Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

High Templar Avarius

He was easier than the boss in the lightning room in act 9. That General auis or whatever is the true melee nightmare, when he has 5 pulse EQ and a discharge, in a room full of lightning beams. And the room is so schmall u have no space to dodge all his shit. I play a Charge dash slayer so at the very least I dodge some shit with that skill. Can't imagine Cyclone or something similar.

Otherwise I think its gonna be a fucking rip fest for melee HC from Act 5 onward.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
"
Easiest boss of my life but it's just pure mechanics nothing special like for some unknown reason 99% of this community loves to eat his bullet dance and panics.

They're like THE ES IS OPPP AHHHH no it's a joke aite? Quit being bad and fuck him up.

This, if you honestly find him hard and you're scared of dying maybe HC isn't for you. Really sick of people who complain of difficulty the game is suppose to be a bit hard, what the hell is the point in playing if everyone steam rolls everything.
I am doing lightning tendrils and i am sure everyone knows the range on that skill, went in blind vs Avarius meaning i didn't know anything about the encounter and only died 1 time what are you complaining about?

The game during leveling is stupid easy just look at dansgaming and lirik they didn't have any difficulty at all and they are 100% new.
"
innervation wrote:
Fight it as a ranged character sometime, you'll think it's fine. I thought it was bullshit when I leveled in the beta as cyclone (same with spider and crab). I played storm burst this time and it was a total joke. The problem is the melee-ranged disparity, not the tuning of the damage.

The crab, really? That fight forces you to be in melee range anyway. There is no difference engaging the boss in melee or ranged, because with both the distance between you and the boss will be so close, it'll look like you are trying to give Nessa a tounge-kiss.

Spoiler
As in, you trying to stick your head into its belly, because thats where nessa also currently resides.

The only fights i found exeedingly hard with melee was the last boss because i couldnt for the life of me see the telegraphed moves (brownish glow on a brounish background, mmkay.), and that one laser grid boss.
I think all of the new bosses are tuned really well. I had no real problems with any of them. Some were challenging, or took a minute to figure out what to do. I will be very disappointed if any of the new bosses have their damage or life or whatever nerfed.
U MAD?
"
LaurelWreaths wrote:
For ranged at least. For melee, in 3.0 that`s just being naive.

I agree but melee is just as much as part of the game as anything else so it needs to be balanced in. The last three bosses I have fought have either been really hard or have taken excessively long. Like running around for 20 seconds to land a few hits.
Last edited by Dezus on Aug 7, 2017, 1:05:44 AM
The OP is correct this is almost exactly like Malachai was. I don't really care how special the rest of you THINK you are. Ego means nothing to me ...

Sometimes there aren't even statues up when he beams ... and ... I can go on ... but what's the point ...
"
Psykore wrote:
The OP is correct this is almost exactly like Malachai was. I don't really care how special the rest of you THINK you are. Ego means nothing to me ...

Sometimes there aren't even statues up when he beams ... and ... I can go on ... but what's the point ...

Eho? It was an easy boss dude the fuck lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
killed boss with no deaths. very easy fight
I did him fine, both on my melee and ranged.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info