Frequent and consistent lag spikes

I'm having the same issue on the Texas server. Just started today. Well, I didn't play monday or tuesday but this weekend was fine. I'm kind of surprised to see this has been ignored. Granted I haven't played in a couple years but GGG was never one to simply ignore something back when I did.
"
xenogias wrote:
GGG was never one to simply ignore something back when I did.

Well, welcome to the new GGG. This, and increasing performance issues, is something that is now consistently ignored by GGG.

The latest email from their tech support telling me that they were "too busy" to look into my problem only further concerns me.
"
Bhaladas wrote:
"
xenogias wrote:

Well, welcome to the new GGG. This, and increasing performance issues, is something that is now consistently ignored by GGG.

The latest email from their tech support telling me that they were "too busy" to look into my problem only further concerns me.

Alternate theory: it isn't a vast conspiracy, but rather that GGG have attracted more players.

More players means more people with janky ISP connections and broken computers writing support, asking for help because it definitely isn't their stuff that is broken. Given the content of the support forums here, and the amount of "no, I know it isn't X, I know it is the servers", probably arguing with support, too, that they are at fault and refusing to try and diagnose the problem.

"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
Bhaladas wrote:
"
xenogias wrote:

Alternate theory: it isn't a vast conspiracy, but rather that GGG have attracted more players.

More players means more people with janky ISP connections and broken computers writing support, asking for help because it definitely isn't their stuff that is broken. Given the content of the support forums here, and the amount of "no, I know it isn't X, I know it is the servers", probably arguing with support, too, that they are at fault and refusing to try and diagnose the problem.

Or not.

I have the same computer I had when I started POE. Sure, there have been things added to the game that impact performance, but now the game I could run on full settings at 1080p with 60fps with a screen full of mob's now tanks to 20 fps or less on the same maps with the same skills used and the same amount of mobs. To me that indicates poor optimization as this same machine can run Doom at medium on 1080p at a steady 30fps and Pillars of Eternity at full 1080p at 60fps and Dota 2 at full 1080p, at 60fps, as well as many other more demanding games at similar settings.

Also re: latency. I did all the tests, called my ISP, arranged a static IP address, added firewall exclusions, close background tasks and downloads and still POE and ONLY POE has issues with latency that is fixed by reloading the SAME area. So yes, some things are user side, but also yes, some things are issues that GGG are simply dragging their feet on.
Last edited by Bhaladas on Dec 20, 2017, 1:53:48 PM
I am having the same issue. I was fine in 3.0, but since 3.1 constant latency spikes every 10 seconds. After using ping plotter I have noticed the problem is mainly at 3 servers ending in "networklayer"

50.97.17.154 ae5.cbs01.tl01.atl01.networklayer.com
50.97.17.164 ae5.cbs01.eq01.wdc02.networklayer.com
169.45.18.227 ae0.dar03.wdc04.networklayer.com

Please fix this GGG, I am begging you. I have spent hundreds on your ftp game. I even bought the new fancy map tab and cant even play. Do I need to buy more MTX? Let me know what I have to do for you to listen to me and all of these prior posts.
So i was having the same problem consistent lag spike of upto 300ms, if any of you are running chrome in the background or a second monitor make sure you have "Use hardware acceleration when available" turned off. Click on the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings > Scroll down to "System" > Uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available".

Hope this helps some of you because it was infuriating for me.
"
Ezpied wrote:
I am having the same issue. I was fine in 3.0, but since 3.1 constant latency spikes every 10 seconds. After using ping plotter I have noticed the problem is mainly at 3 servers ending in "networklayer"

50.97.17.154 ae5.cbs01.tl01.atl01.networklayer.com
50.97.17.164 ae5.cbs01.eq01.wdc02.networklayer.com
169.45.18.227 ae0.dar03.wdc04.networklayer.com

Please fix this GGG, I am begging you. I have spent hundreds on your ftp game. I even bought the new fancy map tab and cant even play. Do I need to buy more MTX? Let me know what I have to do for you to listen to me and all of these prior posts.

You should email this to GGG tech support, and include the full WinMTR traces. It might also be worth talking to your own ISP tech support, since neither GGG or your ISP directly deal with NetworkLayer - but both can maybe try and get in touch with their network people and ask them to fix it.

Do include the full traces, as well as conclusions, because both groups can then forward that supporting evidence on to the support people at NetworkLayer, instead of getting asked for it. :)
Bump, Same thing happening to me consistent spikes up to 1.7k ms
This problem has been plaguing me for some weeks now as well. It tends to start in the evening and doesn't go away (until I log on sometime the next day). When the game is in the background the latency sits comfortably at 20-30 ms, but when I start inputting actions I get consistent and frequent lag spikes from 300-1500 ms lasting anywhere from 1-10 seconds.

My internet is working just fine, I'm on a wired connection, and no other programs or games show any similar symptoms.
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I really enjoy it. Im running i7 processor with 32 gigs ram and awesome everything. Trying to do lab boss is impossible though because every magic spell he does causes a loss of 1-2 seconds of time and I end up dead. I turned all my settings to low and whatnot, but that hasnt helped at all.

GGG: you NEED to fix this. I feel like labs are a big part of the game, and if I work 30mins to not die in order to face this boss, and then die because of lag, it is a waste of my time. And from the posts I see here, it is mainly your fault. If you want to keep your customers and get new ones, fix issues like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info