High Templar Avarius

I killed him without any knowledge of what he does (first time I saw it) with a sunder berserker. No death. It's an attention for mechanics check.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."

Is it a bug of does Avarius/Innocence disable all your skills?

I had to kill him with just weapons damage and nothing else. It was horrible. I couldn't use any skills at all on my warrior.
I had absolutely no trouble on any boss up until this one. All my skills became disabled and when your weapon only does about 88 damage to 110 it's a painful slow deadly business.
I could just suck and I don't need you to tell me that. Please just let me know if that fight was bugged or not because I see people talking about fighting him as different builds and my experience was; build didn't bloody matter, all you got was your weapon and the need to run like a bunny get a hit in and hope to escape again before you died.
He was fine as melee too, just listen to what he says. You don't even need the statues to dodge his expanding rings of lightning balls if you're on the other side of the room since they spread out.

Only fought him twice yet but curiously had no problem running away from his beam as Marauder with +10%ms boots, no quicksilver used. hm.. Maybe it's harder if you're too far from him since you can't circle him so easily?

E: @Glittergold - seems like that only happened to you, disabling skills is not anything he does... did you maybe weapon swap accidentaly so the skills on your weapon disappeared?
Last edited by Antaiseito on Aug 16, 2017, 9:24:33 AM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
I think all of the new bosses are tuned really well. I had no real problems with any of them. Some were challenging, or took a minute to figure out what to do. I will be very disappointed if any of the new bosses have their damage or life or whatever nerfed.

I agree with this 100%. Had no trouble with any of the new story bosses across three characters in hc. Even final form kitava seems to be in a good place.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
I did it as Melee.

Had to hide behind the statues during Beam and Bullet-hell phases though!
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Even hiding behind the statues I kept getting hit (and killed) by the balls. Was really frustrating.

I think I died about 8 times fighting this guy with a level 50 Ranger. Perhaps my stats/equipment is insufficient (1369hp, 1627dps, about 1/3 physical, 1/3 cold, 1/3 lightning).

What energy type are the balls? My resistances are 51% fire, 25% cold, 58% lightning.
They were what killed me most of the time, even behind the statues.
Last edited by Gauss_Death on Sep 22, 2017, 6:43:23 PM
Did it as Melee!

EDIT: Forgot i had replied to this earlier!
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Sep 22, 2017, 7:23:23 PM
I used essence drain, I guess I have to play it as melee, but if I managed with Izaro, Malachai and Dominus, I should be able to do this.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Newish to PoE (first real league). Cleared 37/40 challenges on a CI build. I think I only ever got put in my place in two situation:

1. Final Kitava (I couldn't be arsed to properly gear for it so i suicide bombed him)
2. Minotaur (ED makes this a very...very long fight)

I overcame both and now have no issues with either. Pretty much everything I've seen in the game capable of destroying you instantly gives you immense warning and telegraphing. The most mechanically challenging maneuver amounts to "step to the right two paces", or pick up a movement skill and manually dodge anything you want for free without thinking. My second character is BV and I haven't had any issues dodging even with that delay spell echo puts on you at first.

What I learned:
- If you can't avoid an attack, you endure it.
- If you can't endure an attack, you check the survivability on your gear/tree.
- If you still can't endure it, maybe you can avoid it after all? Either that or mistakes were made.

Face tanking is super dumb and boring to me as a general rule (opinion alert!). Obviously if you enjoy just sitting back and holding a button down for awhile and calling it entertainment, then more power to you. Everyone has an opinion and they all suck (including mine)!

Anyways, rant over. You can all go back to your regularly scheduled posts from people who have a lot more experience in PoE than I :)
"Life is weighted dice. You have some control over the outcome, but you'll never win if you don't roll."
Last edited by Frosthaven83 on Sep 22, 2017, 7:34:45 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Even I find him fairly easy now. His damage was greatly reduced during testing and again at least once in the beta. His voicework is excellent telegraphing.

Maybe I'm benefiting from facing a voiceless, overtuned Avaricence, but I quite like where he is now.

And OP, while you might not like how I_NO types, she knows what she's talking about. That '40' didn't just fall out of the sky. 'Try-hard' isn't really an insult when trying hard results in success.

Damage greatly reduced? SHEESH. This guy insta-kills me if I get hit even a little bit. How can the damage be much higher?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info