[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

I guess this explains why I've started crashing. Never had any problems on my Sunderer or Aurabot, didn't realise it was the build causing it. That sucks.

I have a two part question. (I'm pretty new to the game, so sorry if part of it is misinformed)

Why do we prefer Elemental Focus over say, Chance to Ignite? Because there's that whole fire tree up top with a bit more ele pen, and you could go for the double curse from passive points and throw flammability in there. Seems like a permanent ignite and another -44% fire resist would be pretty great. (Or is it because the damage is fine as is and we'd rather simply get more survival?)
"
winyew33 wrote:
I crashed in beachhead map with my friends. I was using stormbust tho, just saying.

You can get a client crash in Beachhead from many other bugs. I tend to crash a lot when grouped with summoners. Then I did a bunch of Beachheads with an HH Flicker Strike guy that had insane clearspeed and didn't crash even once while other random people in the group were dropping left and right. It's a bit random in groups. But as long as it's not an instance crash, you can do it solo at least.

"
gangwars90 wrote:
omg one of the best builds i ever played.. made it today.. run t12-t15 and can facetank everything.. its great.
do you have any ideas how i can improve my gear?

You have great stuff in Standard. Can look for gloves with more Int and life. And you don't need +ES on the belt anymore, can replace it with 5% ms. The jewel between Templar and Witch could be a bit better too. But nothing major, you are good.

Swap the rings, left <-> right. Legacy Pyre is not replaceable, but if your resists are good without the rare one you will be able to use different rings in the left slot for different situations. Left slot because of Sibyl's Lament.

"
DaelinD93 wrote:
Why do we prefer Elemental Focus over say, Chance to Ignite? Because there's that whole fire tree up top with a bit more ele pen, and you could go for the double curse from passive points and throw flammability in there. Seems like a permanent ignite and another -44% fire resist would be pretty great. (Or is it because the damage is fine as is and we'd rather simply get more survival?)

Ignite damage is based on 1 hit and does not stack. It's completely irrelevant for the build that deals damage in a lot of small hits.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 6, 2017, 5:48:21 PM
This build continues to amaze me. I screwed up my Atlas in Standard with legacy maps and had been unable to unlock two of the Guardians. Corrupted a T15 map and got a Hydra Lair with *nasty* ass mods but gave it a go. Facetanked that SOB without a single death...pretty damn awesome. Just need the last one to give the Shaper a try.

Even did a no leech modded map...tricky...but doable with flasks. :)
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Vaal bosses are best done when you simply do random prophecies with silver coins. There are 2 prophecies that force a Vaal area (Hidden Vaal Pathways and something else less common, forgot the name). So every time I got Hidden Vaal Pathways, I just looked up the next boss from the challenge list in the Wiki, went to the zone where that side area spawns, and got it.

another option is to run dusk and dawn map fragments, there is high chance for spawning a5 vaal side (reliquary, ossuary, torched courts), aand high chance to upg maps to noon or midnight
some are easy to find on campaign mode:
-The Ruined Square vaal side is just round the corner when entering it from Reliquary, where Utula stands
-Control Blocks, after entering map from town initial part can not be forked, must turn rightward
-Rooftop, outlines of map have it,

,but Innocence is rrrrreal pain in ass, big spiral map, only possible location of vaal side is in center, so prefer to launch hidden vaal pathways there
vaal side is prompted on mini map upon approaching so keep this feature ON

"
FeistyPeisty wrote:

heup is significantly buffed now up to 30% resall/dmg/atr/iir, is good option when has high roll on allres/dmg/atr
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Sep 7, 2017, 3:21:44 AM
Is there any possibility to wear bisco's for map farming? Since Astramentis giving so much int.
"
ju0n4r wrote:
Is there any possibility to wear bisco's for map farming? Since Astramentis giving so much int.

there is an explanation in some of most recent posts in this thread
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Sep 7, 2017, 6:45:58 AM
So
Did some testing with beachhead maps. (5 pieces). have the challenge now. :-)
If i stay in map and dont kill all monsters (leave 3 to 5) then the map dont crash. If i reenter the map 1 from 5 crash if i walk throught the map. But the other 4 crashes if i kill the last mob. I did the maps with the boss room and then go out of map and reenter.
then i walk 4 min thought the map. If this dont crash i kill the remaining mobs. And everytime i killed the last mob the map crashes.

If i get more maps i make more testing.

all are t15 maps
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Sep 7, 2017, 7:56:55 AM
tried first time mino on lvl 86, never did him before..
facetanked him without any problems.. great build
At 73 I'm still using the Icetomb as I can't afford a Kaom's. I don't sell so I doubt I will ever be able to afford one.

So, are there other cheaper alternatives that are an upgrade?

Thanks.

My current gear:

Hey, can you have a look at my character Proletheus. Which improvements should I make next? I was thinking about corrupted gems. Any other ideas?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info