High Templar Avarius

This boss is broken. Nice idea of mechanics, bad way of execution imo.

"I am the torch." still kills me a lot even if I hide behind a statue because of a glitch or something like that and he almost instantly casts it when he says it and his damage is OP.

I also died quite a lot because of this instant cast after adds phase, when there was no statue to hide behind.
"
Zavillen wrote:

"I am the torch." still kills me a lot even if I hide behind a statue because of a glitch or something like that and he almost instantly casts it when he says it and his damage is OP.

I also died quite a lot because of this instant cast after adds phase, when there was no statue to hide behind.

You just don't play very well.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Zavillen wrote:

Ever tried being useful or helpful in any topics mate?

Is PoE the only place you can feel successful to feed that giant ego of yours, is that why you're trying to be "dominant" in this territory(forums)?

It's really interesting that you're automatically calling someone a bad player for pointing out a boss with weird glitches and an instant cast that gives me no time to hide behind a statue.

If I'm a bad player for saying that, well I might be one.
What should I say git gud classic? No I'm properly telling you that you aren't very good and you should learn too play.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
What should I say git gud classic? No I'm properly telling you that you aren't very good and you should learn too play.

Ahh the classic "git gud". I would expect nothing but stuff like this from you, well given your previous replies in this topic, that's your range I understand.

Anyways, I'm not here to argue with an egomaniac, as I've said before I like the mechanics, but they're glitched and while I would be just cool with this boss with a ranged character, melee just feels unfair when it glitches or he leaves no statue after adds phase and I get insta-killed as soon as I hear "I am the torch."
"
"
Zavillen wrote:

[Removed by Support]

Either way, I haven't noticed any bugs when I did the fight, but it does feel some of the bosses in Acts 5-6 need to be toned down a little. After all, this is supposed to be about the equivalent of Cruel Act 1-2, and Cruel Merveil was easy compared to Innocence (who isn't even the final act boss).

It took me quite a bit of sweat when I have a bit of experience and could handle the entire Cruel difficulty very easily before, so I can imagine that for newer players, it can be a brutal punch in the face (even though I like that the difficulty increase is now more linear, Normal Act 4 was literally harder than Cruel Acts 1-2).

Aberrath is probably worse though, his design is okay, but his damage is retarded. Was caught completely off guard.

tl;dr: I really like the design direction of most of the new bosses (more mechanics and room for player's skills), but someone should look at the numbers.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Oct 3, 2017, 4:09:48 PM
Going to ban me for saying you aren't very good at the game? Good luck.

If you're dying to Averiuus or in general of the story mode your build isn't very good like I don't know why some of you can't accept that.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 2, 2017, 3:53:37 PM
"

If you're dying to Averiuus or in general of the story mode your build isn't very good like I don't know why some of you can't accept that.

Except that I've only said that the boss is GLITCHY.
He's glitching.
His skills are sometimes passing through the statues.
I can't really follow the mechanics through sounds when he almost instantly casts it as he starts to speak and it mostly insta-kills me (or it gets really close to it).
Let's say that I've easily passed that boss somehow without dying with no problems at all.
It is still glitching.
Do I really need to make it even more clear?

And tbh, you may not get banned for saying something like that. But I believe you should get banned because you're constantly checking out a topic to insult/humiliate/(idk the word really) people, with like giving 0 contrubition to it IN "Feedback And Suggestions"

You literally called me a bad player and I should "git gud"(lmao) out of nowhere just because I've said that his skills are glitching and boss could be toned town a bit.
Me and some other players gave FEEDBACK/SUGGESTION. It's the whole point of this part of the forums and you're constantly skill-shaming people for giving fb, don't know what is more sad, the fact that you're satistfying yourself with toxic comments or that you're actually spending your time on that.

Anyways, good luck with that attitude.
Last edited by Zavillen on Oct 2, 2017, 4:31:26 PM
"

No, for writing [Removed by Support] posts that not only contribute nothing to the thread, but also have nothing to do with his post which was about the fight being bugged.

[Removed by Support]

Won't reply to your trolling anymore, would be nice to have some more actual input on this thread though. Not enough constructive discussion on the new bosses around, and it's too important to fly under the radar as the new difficulty curve can change a lot for newer players.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Oct 3, 2017, 4:11:13 PM
He wouldn't be so bad if he did not have a shield you have to take down first. Take too long and it regenerates and this guy hardly lets his guard down at all.

Edit - Is it possible to fight him again in act 5 after defeating him?
Last edited by blackcloudyday on Jan 2, 2018, 8:15:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info