[3.0] Build Help Thread! Making Builds For Everyone! Thread Closing 20th Sept.

Hi, first of all thanks for your help.
I'm one of those with a CI/ES Occ Witch that all of a sudden became useless.
I would like to do shaper and atziri. dual or tri curse. CI is not strictly necessary since I understood very well that now it's useless.

passive skill tree (not already applied):

occultist path:

equipment:
Spoiler
Hello,

I really was came here to create a similar question and saw your post and I said "WoW!! Really?". So I really appreciate the effort you put in.

My needs are basic, I recently started playing game with 3.0 in Harbinger SC League and have lvl 55 DW Stun Sunder Berserker from the youtube guy Eternity something, and lvl 60 ziggyD's RF SR Inq.

Now my question is, I do not feel like that I can do all the end game content with these builds, as I did not find any information regarding this. I just want confirmation.

What I want is, to see the end game content. I want to do everything in the game, speed does not have to be super fast, but doable. Uber Atzi Uber Lab, Shaper, Guardians, you name it. Does any of the two build I mention above can do all those? Main reason I choose those builds first is they are somewhat cheap, so I can do fine until I get some commodity in the game. So if you answer, yes they can, which one?

If you say, no. Then What should I choose?

Skill: Does not matter
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Does not matter
What type of weapon will you want to use?: Does not matter
What level are you planning to level this build to? : 90ish
Hardcore or Softcore? : Softcore
Ascendancy you wish to use: Does not matter

As you can see, what I only want, is at the moment is to see endgame, try it, meanwhile learn game and then I will decide if there is a specific play style I like in the game. If possible, any reference to a build people in the forums prepared would be good since I am new at game and I strictly follow those guides while leveling etc.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Lynkeus_ on Aug 22, 2017, 8:00:39 AM
Hello!

Nice thread, i was actualy looking for help for a build i am trying to make.

Skill:
Wanted to use Ice Crash or Cyclone

Crit, Elemental, or Phys:
I prefere no crit because i dont want to use Rigwald's Curse Amulet. But if it is better will try with crit.

What type of weapon will you want to use?

What level are you planning to level this build to?
Hopefully 90+

Hardcore or Softcore?
SC

Ascendancy you wish to use:
No preference

I did some tree try:

Ice Crash without crit:
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPcACTQAAHi5HRXsivDpRsqQhNlHfr02ZU2-py_MwYK2imLshO_awUMxv9VTu3TtBS0uU9Nveu9AoMC_BIePmTJOGbQtgxUgCTPRNuIsLOkA7oazKk0_J0rIbqq18nJsbEYyCTWS2L3-Crc-g8w8LYNfxq6uPmeb5FFQR-8OFCBfPxo-8i9-4nk5xPZyqfcyfNmvpz0PBjn7qvMGUWAczitQDc3-VHy7OtgnL5BVGjhZ83IP7DiCm5o7n9_vfOFzogDwH3GFVylG1zCXOYr2o-967g6BrORqqXmjiiP2TZKxs3iuPeIbrexchJSJcXvUqs1r1GIXLJQAAAAAAA==

Ice Crash with crit:
https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAOsACRUAAHJPBJvsiuSvbGjy8B-iAOFzmjuCm5_f73wLYcauxPZyqfcyr6c9DwY5-6rzBlFgHM4rUA3N_lSuPmeb5FFQR-8OFCBfPxo-8i9-4nk5kn3cI5hv5c88LYNfg8y3Pv4K2L01krXycmxsRjIJbqpKyD8nKk0A7izphrMVIAkz0TbiLC2DGbS-p2VNvTZHfoTZL8zBgraKYuyE79rBdO0FLXrvQKDAv6mVDPesrxuXMk72o-96035I7j3ieK6xsxutBLF7FKOKI_ZNko19MHxRR-dUJP3_3gKW0nySbrxWqLkMUu1hnHsAAA4AAAIAB9ABAfQBAgIGAAA0AAAAEwKeARQABAEsAQFkAAFAHwAEBwAAAAAAEgJ-AgABAWgBBAFGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

Basicly, i just wanted to know if they would works, and if they dont, can we make them work ?

I have some doubt on the effectivness off elemental damage with the Facebreaker gloves, but as we convert 50% of physical damage to cold from the spell (Ice Crash) and 40% physical damage to cold from the tree, it should be effective right ?

Sry for my very bad english
Last edited by Allsome on Aug 22, 2017, 9:33:42 AM
I am a new player been playing about a month. Out of all the builds i've tried , i've really loved frost blades but i just get so lost in the guides and it isn't until it's too late that i've realized that i messed up the build. That said, i am planning to start a fresh character thursday and hopefully you can help me from top to bottom. I will have no currency (starting on xbox thursday) and mostly SSF. I am hoping to make something useful that also teaches me a lot of the ins and outs of the game. I am 3 weeks in on PC and still feel overwhelmed.

Skill:Frost blades

Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Whichever is best , i have no preference.

What type of weapon will you want to use? I will be going SSF , so an idea on some sample rares, what to look for

What level are you planning to level this build to? As far as i can go, i'd like this to be an entry end game character.

Hardcore or Softcore? soft

Ascendancy you wish to use: raider i believe, unless you have a different suggestion.
Tree Link:

What you need looked at/optimised:
- Really bad single target damage
- Bad survivability

Noteable Gear/Uniques:

Skills:
Storm Burst - Increased Critical Strikes - Increased AOE - GMP - Added Lightning - Added Cold
CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration
Herald of Ice - Ice Bite
Wrath
Summon Ice Golem
Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Swift Affliction

Notes:
I'm still in early lategame and didn't invest too much currency in this.
But I feel like better equipment wouldn't solve my issues.
The 6-link was very lucky but I'm not entirely sure if my chosen support gems are optimal.

Thanks for helping!
Last edited by Cjreek on Aug 23, 2017, 10:09:08 AM
Replied to everyone!
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
bumping again before sleeps, goodnight exiles <3

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
My first Character ever before I understood the game was a CI Fireball character. Id like to remake it even though I understand its not really a top tier skill and CI is not in a great spot. Really just need a final CI skill tree and links. Can probably handle the rest.

Skill: Fireball
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: Elemental. Hoping to not go Crit and try and scale the Hit/Explotion more then the burning.
What type of weapon will you want to use? Searing Touch maybe?
What level are you planning to level this build to? 80.
Hardcore or Softcore? Softcore
Ascendancy you wish to use: Not sure if ELE or OCC is better or even a different class.
Last edited by lookwow on Aug 24, 2017, 5:26:52 PM
Hey guys, slight update, all this weekend ill be busy, today (saturday) ill be spending time with my brother, and sunday is Mayweather v Mcgregor so me and the coaches are going out mostly all day, so will resume all helping stuff monday :)

Hi

Background:
I will play together with my gf most of the time. The last league we were really disappointed since playing solo was much easier with our builds than playing together. So this time we're looking for synergies.
A lot of googling led me to the conclusion there is not much group synergy in poe. However, there are some things which can be done.
In particular, I found a good listing of synergies here :

•Righteous Fire Guardian will provide much defense to allies and on the flipside a SRS/Animate Weapon Necro will provide extra damage
•Multiple Discharge characters using Conduit is fun and your fps will hate you
•Elemental Equilibrium is extremely strong when one player is not directly attacking and can use an element that helps an ally's damage
•Raider With Conduit and an Allied Flicker Strike character will have infinite Flicker Strikes
•Scorching Ray+Cast While Channeling character will debuff the enemy for a friendly Fire Player to gain damage
•Wither+Cast While Channeling character will debuff the enemy for a friendly Chaos Player to gain damage
•Crit Hegemony's Era builds, Crit Archers, and Lion's Roar Flask apply knockback extremely often. This highly boosts bleed damage, but bleed damage is currently super weak
•Gladiators can play normally and allied melee physical characters can use Bloodlust for extra damage
•Melee Character with Belt of the Deceiver will Intimidate enemies so they take 10% more damage
•Blind is 50% of enemy attacks miss
•Crit Cold characters can freeze enemies making them useless
•Elementalist applies easy Shocks to enemies
•Taunt is 10% less damage to non-taunting targets
•Culling Strike is love. Slayer's Super Culling Strike is ❤️
•Vaal Lightning Trap/Vinktar's Flask apply shock so that enemy will take 50% more damage from any source
•Vaal Haste is a fun little speed boost, but has been nerfed recently
•Vaal Discipline being used by multiple es characters provides a long window of ES regen if chained properly.
•Trickster benefits highly from Grace, but will rarely run it themselves as a Higher ES pool is usually better. At least in 2.6.
•Dsfarblarwaggle's Quad Curse Occultist is great for curse support while still having endgame solo damage, but abuses poison to do so. RIP in 3.0

My gf has already found an SRS build for herself:

So this leaves me with the following synergies my build should probably fulfill:
- Do Fire DMG (because of her EE)
- Use Flammability/Elemental Weakness Curse for the both of us
- Have a physical skill in order to profit from her Hatred aura

Skill: Any combination of Fire/Physical
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: see above
What type of weapon will you want to use? any
What level are you planning to level this build to? 80-95
Hardcore or Softcore? Softcore
Ascendancy you wish to use: any

Goal: It should be a starter/budget build, but transation to being able to do Guardians and Shaper later on with the right currency investments

What build would you suggest for me?
If you disagree with my synergy coclusions, or have a different idea altogether, Id be most happy to hear it!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info