[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Daydreaming5 wrote:
Spoiler

Hello. I'm 87 and my life is 5425 with kaom's and average damage (tootip) shows 4187 and Int is 1082
I'm wodering if this is average for this build or low.
I'm looking for gloves and belt but I'm not sure it will boost much damage for now.

ps. Aspect of carnage is not done yet (always died in trap)

1082 Int is way too low. You should not have any rares without high Int on them. It still doesn't explain why your Int is so low though. You probably neglected to use Brute Force/Fertile Mind, or changed the tree in some bad ways. Icestorm damage scales from Int. You need to fix your Int.

Staff with 18% Int shouldn't be hard to find.

Your boots, gloves and rare ring are weak. Need more Int and more life. If you can't buy or craft an Int belt (essence of spite), at least get one with more resists and life.

If you are using the legacy Pyre, drop AoF and CtF, use CD and 3 free skill points.
Spoiler

Thank you for the reply.

Int 1082 is too low? those jewels are what I use and I followed same tree as you explained.
maybe my whole gears are really bad
I'll try to find staff with 18% Int first.. I don't know if I can find other good stuffs

Thank You! :D

is it possible to drop cwc + scorching ? and replace with echo + smth? i don't like this setup :/
"
Chlebo2199 wrote:
is it possible to drop cwc + scorching ? and replace with echo + smth? i don't like this setup :/

Yes (SE + CD), but then you will also need to drop MoM, otherwise you'll run out of mana easily in many fights. This will lower your EHP. And every time you cast Icestorm, you will perform an animation that takes about 1 sec. This will lower your mobility and make the build feel kinda clunky.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Akalamiammiam wrote:
Hi there !
Just hit lvl 87 and got my Kaoms (thanks to a friend) !
I could take some advice on what to upgrade next please :
Spoiler

Thanks !

Clarity?? CWDT - Leap Slam?? I'm not sure what's going on there.

Your gear is OK. Int crafted belt would be a way to upgrade, although it won't be easy to find that much resist (perhaps on rings?). The boots are nice, but you cannot enchant these, so finding enchantable boots would be another idea.

Thought that the flat regen from Clarity could help a bit in case of being swarmed by a lot of mobs (e.g. onslaught map), and it reserve next to nothing. But yeah, might be irrelevant.
Leap Slam is linked to CwDT but not supported by it (not a spell), I only use it for movement convenience (jumping over things).

Enchantable boots are obviously something I would like, but it seems tricky to get good ones without dropping life, int and resists... :(
Same goes for belt..
The thing is, I would like to stay overcapped for EW (109%) without needing Purity auras or swapping gear.. So maybe I should focus on rings first.
"
I actually explained how I did the Trove and the rare essence in a reply to you a few pages ago (fixed link) :)

Beachhead is a group map. Just like Poorjoy's but much better. It's done for max xp, not max loot. Don't bother opening chests unless they are directly in your way or picking up any drops except very good ones. And yes, it takes a lot of patience dealing with asshole Pathfinders/Raiders who run at mega speeds and don't wait for the group, etc. The loot from this map is very different from any other map. It's the shards. Exalted shards drop often enough. And sometimes, very rarely, you get this:

I've seen several drop for the groups on my way to lv 100, including 1 for me.

However, if you don't like grouping, Beachhead is too expensive even when it doesn't crash. Going to lv 100 solo takes a thousand of 'Shaped Whatever' maps, ad nauseum. I would not even consider doing that.

Oh sorry thats my fault. i was not at home as you answer and didnd see that answer. Port map ? thats funny. i will try it. only run 2 or 3 this leagem Most time i run t16 because with this build its really funny. But its a pain to find a update for my gear. Now i made a leather belt and since yesterday i had 2 ! exalted drops in one map i will multimod him. (only 3 ex this leage droped rng is funny sometime).
and why should i go to 100 what is a really pain, when i can do all things with 93 ? I like the drops and hate run brainless through the breachhad maps to come perhaps to 100. I like to chill and thats really fine with this build. sometimes i die because of this but id dosend matter because i dont need xp anymore.
So yes. we have to different playstyles and i hope i can do the 36 that would be fine. If not i can deal with it. Will see what they change next time. I fear they will kill VP and then i see no way to play further this build. But you sailed around the es nerf perhaps you will find then also a way. wouldend be nice if the build dies.
"

and why should i go to 100 what is a really pain, when i can do all things with 93 ? I like the drops and hate run brainless through the breachhad maps to come perhaps to 100. I like to chill and thats really fine with this build. sometimes i die because of this but id dosend matter because i dont need xp anymore.

I've hit the wall at 92 of being able to do everything and have very little motivation to grind for better gear. How why do you keep grinding for drops? Just enjoy the grind?
"
battousaii wrote:
"

I've hit the wall at 92 of being able to do everything and have very little motivation to grind for better gear. How why do you keep grinding for drops? Just enjoy the grind?

When I'm really not in the mood for anything, I just grind Vault maps because they equal to pure exalts due to the divination cards or you could try your luck at Shaped Spider Forest. Both are very good sources of income, although Vault is a more secure way since the cards aren't as rare as, say, "The Doctor".
Ty for the build.
For jewels are cold and fire the same dps.
You know,rare jewels.
Izaros are 20c each >.>

Also,why not level SR the mana cost is still very low,and it squeeze out a few more deeps,considering the build is fire based.
Last edited by Plunderer on Oct 1, 2017, 7:20:48 PM
"
Plunderer wrote:
Ty for the build.
For jewels are cold and fire the same dps.
You know,rare jewels.
Izaros are 20c each >.>

Also,why not level SR the mana cost is still very low,and it squeeze out a few more deeps,considering the build is fire based.

Cold and fire damage mods are the same value. Prices can vary during the league.

SR's own DPS is irrelevant compared to Icestorms. With MoM you can run out of mana in some situations with higher mana cost of SR (especially if you link it with some supports for dps). Regenning/leeching 5 mana per 0.35s is easy. Not so when you need 20 mana per cast while getting your mana constantly drained by damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info