[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Just hit lvl 100 with my whispering ice berserker.

Time for some brain-dead shaper action^^

Grats! ))
"
Just hit lvl 100 with my whispering ice berserker.

Time for some brain-dead shaper action^^

graty! / congrats! :)
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Ty for the build, mate! I backed in time with WI build which I played in 2.5 :) I have one question. In case of Standard and having Legacy Pyre from 2.5 build, what is the best 6th gem in WI. For now, I have Scorching Ray+Cast while Channeling - Fire Penetration - Elemental Focus - Concentrated Effect - Controlled Destruction. In case of Elemental Overload, it it good to use Controlled Destruction? or better switch to Life Leech for more QoL?
HoGM dropped for me, and will be my 1st. Anything special I should know regarding the map and build, or do I just pre cast and let them melt?
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
HoGM dropped for me, and will be my 1st. Anything special I should know regarding the map and build, or do I just pre cast and let them melt?

1st rule of doing HoGM right now - don't do it. It will crash, and you will lose the map and atlas %.
Last edited by sufferot on Sep 14, 2017, 7:11:00 AM
Have you cleared Uber Atziri yet with the new, life-based WI?
Why Basalt flaksk instead of granite flask?
Last edited by Moutarde on Sep 14, 2017, 11:41:13 AM
"
Byvalo wrote:
Ty for the build, mate! I backed in time with WI build which I played in 2.5 :) I have one question. In case of Standard and having Legacy Pyre from 2.5 build, what is the best 6th gem in WI. For now, I have Scorching Ray+Cast while Channeling - Fire Penetration - Elemental Focus - Concentrated Effect - Controlled Destruction. In case of Elemental Overload, it it good to use Controlled Destruction? or better switch to Life Leech for more QoL?

The best 6th gem for the legacy Pyre version is CD. You don't use Icestorm to trigger EO anyway, 5% or 6.5% crit chance really doesn't matter for this skill, and it crits per cast, not per hit. All shards from the same storm are either crit or non-crit, and that's rolled at the time when it's cast. It does crit sometimes, but CD can't make the crit chance go below the hard floor 5% anyway.

You get most of your crits to trigger EO from Orb of Storms - that skill crits per hit, it shoots up to 4 arcs, and each of them also chains. That's a lot of hits, that's why you get EO triggered easily any time you need it.

LL is not needed with this version of the build. Anywhere where you need more than the regular Pain Reaver leech you get hit hard enough to trigger Cloaked in Savagery. Almost anywhere. The most notable exception is the Shaper Beam. But it's solved easily with 1 special flask for that 1 special fight.

"
H3avyM3tal wrote:

There was a post about HoGM earlier here, like 10 pages ago. You can't steamroll it like in the 2.5 version anymore, it's a lot harder now. You can clear it with the 'chicken pull' tactics and a couple of ring/gem swaps.

Well, you COULD if it wasn't crashing. The HoGM map is dirt cheap, so I check it out every time I level up. Sadly, it's still crashing 100% of the time, and clearing 2 wings remains my best record. Usually the instance crashes way before that.

I'm up to lv 98 while still waiting on this crash (and Alluring Abyss) to get fixed. I have a feeling that I'll hit lv 100 before GGG fixes anything.

Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 14, 2017, 1:59:10 PM
"
I'm up to lv 98 while still waiting on this crash (and Alluring Abyss) to get fixed.

there is a bug that crashes alluring abyss? wtf?
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
I'm up to lv 98 while still waiting on this crash (and Alluring Abyss) to get fixed.

there is a bug that crashes alluring abyss? wtf?

"
Black_Gun wrote:
Have you cleared Uber Atziri yet with the new, life-based WI?

Hey man, long time! :)

Alluring Abyss instance crashes in the final fight. Still not fixed. I'm not trying it quite as often as HoGM because it's expensive AF to try, but the person who tried since the last patch crashed in the same way. I'm at 39/40 challenges because of this fucking thing. I could buy the kill from some other build, of course, but I always do my 40/40 on my own. Right now I'm just considering leveling up another char just to blow up Uber Atziri and finish my 40/40.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info