[3.1] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice Berserker - Viable for Most Everything

"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Yuzlol wrote:
i didnt check the patch notes.
But the keystone was definitly reworked with 3.1 which you can check yourself ingame or otherwise. It is definitly possible with ES now but it seems not worthwhile for caster because there are no ES or caster nodes along :-( just life and phys passives around.

i really liked the old gearing and synergy with WI.
Int for more ES and more dmg.

I know that it is reworked in 3.1, but it didn't say a thing about compability with ES, it's just your assumption.
I'll remind you that when in 3.0 it no longer applied to ES leech, it still didn't said that on keystone itself. It just said "life leech applies instantly. Life regeneration has no effect", same as what it said when it still applied to ES. So why do you think that now it suddenly changed without any mention in the patch notes or keystone wording?

Don't get me wrong, it can be so. But need confirmation first... not just "i think that it will be so". Right now i highly doubt it, cause GGG never said a thing about returning of "vaal pact+ES" synergy.

This may be but why do they reword the keystone without adding the incompatibilty with ES? it doesnt make sense to me but again... you are correct it‘s still a assumption.

Even if you search for it, most people didnt try it yet or there a a few single answers they claim it works.

VP doesnt seem to be worthwile anyway for caster just for a few melee builds aka howa etc since its located so far im duelist area but maybe i missed something?

Last edited by Yuzlol on Dec 25, 2017, 2:16:10 PM
"
Yuzlol wrote:
This may be but why do they reword the keystone without adding the incompatibilty with ES? it doesnt make sense to me but again... you are correct it‘s still a assumption.

Even if you search for it, most people didnt try it yet or there a a few single answers they claim it works.

VP doesnt seem to be worthwile anyway for caster just for a few melee builds aka howa etc since its located so far im duelist area but maybe i missed something?

Well, they reword keystone, because they rework it to not be able to leech instantly. Make sense, right?
What i'm saying is (in chronological order):
1) Vaal pact was instant leech, and worked with ES
2) GGG nerfed vaal pact so it will not applied to ES, and said so in patch notes
3) Despite previous point, wording on keystone didn't changed a bit, because there were no ES mentioning in the first place
4) GGG nerfed vaal pact, so it just increase leech rate, instead of instant
5) Wording on keystone was changed, obviously because it do completely different thing now
6) GGG never mentioned that anything else will be changed

And so, with information on hand, all i can say that "VP still must NOT work with ES", but we have to consider possibility that if VP was reworked from scratch (instead of changing parametres in existing one), then it can be so that restriction on ES wasn't implemented. It can be so, that GGG just forgot about it, so it can be considered as bug. It can be so, that GGG just doesn't care about it, cause VP was nerfed enough to not cause any actual trouble even if applied to ES. Whatever reason, until they announce that, or someone will present experiment result, i will assume, that VP still not working with ES.

P.S. And yeah, i completely agree with you, as i said before:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
And actually, even if it is so, after vaal pact nerf it wouldn't even be something big, life builds will still be quite a bit more powerfull.

What i meant by that, is in that position you will lose way too much skill points, so life based without that need will be much stronger.
ES in current state just will not give you that much advantage to cover that much skill points.
Hey,

i have tested Ghost Reaver with Vaal Pact. I think it works together. Currently trying a setup with tirple curse and evasion (based on grace aura/jade flaks/enfeeble aura). But not sure if i like it.

I made a path of building link of my planed lvl 100 setup. I have to say, that i got some pretty good legacy ES gear from my old whispering ice witch. With lvl 100 i will end with about 11 k ES and aboud 2600 Int - dmg will be rediculous. I also added same rolled items with lower, currently available ES numbers. There i will end with about 9 k ES

POB-Link: https://pastebin.com/HdbpX5JR

It works pretty well so far. Already killed T16 guardians and Shaper with my lvl 81 berserker on standard.

Here is a video of a quick T15 Courtyard map i just made: https://youtu.be/JtokDxkeoyM

So i personly think, CI with Ghost Reaver/Vaal pact will work in 3.1. But viable gear will be much harder to get. So i would still recommend the life version from kelvynn. In the abyss league i play life based aswell.

Greetings
"
Naramie_VI wrote:
Hey,

i have tested Ghost Reaver with Vaal Pact. I think it works together. Currently trying a setup with tirple curse and evasion (based on grace aura/jade flaks/enfeeble aura). But not sure if i like it.

I made a path of building link of my planed lvl 100 setup. I have to say, that i got some pretty good legacy ES gear from my old whispering ice witch. With lvl 100 i will end with about 11 k ES and aboud 2600 Int - dmg will be rediculous. I also added same rolled items with lower, currently available ES numbers. There i will end with about 9 k ES

It works pretty well so far. Already killed T16 guardians and Shaper with my lvl 81 berserker on standard.

Here is a video of a quick T15 Courtyard map i just made: https://youtu.be/JtokDxkeoyM

So i personly think, CI with Ghost Reaver/Vaal pact will work in 3.1. But viable gear will be much harder to get. So i would still recommend the life version from kelvynn. In the abyss league i play life based aswell.

Greetings

Yeah, it looks more like 40% in sec, rather than 20%. I agree, it looks like it work.
btw
i just noticed... the vp keystone was reworded in 3.0!
so they DID care about their wording like most the time!
because i could swear i read smth different but i wasnt sure until i double checked it.
im sorry but i cant sleep without clarifying this. :-)

Last edited by Yuzlol on Dec 25, 2017, 5:11:42 PM
"
Naramie_VI wrote:
Hey,

Greetings

Nice and thx for the info.
I was messing with the builder as well alrdy but i feel like going CI wont be budget friendly if you dont invest into a few ES nodes at the beginning until you have enough INT. :(
"
Yuzlol wrote:
btw
i just noticed... the vp keystone was reworded in 3.0!
so they DID care about their wording like most the time!
because i could swear i read smth different but i wasnt sure until i double checked it.
im sorry but i cant sleep without clarifying this. :-)

Yeah, that's my bad.

I did check wording of VP in wiki archive, but for some reason "Fall of Oriath" version was still old. Version after this was reworded into "Gain Life from Leech instantly, Life Regeneration has no effect".
Started the build because I've wanted to try whispering ice for a while. For the most part I really enjoy it and see myself using it as a boss killer, used the currency I farmed on my Sunderer for a max rolled astramentis and 15% black sun as well as a Kaoms. Recently hit 70 and started mapping, but I have been finding life is a bit of a problem, even with diverting points into life instead of rushing into shadow. Even with Kaom's my life is just over 4.1k and have been running 2 life flasks to survive. I also find mapping a bit finicky with the positioning of icestorms while channeling.

Perhaps I'm just not used to CWC, but any advice for mapping and have you been running into any issues with life?
"
Razorblade999 wrote:
Started the build because I've wanted to try whispering ice for a while. For the most part I really enjoy it and see myself using it as a boss killer, used the currency I farmed on my Sunderer for a max rolled astramentis and 15% black sun as well as a Kaoms. Recently hit 70 and started mapping, but I have been finding life is a bit of a problem, even with diverting points into life instead of rushing into shadow. Even with Kaom's my life is just over 4.1k and have been running 2 life flasks to survive. I also find mapping a bit finicky with the positioning of icestorms while channeling.

Perhaps I'm just not used to CWC, but any advice for mapping and have you been running into any issues with life?

Get MoM, it's a huge upgrade for your survivability. Furthermore, cast an orb of storms before you start taking down bigger packs, the blind really helps (also during abysses)
I was struggling a bit too around level 70, getting a few more levels also helped.
so i can do t 13 red maps i die randomly i think more to me than any thing else wjat do u all think any tips would be helpfull

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info