Constant disconnects when loading zones

The Path of Constant Disconnections and Laggy Instances!

Enjoy cause this IS THE WAY IT WILL BE ALWAYS.
I didn't have any disco or laggy play before 3.0 These problems just started yesterday afternoon for me. *shrug*
"
Skatesrage wrote:
So, I have a 100% fix, at least for me.

I have to change the name of the folder PoE is installed to (this is very tedious when installed via steam) and then the game works fine without any "unexpected disconnection" 99% of the time.

I have to do this EVERY SINGLE TIME THE GAME GETS PATCHED

This is absolutely outrageous GGG.

Which file name do you change? steamapps/common/Path of Exile? Mine doesn't recognize it and tries to redownload the whole game, which is what fixed it for me last patch but I refuse to download the game everytime they patch.
"
IbullletI wrote:
Which file name do you change? steamapps/common/Path of Exile? Mine doesn't recognize it and tries to redownload the whole game, which is what fixed it for me last patch but I refuse to download the game everytime they patch.

So, the way I do this, you have to have a second drive (or partition) and add a second library from Steam Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders

Then, you right click on Path of Exile > Properties > Local Files > Move Install Folder

Now the game should work without disconnects UNTIL THE NEXT TIME A PATCH COMES OUT.

Now things get annoying. First you need to move the game back to the original drive, THEN you need to delete the second library you created and recreate it with a different folder name. THEN you need to move poe to this new folder.

Basically, moving poe to a folder with a different name each time seems to be the only legitimate fix. This is the only thing that's worked reliably for me over the last 3 patches.
And it broke again. The game is unplayable and it doesn't even close properly.

I'm done.
Again I am happy so many people on this thread have resolved their problems with the game. I, alas, have not.

Lag today was somewhat better, at least playable. The game disconnected all the way to desktop 4 times, froze twice requiring me to shut off poe and crashed to game login 22 times in 5 hours of playing.

One of my friends asked me today if I could recommend a new game for him. I suggested Grim Dawn.
"
Skatesrage wrote:

Didn't work for me, but thank you for sharing.
Last edited by IbullletI on Aug 31, 2017, 4:47:36 PM
Issue persists
I have the same problem, any time I enter the ruined square I get disconneted. It does not matter which Server I am using (Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Milan), I am always disconneted.
I am on xbox one so only people who can fix this is GGG so how about you do you're jobs a game that is all about loading screens to have a problems d/c on loading screen should be number on the list to fix the whole is loading into new zones how is this not fixed after days and days. CAN I SAY CLEARLY THIS GAMES FUNDAMENTAL FEATURE IS LOADING INTO MAPS AND IS NOT LETTING PEOPLE DO THIS IT IS DISGRACEFUL HOW YOU ARE HANDLING THIS.

ps being from xbox one i doubt you even care,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info