Charged Dash

Charged dash calculator and visualizer. (we should have posted this in the first place.)
As far as I can tell, this is pretty accurate.
Enter in your move speed, attack per second. and inc aoe.

https://www.desmos.com/calculator/cmnwc3vaky

note, the calc does not factor in short channels.
Last edited by Casia on Aug 9, 2017, 7:34:53 AM
Tried this skill for the whole act3 run, Here's some feedback -

- The damage cone ahead of this skill is so small if not non-existent, making distance calculation a little bit awkward and counter-intuitive. So many times I stopped just before a skeleton without doing any damage...

- Again, movement speed is counter-intuitive with this skill. Increased movement speed is translated into increased channeling speed and finally more APS without any DPS benefits. I suggest considering movement speed another bonus factor of this skill. That is, movement speed is translated into channeling speed WITHOUT DPS penalties. As a cost, it may have an explicit movement speed increase multiplier like 0.5.

- To encourage longer channeling, the 100% more damage should be given linearly(or exponentially) on channeling distance rather than a fixed giving on maximum distance.
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
CTRL + F "Unarmed" #Disappointed

This skill makes zero mention of having to have a weapon and thematically, it doesn't seem to be attached to needing a weapon like a "blade"/"smash"/"strike" themed attack. Shield charge can be used while unarmed and I was very disappointed to find that this skill could not be. Seems like it would be the ideal way for a facebreaker/doryani's character to jump a gap and while I've been enjoying it as a primary skill with a 2hander, I was looking forward to trying it unarmed.

I used it twice from 28 to mid 60s and enjoyed it a lot. I'm actually using it on a 2h Juggernaut to farm Merciless lab and finding the damage just fine for izaro and the movement ability of it syncing up pretty well with dodging his attacks while doing damage.

I'll also note that at 100% reduced movement speed (Weight of Sin, Armour, Lioneye's Remorse, Lavianga's Wisdom, ETC) the skill literally cannot be used. Additionally, at 90%+ reduced movement speed, it's hilarious how many stacks you get in the area while like going SSJ, it takes a few episodes to charge up to full power. (had some fun on standard)
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
Last edited by RichMoney on Aug 9, 2017, 2:06:13 PM
I built a character specifically to use this skill (Raider, full lightning conversion). I levelled from 28 to 70 using this skill exclusively.

This skill is bad.

Don't get me wrong, the damage numbers are 'good', it is just the skill is clunky to play mechanically and is severely lacking lateral AOE clear. It's also a bit too mentally draining, especially during a longer play session. You constantly have to be calculating vectors, adjusting the mouse and then recalculating/re-adjusting after the screen shifts.

The lateral AOE could be adjusted by increasing the lateral AOE size, which is an 'easy' fix. Or enemies hit during the charge could release perpendicular shockwaves/charged bolts/arcs/etc (like sunder), but that would probably require some serious tuning.

Finally a scaling per level 'more' multiplier to movement speed during channeling (to reduce charge speed) would not be the worst thing and make the skill feel a bit less clunky.

All that said, it was an interesting experience. I'll just never be using the skill again in it's current implementation.
Using the skill at Lv 80 on a Dreamfeather Raider (single wield + shield since i'm poor) and it seems alright for clearing through normal/magic packs. Single target damage is lacking. Using 0.5 sec dashes for single target makes the camera jerk around, running into the same issue i have with Flicker Strike (rapid camera jerking causing eye strain, esp for extended play)

Would be nice to have specific info on breakpoints for APS vs # of attacks dealt
"I know not what gems WW3 will be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with Glacial Hammers and Heavy Strikes."
My experience has been overall positive. Playing Dagger Crit Trickster with MoM (free cast and lots of attack speed). Damage is there. Most yellows die in a single charge as long as the charge passes through them far enough. Bosses I have minimal problems with. Most do some kind of wind up attack at you and I end up teleporting behind them as they fire it off. I do a lot of simultaneous dodging and attacking.
The one thing this skill deperately needs is a "Attacks $count ($countBeforeRounding) times per channel" stat in the calculated tooltip. With how the amount of attacks is determined by two seperate stats in a wholly intransparent fashion I feel like I'm missing a piece of critical information when building for the skill.

"
Ragaman81 wrote:
I had issues against the Ghetto boss's bear trap with a cast while channeling setup - I couldn't channel at all under the effect of debuff.

On a completely unrelated note, could you consider making it possible to use this skill while rescuing the spirit during Haku missions?

Exactly my thoughts.

I love the flavour of it and the visual (sword ♥), and running the Labyrinth with it, but using it as main skill has become tiring.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
"
RichMoney wrote:
CTRL + F "Unarmed" #Disappointed

This skill makes zero mention of having to have a weapon and thematically, it doesn't seem to be attached to needing a weapon like a "blade"/"smash"/"strike" themed attack. Shield charge can be used while unarmed and I was very disappointed to find that this skill could not be. Seems like it would be the ideal way for a facebreaker/doryani's character to jump a gap and while I've been enjoying it as a primary skill with a 2hander, I was looking forward to trying it unarmed.

Agreed, I'm currently attempting a build using the changed Doryani's Fist on a templar inquisitor. Wanted to charged dash into things then bring down the light of divinity on their faces. Unfortunately I'm stuck shield charging everything to get there.
I haven't seen it mentioned here yet but is very important (especially in hardcore.) In certain situations e.g. Grotto map, if you move your mouse a bit too far and it ends up on/behind the wall/object (or outside the map's wall) nothing will happen and you end up standing still which is very deadly in narrow spaces. It would be really nice if the skill would still channel as long as there is space between player and the wall.

Currently I'm very scared of running maps with narrow corridors due to possible deaths. Here is an example of what I'm talking about: https://gfycat.com/UnrulySmoggyAfricanelephant

In overall I kinda enjoy the feeling of Charged Dash but I cannot comprehend why there are no benefits from leveling this gem.
Last edited by Seerax on Aug 12, 2017, 12:08:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info