[3.0] Self-Cast Dark Pact Occultist - over 3mil Shaper DPS

"
IANF1 wrote:
what if you used MoM in conjunction with the covenant? You wouldn't need mana to use your spell anymore so you could just reserve what you need for your auras then the rest is extra health.

This is true, however, only really doable if you don't run a tri-curse setup as the unreserved mana will be so miniscule it won't be worth it.
Nostrademous
"
Nostrademous wrote:
"
If you need help testing anything I have a rather decently geared dp toon on hsc and I don't mind helping out. Mine is built a little differently to yours though, but the gear I use should be comparable for trying stuff out.

Having tried a 6L Covenant I didn't really like it, you lose quite a bit of damage by not having a level 20 added chaos damage, switched back to my Carcass shortly after. Although, it was nice having a life leech in my gems setup.

You don't have to put a Life Leech in a 6-link Covenant, it's just an option if you want to run hexproof maps or have an easier time on guardians/shaper.

PoB shows me that DPS on a 6-Link Covenant is better than Carcass Jack 6-link by:
500k DPS with: Dark Pact + Conc Eff + Spell Echo + Cont Dest + Void Mani + Empower Lvl 3 (red socket you can swap in Life Leech for on hexproof maps, guardians & shaper)

1mil DPS with: Dark Pact + Conc Eff + Spell Echo + Cont Dest + Void Mani + Inc Crit Strikes

Would you mind posting the PoB link you are working with atm? I am curious. I suspect your result might be because of the area damage on jewels and if you assume it isn't there (which is a reasonable assumption for 3 damage mod jewels) you may get a different result.
Would like to point out that the title is very clickbait heavy.

The PoB links all use level 100 characters, +1 corrupted chest, +1 curse amulet, 20 wither stacks and a grand total of six jewels that would cost you 10-15ex EACH.
On top of that, the config page still considers shock a 50% damage increase when vinktars only applies a 10% damage boost.

Surely Dark Pact is an amazing skill and i have no doubt that it is able to take down the likes of shaper - if antyhing i'm greatly enjoying the skill myself as well - but the PoB build leaves a lot to be desired.

Scaling everything down to a reasonable (yet still high budget) size, we're seeing 1.7m damage at 10 wither stacks which might be impressive if it weren't for the fact that the build has issues breaking 4.8k life at this point.

https://pastebin.com/79CKtmbU
"
"
Nostrademous wrote:
"
If you need help testing anything I have a rather decently geared dp toon on hsc and I don't mind helping out. Mine is built a little differently to yours though, but the gear I use should be comparable for trying stuff out.

Having tried a 6L Covenant I didn't really like it, you lose quite a bit of damage by not having a level 20 added chaos damage, switched back to my Carcass shortly after. Although, it was nice having a life leech in my gems setup.

You don't have to put a Life Leech in a 6-link Covenant, it's just an option if you want to run hexproof maps or have an easier time on guardians/shaper.

PoB shows me that DPS on a 6-Link Covenant is better than Carcass Jack 6-link by:
500k DPS with: Dark Pact + Conc Eff + Spell Echo + Cont Dest + Void Mani + Empower Lvl 3 (red socket you can swap in Life Leech for on hexproof maps, guardians & shaper)

1mil DPS with: Dark Pact + Conc Eff + Spell Echo + Cont Dest + Void Mani + Inc Crit Strikes

Would you mind posting the PoB link you are working with atm? I am curious. I suspect your result might be because of the area damage on jewels and if you assume it isn't there (which is a reasonable assumption for 3 damage mod jewels) you may get a different result.

PoB with Covenant and Inc Crit Strike 6th link
PoB with Carcass Jack and Chaos Dmg 6th link

Everything else being exactly the same

Nostrademous
"
Nostrademous wrote:
"
"
Nostrademous wrote:

PoB with Covenant and Inc Crit Strike 6th link
PoB with Carcass Jack and Chaos Dmg 6th link

Everything else being exactly the same

Yeah even after removing the 1 jewel mod carcass still loses, all I really wanted to check:

Life leech Covenant
Added Chaos Carcass

I might give covenant another try but it will require changing up my build, since with what I am playing around with atm (my actual gear and not theory gear) when I switch between the 2 my PoB dps goes down and the same occurs in game. Have you tried switching the 2 with your actual setup and not your theory setup and checked the performance difference?
Last edited by EternitiesEdge on Aug 18, 2017, 11:54:55 AM
"
Ponyta wrote:

The PoB links all use level 100 characters, +1 corrupted chest, +1 curse amulet, 20 wither stacks and a grand total of six jewels that would cost you 10-15ex EACH.
On top of that, the config page still considers shock a 50% damage increase when vinktars only applies a 10% damage boost.

Surely Dark Pact is an amazing skill and i have no doubt that it is able to take down the likes of shaper - if antyhing i'm greatly enjoying the skill myself as well - but the PoB build leaves a lot to be desired.

Scaling everything down to a reasonable (yet still high budget) size, we're seeing 1.7m damage at 10 wither stacks which might be impressive if it weren't for the fact that the build has issues breaking 4.8k life at this point.

Okay, maybe it is a bit click-baity, but it's meant to show and indicate how much it can scale into the end game. I'm level 88 right now and this is my gear/passives on PoB

Here are the facts (from my actual experience playing):

* I am level 88

* I am using a 5-link Covenant (35 chaos - I guess not-budget, but not expensive)

* My most expensive gear was a single Void Battery I bought for 125 chaos.

* I still haven't found the last ascendancy trial so only 6/8 on ascendancy points. Once I do I can replace my amulet for a life + crit multiplier one and go up in health & dps. Alternatively I was going to experiment and play with tri-curse and possibly get Poacher's Mark so I get Frenzy charges and my DPS goes more up.

* I have 4,890 health (easily can go up - I'm planning on getting 3 more jewel slots in next 5 passive points - if I use a similar Jewel to the Spirit Shine my Health would be 5,478 - so your statement of "has issues breaking 4.8k life" is not true. I strongly suggest people maximize life through Jewels, it's in my OP. We don't lack DPS)

* My DPS is 953,660 (with avg hit of 126,816.6 and cast rate of 7.52). Per hit I leech 9,441 health on average (obviously more on crit, less on non-crit) - so on avg. I heal to full health no matter how much damage I took, providing I wasn't 1-shot. This is without any flasks being active; however it does include Vaal Haste and Vaal Lightning Trap (which is what I use for Shock, not Vinktars - if PoB calculates it wrong I can't help it, but honestly DPS is not a problem and Lightning Trap is 15% dmg). On map bosses Diamond Flask will be active, bringing me to 168,554 average hit (or 1,267,531 dps) for 5.6 - 6.6 seconds (depending on quality of my flask). Plenty enough to kill a boss or get it into next stage so far (haven't done guardians yet, haven't done shaper, haven't done uber atziri, haven't done uber Izaro).

* I am stun-immune (thanks to Kaom's Roots)

* I have 1,657 ES (which isn't much, but isn't 0)

* Tier 12 maps and lower are a joke. I mean, I can die if I fall asleep, but as long as I'm hitting things I won't die. Tier 13 - 15 are easily doable but require more attention and you can get 1-shot depending on map rolls and reaction speed. For bosses you might need the occasional portal to refill flasks (mainly Atziri's Promise and Diamond Flask - for bosses that are curse immune).

I mean - here is my T14 Maze run from when I was level 87 - how easy is that. I apologize for how dark that map was... I forget what mods it rolled by something made it really dark (I think light radius based on ES or something).

So yes, the title might be more end-game-ish then some will get to, but it isn't out of this world. My current level 100 max build is actually ~8 mil DPS on Shaper with everything popped and BiS gear (the PoB link was provided in the previous post above)
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Aug 18, 2017, 12:12:44 PM
"
Nostrademous wrote:
"
Ponyta wrote:

Okay, maybe it is a bit click-baity, but it's meant to show and indicate how much it can scale into the end game. I'm level 88 right now and this is my gear/passives on PoB

Here are the facts (from my actual experience playing):

* I am level 88

* I am using a 5-link Covenant (35 chaos - I guess not-budget, but not expensive)

* My most expensive gear was a single Void Battery I bought for 125 chaos.

* I still haven't found the last ascendancy trial so only 6/8 on ascendancy points. Once I do I can replace my amulet for a life + crit multiplier one and go up in health & dps. Alternatively I was going to experiment and play with tri-curse and possibly get Poacher's Mark so I get Frenzy charges and my DPS goes more up.

* I have 4,890 health (easily can go up - I'm planning on getting 3 more jewel slots in next 5 passive points - if I use a similar Jewel to the Spirit Shine my Health would be 5,478 - so your statement of "has issues breaking 4.8k life" is not true. I strongly suggest people maximize life through Jewels, it's in my OP. We don't lack DPS)

* My DPS is 953,660 (with avg hit of 126,816.6 and cast rate of 7.52). Per hit I leech 9,441 health on average (obviously more on crit, less on non-crit) - so on avg. I heal to full health no matter how much damage I took, providing I wasn't 1-shot. This is without any flasks being active; however it does include Vaal Haste and Vaal Lightning Trap (which is what I use for Shock, not Vinktars - if PoB calculates it wrong I can't help it, but honestly DPS is not a problem and Lightning Trap is 15% dmg). On map bosses Diamond Flask will be active, bringing me to 168,554 average hit (or 1,267,531 dps) for 5.6 - 6.6 seconds (depending on quality of my flask). Plenty enough to kill a boss or get it into next stage so far (haven't done guardians yet, haven't done shaper, haven't done uber atziri, haven't done uber Izaro).

* I am stun-immune (thanks to Kaom's Roots)

* I have 1,657 ES (which isn't much, but isn't 0)

* Tier 12 maps and lower are a joke. I mean, I can die if I fall asleep, but as long as I'm hitting things I won't die. Tier 13 - 15 are easily doable but require more attention and you can get 1-shot depending on map rolls and reaction speed. For bosses you might need the occasional portal to refill flasks (mainly Atziri's Promise and Diamond Flask - for bosses that are curse immune).

I mean - here is my T14 Maze run from when I was level 87 - how easy is that. I apologize for how dark that map was... I forget what mods it rolled by something made it really dark (I think light radius based on ES or something).

So yes, the title might be more end-game-ish then some will get to, but it isn't out of this world. My current level 100 max build is actually ~8 mil DPS on Shaper with everything popped and BiS gear (the PoB link was provided in the previous post above)

If you are curious, this is what I am running around with atm:

Current Build

Forr bosses I use Spell Echo for trash I switch it for increased crit damage. The reason I do that is because on trash, all monsters die in a single hit (blues included)and the 2nd hit from spell echo just removes 6% hp for no extra damage.

Yeah, I know its not heavily optimized or anything but it works, I have cleared guardians with it although haven't tried shaper yet. 1 thing I do highly recommend for your build is you get a jewel with cannot be silenced as a corruption, its something really irritating to die to.
Uh, i'm pretty sure that i missing something important there, because my dps is like 10 times lesser than yours, (35k on tooltip in ho with conc effect, and 500k in poebuilder against shaper with only 8 power charges active).
I understand that my gear is kinda trashy atm, not all of my gems are 20-20 and my rares are bad, but i guess that it is not really far from your gear (no offense, lol).
Anyway, could you give me advice how i can improve my dps and where i should move on?
https://pastebin.com/3d56pcyr
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/dholly/characters
Last edited by dholly on Aug 18, 2017, 8:18:29 PM
Hello.

Nice build ! Can you explain why don't you use blaspemy+WM ?
"
djellabah wrote:
Hello.

Nice build ! Can you explain why don't you use blaspemy+WM ?

Blasphemy + WM is a key part of the build (unless you use a life leech gem).

In other words, he DOES use it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info