon's, and the Harbinger minion for a decent chunk of free damage in fights.

The build is very enjoyable and extremely fast at clearing trash but as people have indicated, it struggles to damage bosses. However, the fact that many bosses "lock on" with their attacks means you have higher survivability since you can easily kite telegraphed attacks.

My one biggest issue with it (aside from the weird leveling which patch 3.0.1 is fixing) is that you cannot channel Charged Dash while in a bear trap. This is very unusual since every other movement skill can be used in a trap.
"
daywalkernc wrote:
My one biggest issue with it (aside from the weird leveling which patch 3.0.1 is fixing) is that you cannot channel Charged Dash while in a bear trap. This is very unusual since every other movement skill can be used in a trap.

All movement Skills that rely on Movespeed are disabled by Bear Trap tmk, including Warp and Shield Charge? Hm.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 17, 2017, 2:54:14 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
daywalkernc wrote:

All movement Skills that rely on Movespeed are disabled by Bear Trap tmk, including Warp and Shield Charge? Hm.

Oh, they are? I was going by Flame Dash and Whirling Blades, both of which aren't. If that's the case, it should probably be clarified somewhere which skills interact with Bear Trap and which don't.
Is Charged Dash intended to work while unarmed? I would assume so, since there is nothing in skill description that would suggest otherwise, yet it does not work. Would be a really interesting skill to try out with something like Doryani's Fist.
This is my biggest concern right now...
Playing a Trickster with 100% mana reserved, and couldn't do anything against Bear Trap. Usually, with melee attack, you could still attack in melee range and survive with the leech. But here, nothing...
Well, it's the same with cyclone... so it's not specific to Charged Dash, but I don't know what to use now, with a Trickster with 0 mana...
Guide français : http://sites.google.com/view/poefr/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info