[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

please tell me, is it worth changing to kaom`s ?
"
eugene2009 wrote:

This chest has absolutely nothing for this build. It's worth changing to just about any AR/Es rare with Int and Life, or Kaom's Heart which is BiS.
"
eugene2009 wrote:
Only if you want +700 health for no down side.
sorry, its hard for diablo-player to switch to Poe`s mechanics...

i see great +life and +damage addon, but i loose in armour and evasion
"
eugene2009 wrote:
sorry, its hard for diablo-player to switch to Poe`s mechanics...

i see great +life and +damage addon, but i loose in armour and evasion

The build has enough armour with black sun crest and kaom's heart.

We're not focusing on evasion in this build so the loss in evasion by switching to kaom's heart isn't significant.

Think of the upsides.

much more life
increased fire damage -> more dps
don't have to worry about getting a 6L chest piece

Losing the option to have sockets in your chest piece is a very minor price to pay for such advantages.
Last edited by relitan on Oct 4, 2017, 6:38:56 AM
"
shrunn57 wrote:
"
Sorry mate, I don't think your issues are caused by anything related to this build. SR vs engine multi-threading? Crashing when you enter the last room in the Burning rage trial? I haven't seen or heard of anything like that. All I can recommend is update your video drivers.

The SR problem is widely reported. Turns on and off like a light with the multithreading setting.

The other problem is completely repeatable for me, and occurs on the server side. Only the trial instance is lost. Obviously not driver related. In any case, my drivers are up to date.

What are you doing when it crashes? Causing an instance crash just by entering the room sounds really odd. Are you using some kind of a customized version of the build? Your characters are hidden, but perhaps it's something that you added that was not in the build originally?

I quit playing this build due to these problems, so haven't been back in a while. The crash happens simultaneously for multiple users when reaching the end of that one trial. All players get booted to login screen at the same time. It repeats reliably, so I could not make progress with this build due to this. I gave all details I have to the GGG support staff. I have not played since to try the same trial with other characters, so I don't know if it is this build or just my characters or something else.

I certainly experienced a lot of more minor bugs getting this build to the end game, but this one plus some loss of map bugs made the whole game tough to continue. I may yet try another build in PoE, but I'll have to see that this bug and the scorching ray bug have been fixed to try this build again.

New video: Fun in T16 with Crazy Mods

The league is done, let's have some fun! I used to do this with the CI versions of the build in Standard, wearing godly gear. But the Berserker doesn't need Standard gear, he's flexible and powerful enough to tackle just about anything in a temp league.

VP haters are gonna hate! )))
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 6, 2017, 3:40:17 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
New video: Fun in T16 with Crazy Mods

The league is done, let's have some fun! I used to do this with the CI versions of the build in Standard, wearing godly gear. But the Berserker doesn't need Standard gear, he's flexible and powerful enough to tackle just about anything in a temp league.

VP haters are gonna hate! )))

Got dual Abaxoth at one time during T16 Forge spawning among harbinger packs, it was epic fight, died once just because after putting one down and retreating from flameblast cascade area (no leech=instant death) realized there is another one just beside me :)

Combo shown at T16 Pit map is not the scariest one, imho real danger is 3-4 from 4 combo: poison on hit/immune to curses/faster movement/additional projectiles, this one makes adds real killers, dying in this phase makes map almost impossible to clear (no matter which adds we are dealing to)
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Oct 6, 2017, 5:23:17 AM
Nice guys, I slammed a nice ring which gives me tons of dps. But it's really hard to get a helmet with the correct enchantment...

"
Edeka wrote:
Nice guys, I slammed a nice ring which gives me tons of dps. But it's really hard to get a helmet with the correct enchantment...

Nice ring! Grats.

Helmet enchant is too random. Enfeeble is the best, but AA is pretty good too. If you don't get lucky in your 100 runs for the grind challenge and don't find one for sale, that's still fine. I never count on it in a temp league. The basic Enfeeble is enough to prevent most 1-shots.

"
skrecu wrote:
Got dual Abaxoth at one time during T16 Forge spawning among harbinger packs, it was epic fight, died once just because after putting one down and retreating from flameblast cascade area (no leech=instant death) realized there is another one just beside me :)

Combo shown at T16 Pit map is not the scariest one, imho real danger is 3-4 from 4 combo: poison on hit/immune to curses/faster movement/additional projectiles, this one makes adds real killers, dying in this phase makes map almost impossible to clear (no matter which adds we are dealing to)

Damn, I want dual Abaxoths! :) Never got that lucky myself, only spawned that one, and didn't even notice at first, thought it was Tsetozh popping his lame flameblasts, so I was just killing trash like normal for a few sec until I realized who it was.

If you get Poison on Hit in the Chimera map (or just No Regen which is effectively the same there; it will drain all your mana) - just use Praxis/Elreon ring to make SR free to cast. As long as you can cast, you'll be OK. Chaos resist is nice to have on it too. I made this one by just buying cheap Elreon rings of that type and aug/regal'ing them:

Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 6, 2017, 12:28:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info