[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
"
skrecu wrote:
"
i tried remnant only on this 4 and get in 50 % nothing and the other time a one lvl up essence or another essence. But only one from near 100 was a horror i think.

I gave up with this challenge

Oh thats sounds good :-(

I am not the only guy who has no luck :-)

it makes things not better but the feeling that i am not so alone is great .-)

If i read most other posts then its no problem to get a kaoms (for me it was really hard) no problem to get 40/40 no problem to hit 100

i am not a really good player and i love this build. but for me all these things are really hard to get. I am really happy with this build but loosing tons of maps (also 14 harb) to programm failure make me sad.

Essences: I found 2 of the 4 while working my way thru the Atlas and leveling up to 90. Now that they are visible from far away on the minimap, it's pretty convenient. Corrupt any Dread/Misery/Scorn/Envy. There is a small (1/10?) chance that it will turn into the rare one. You only need to find 3 of the 4.

Port map: it has been my favorite map in this league. Linear layout without branches, you can't miss anything on your way thru it. I ran this map a whole lot while hunting for 3 goals: Perandus Trove (took forever to find), rare essences (found my 3rd one at some point, way before the Trove), and the boss kill count. Don't bother chiseling/alching this map. Just trans/aug/alt it until you get the Twinned prefix. This map has 5 (!) bosses (they pop from each other like nested dolls), or 10 bosses (!!!) when twinned.

Port is T10, there are plenty for sale, if you have enough patience to go thru all the people who don't respond (welcome to poe.trade!). I ran any quick and easy maps I found in the process too (e.g. Shaped Mesa is T10 too, can drop in Port; Shaped Racecource T11 too, etc).

I was running it with Zana Perandus mod (4c) for the Trove chance. It's not as expensive as many people think. You need to have some currency to afford it, but even with average luck you cover most of your expenses if you do a lot of runs. Most of the time Cadiro offers useless junk and you just save your coins. But if you do it a lot, eventually he'll sell you some nice stuff. In this league, while I was hunting for the Trove, Cadiro sold me: another Kaom's Heart, Mortal Hope, Mortal Ignorance. That's pretty good, but nothing unheard of. In the past leagues he has sold me all those things plus Shav's, Taste of Hate and Perandus Manors. Cadiro is a good guy. :)

"
Edeka wrote:
Just farmed Uber Atziri aswell for the challenge, no crashes. This is great :D!

Grats!

I've done 4 kills so far: 2 masks, 1 chest, 1 axe. No crashes. No problems with this build. But so far something keeps spoiling my perfect run for the video. Like, when the axe dropped, I ran to grab it like an idiot, ignoring the Stormcalls that were still on the ground. BOOM! )))
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 15, 2017, 12:47:35 PM
I was getting 1-2 crashes every hour prior to this update. Sometimes more...just doing regular mapping. Same crash, the PoE program would crash, and I'd log back in to find my portals open but my map progress was reset. It was annoying as hell...always when I was surrounded by mobs and the ice and ball lightning was blasting everywhere...

After this new update, I played a few hours last night and no crashes at all. Seems like it is fixed after all. Might give Uber a try if I can find more map pieces...but I'm in Standard so it's just for fun. Regular is a joke with this build.
ok here is my thought on you're build
feels a bit clunky the delay between SR and ice storm feel odd at times buuuuuuuuut
going solo on a T15 beach head at level 76 no death , in the boss fight i didnt move an inch feels like a boss and i have crappy gear only 1200 inteligenge and 4.5 k
Spoiler
my gear atm .Nice build man , oh and i still dont have the last ascendancy
"
Sharpeyx wrote:

Do the Uber Lab, you'll be fine at any level 73+ with that gear.

Your Kaom's is asking for a divine orb ;)

Look for boots with ms. It feels a lot less clunky when you are moving fast.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 15, 2017, 3:19:27 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Sharpeyx wrote:

Do the Uber Lab, you'll be fine at any level 73+ with that gear.

Your Kaom's is asking for a divine orb ;)

Look for boots with ms. It feels a lot less clunky when you are moving fast.

not exactly replying for this post but...today i started doing shaper again
it is crap again, no skill can overcome vortex upon slam...srsly, he is landing with his slam and vortex appears in the same moment, there is no way to survive this
it happened to me 4 time in one fight (3rd phase), all arena is covered with vortices....this is insane, 1st and 2nd phase is easy, in 3rd any death (slam, balls, beam, whatever) makes finishing this fight like 25/75, spent 4 portals again to cut his 10 % hitpoints, and died from clone slam, just before killing him...
votrices are most annoying when appearing upon slam

and my fav bug re-appered again today, chimaera persistant cloud phase, again and again....

add
made another run
most ridiculous thing ever, I could not leech in 3rd phase....pointing right at shaper and 0 leech, latency=OK, fps=OK, 3 times in a row no leech, and after one death (vortex and slam of course) 3 additional vortices in centre of map...i quit, thanks
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Sep 15, 2017, 6:21:45 PM
"
skrecu wrote:
not exactly replying for this post but...today i started doing shaper again
it is crap again, no skill can overcome vortex upon slam...srsly, he is landing with his slam and vortex appears in the same moment, there is no way to survive this
it happened to me 4 time in one fight (3rd phase), all arena is covered with vortices....this is insane, 1st and 2nd phase is easy, in 3rd any death (slam, balls, beam, whatever) makes finishing this fight like 25/75, spent 4 portals again to cut his 10 % hitpoints, and died from clone slam, just before killing him...
votrices are most annoying when appearing upon slam

and my fav bug re-appered again today, chimaera persistant cloud phase, again and again....

add
made another run
most ridiculous thing ever, I could not leech in 3rd phase....pointing right at shaper and 0 leech, latency=OK, fps=OK, 3 times in a row no leech, and after one death (vortex and slam of course) 3 additional vortices in centre of map...i quit, thanks

Hmm... There was a patch during the first league with the Shaper (2.4.1 or something like that) when it appeared to be out of control. The ice balls were spawning ridiculously fast and coming at you from all the way across the screen. It was fixed pretty quickly, but for a few days it was total insanity. Maybe it's happening again? I'll check the Shaper and Chimera.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Hmm... There was a patch during the first league with the Shaper (2.4.1 or something like that) when it appeared to be out of control. The ice balls were spawning ridiculously fast and coming at you from all the way across the screen. It was fixed pretty quickly, but for a few days it was total insanity. Maybe it's happening again? I'll check the Shaper and Chimera.

most funny thing is i did recently 4 shapper's run in a row deathless, unfortunately with crappy loot...
and most important, finally did Cursed King in nexus without being hit with barrage, next challenge is High Templar :D
i have noticed that many slams in particular game are deathless or not when dealing with slam (may survive all slams even if not stationary, or do not survive any), like map has hidden %dmg or always taking max dmg possible or lowest,
deatless runs or last portal/7-8th portal so unsuccessful ones
in most encounters
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
This is awesome, building it up now, just about to hit Kitava the first time.

One question: cast speed. I don't see a lot of it going on. I'm not having any trouble but for now I'm leveling with spell echo because super slow casting speed was annoying me.

Is it really not a problem with this build? Are you achieving it somehow without nodes or gear? Can you just give this noob a little primer on the cast speed aspect of this build?

Thanks!
"
aaronsan wrote:
This is awesome, building it up now, just about to hit Kitava the first time.

One question: cast speed. I don't see a lot of it going on. I'm not having any trouble but for now I'm leveling with spell echo because super slow casting speed was annoying me.

Is it really not a problem with this build? Are you achieving it somehow without nodes or gear? Can you just give this noob a little primer on the cast speed aspect of this build?

Thanks!

You don't need any casting speed. CwC fires at the fixed 0.35 sec intervals.

"
skrecu wrote:
i have noticed that many slams in particular game are deathless or not when dealing with slam (may survive all slams even if not stationary, or do not survive any), like map has hidden %dmg or always taking max dmg possible or lowest,
deatless runs or last portal/7-8th portal so unsuccessful ones
in most encounters

Perhaps you are simply running out of flasks? Or moving too much? Avoid tanking in a vortex, move slightly, just get out of it. Or at least hit the life flask to repair the damage.

Dying at a bad time can start a chain reaction. Unlike all other map bosses, the Shaper doesn't freeze the moment you leave the area. His arena has some kind of special property, the game never stops processing it. He regens while you are making your way back to him through the trash maze. He keeps doing his stuff while you respawn and get back. Ice balls keep spawning. Portal adds get Zana down without you. Etc, etc. So if you die and then take a minute to rebuff and get back, you can easily find the arena filled with vortexes.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 16, 2017, 4:26:47 AM
New video: Uber Atziri

The crash has been fixed, so here's the video. I'll update the Boss Guide some time soon. It's the same flasks and same tactics as before 3.0 (for Berserker that is; don't cast on the Mirror, you are not Elementalist). Gem swaps similar to the Hydra fight. PoL for the Vaal, PoF for the Trio and Atziri. Doedre's swap ring + TC as 2nd curse for the Trio, although that's optional. I forgot to swap it in one of my kills and still didn't die.

You need 7k+ life to survive the Flameblast reliably. It does random 5-7k damage (through PoF, AA and Ruby flask). I was rolling with 6.8k life until now, since trading 3 life nodes for a jewel socket. But this one fight is where you actually need more Life than DPS. On a couple of my kills I got 1-shot by the Flameblast with 6.8k. So I traded that socket back for 3 life nodes and had no more 1-shots with 7.3k.

If you don't have 7k life, you can either play better and Flame Dash away (the timing on the statue's Flameblast is always the same). Or just take a gamble (it rarely hits for 7k). If you get 1-shot by the statue, don't respawn too soon, let the Icestorm kill them, and then you respawn.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 16, 2017, 3:56:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info