[3.0] Build Help Thread! Making Builds For Everyone! Thread Closing 20th Sept.

Hey there buddy, glad you're back!
As always Ive got a bunch of dumb ideas with impracticality to the max but this one right here is giving me a headache.

Skill: Charged Dash - Cast while Channeling - Discharge

Crit or non crit is a good question. So far crit seemed to be the better option.

The only weapon type that makes sense in this would be dagger since wands dont work with CD.

Ascendancy is pretty difficult. So far the best option seems to be raider because of the high speed and easy charge generation. My last attempt at making a tree was a crit based raider but it looks...messy.
Going hierophant would also be an option, essentially being a poor mans Volls.

As always, the plan is lvl 90 in softcore
Replied to all, good seeing you guys again, missed ya! bump
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
bump!
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Hello there, Slayer_Tip!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that cropped up for you during your post-burnout, but I'm thankful that you came back and continue to help out players like myself.

I made a thread last night on reddit, and I received a few informative posts, however I'm always willing to hear more opinions.

Skill: More of a combination making Blade Flurry, Cast while Channelling, and Glacial Cascade somehow working decently in tandem.
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: To be honest, I'm not sure what the best way to scale this build is. Probably a combination of Physical and Elemental, but I wouldn't mind Critical as well.
What type of weapon will you want to use? Whatever would be most practical for this build, although I imagine Cospri's Malice / Daresso's Passion might have some small synergy with the build?
What level are you planning to level this build to? As far as I can take it, but preferably to end-game, even though this build isn't the most optimal from what I'm told.
Hardcore or Softcore? Softcore.
Ascendancy you wish to use: Most likely Saboteur for the elemental damage bonuses, and I heard Glacial Cascade has some interesting combinations with traps this update.

Tree Link: *
What you need looked at/optimised: *
Post gear (If you want) here: *

* To be honest, these areas are where I'm most uncertain. I have some Hrimsorrow gloves that I can turn into Hrimburn, which may help the build, and I've been told that there are some Ranger passives that provide a similar bonus.

Any help or feedback you can offer would be appreciated. :)
Last edited by Sedrethi on Aug 9, 2017, 3:24:21 PM
Hello dude, how are you?
I'm newbie at this game. I just played Legacy League.
I have 4 x 85lv chracter. But i cant create new one no problem.

I have 30 ex and i want to build a immortal chracter.
Can you suggest me to a good one?

I want;

+ fast/easy clear speed (area kills are better for enjoy)
+ best about area & single target dps
+ ez for shaper & uber atziri kill (fast and didnt need to escape)
+ including movement speed
+ high dps and i didnt want to escape from mobs, dps+tank

as i said, i have 30 ex and want to build "1" complete chracter for 3.0

Can you suggest? Or direkt link the build?

Thank you!
(hopefully) helpful bump

"
Sedrethi wrote:
The request
Hello there, Slayer_Tip!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that cropped up for you during your post-burnout, but I'm thankful that you came back and continue to help out players like myself.

I made a thread last night on reddit, and I received a few informative posts, however I'm always willing to hear more opinions.

Skill: More of a combination making Blade Flurry, Cast while Channelling, and Glacial Cascade somehow working decently in tandem.
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: To be honest, I'm not sure what the best way to scale this build is. Probably a combination of Physical and Elemental, but I wouldn't mind Critical as well.
What type of weapon will you want to use? Whatever would be most practical for this build, although I imagine Cospri's Malice / Daresso's Passion might have some small synergy with the build?
What level are you planning to level this build to? As far as I can take it, but preferably to end-game, even though this build isn't the most optimal from what I'm told.
Ascendancy you wish to use: Most likely Saboteur for the elemental damage bonuses, and I heard Glacial Cascade has some interesting combinations with traps this update.

* To be honest, these areas are where I'm most uncertain. I have some Hrimsorrow gloves that I can turn into Hrimburn, which may help the build, and I've been told that there are some Ranger passives that provide a similar bonus.

My thoughts on the matter
I'm not as experienced as slayer, but I got a few ideas myself:
First off, from my own personal experience with a half phys/half elemental non trap/mine build as saboteur I can say: don't. That class is supposed to be for traps and mines only. Trickster or raider would suit your idea better imo.
Hrimsorrow/burn are definitely a good idea, that conversion will help quite a bit. The body armour should either be a decent dex based rare with life and resists, or one of the many good evasion uniques, kintsugi and the perfect form taking the top spot here.
As for the weapon, touch of anguish would suit the build nicely, or, if you plan it in harbinger, The rippling thoughts. Off-hand you can either use another of those weapons or a shield, a solid option here would be kaltenhalt/soul due to the +5% max cold res which help greatly against that one nasty reflect rare that always comes out of nowhere. Ahn's heritage could serve a similar purpose, though doesn't offer a mini hatred effect, but compensates that with greater versatility, life and perma-onslaught.
Speaking of reflect, yugul's should be the one minor pantheon power you'd want the most for this.
As for supports, I'd go with ice bite and either cold pen or hypothermia or both if you have a 6l. As for reservations, herald of ice and hatred should be giving you good damage/clear boosts.
With ice bite and thus an increased focus on frenzy charges, essence of horror crafted rings could be worth testing. With two rings and lvl 20 ice bite we'd get 23-37 cold damage per frenzy charge. Doesn't sound bad, now does it?
The trees should work for any of the named gear except ahn's heritage, that one would need a little extra strength investment.
Tree as raider
Tree as trickster
For the bandits you should either go for oka or alira, with the latter being the better option for the trickster variant due to the more crit focused approach.
Both builds end up having a total maximum of 7 frenzy charges which would, with the aforementioned values, result in 161-259 cold damage.
Should you end up using the rippling thoughts at one point, then I think your best options to support storm cascade with are phys to lightning, controlled destruction and lightning pen or innervate, if you want shocks. It's like a lightning version of glacial cascade, and behaves pretty much the same.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
(hopefully) helpful bump

"
Sedrethi wrote:
The request
Hello there, Slayer_Tip!

My thoughts on the matter
I'm not as experienced as slayer, but I got a few ideas myself:
First off, from my own personal experience with a half phys/half elemental non trap/mine build as saboteur I can say: don't. That class is supposed to be for traps and mines only. Trickster or raider would suit your idea better imo.
Hrimsorrow/burn are definitely a good idea, that conversion will help quite a bit. The body armour should either be a decent dex based rare with life and resists, or one of the many good evasion uniques, kintsugi and the perfect form taking the top spot here.
As for the weapon, touch of anguish would suit the build nicely, or, if you plan it in harbinger, The rippling thoughts. Off-hand you can either use another of those weapons or a shield, a solid option here would be kaltenhalt/soul due to the +5% max cold res which help greatly against that one nasty reflect rare that always comes out of nowhere. Ahn's heritage could serve a similar purpose, though doesn't offer a mini hatred effect, but compensates that with greater versatility, life and perma-onslaught.
Speaking of reflect, yugul's should be the one minor pantheon power you'd want the most for this.
As for supports, I'd go with ice bite and either cold pen or hypothermia or both if you have a 6l. As for reservations, herald of ice and hatred should be giving you good damage/clear boosts.
With ice bite and thus an increased focus on frenzy charges, essence of horror crafted rings could be worth testing. With two rings and lvl 20 ice bite we'd get 23-37 cold damage per frenzy charge. Doesn't sound bad, now does it?
The trees should work for any of the named gear except ahn's heritage, that one would need a little extra strength investment.
Tree as raider
Tree as trickster
For the bandits you should either go for oka or alira, with the latter being the better option for the trickster variant due to the more crit focused approach.
Both builds end up having a total maximum of 7 frenzy charges which would, with the aforementioned values, result in 161-259 cold damage.
Should you end up using the rippling thoughts at one point, then I think your best options to support storm cascade with are phys to lightning, controlled destruction and lightning pen or innervate, if you want shocks. It's like a lightning version of glacial cascade, and behaves pretty much the same.

Thanks for all the in-depth information you've provided, FCK42. :)

Happy to see that I've got a few of the suggested Uniques already, particularly both the Hrimsorrow and Kaltensoul. Hadn't thought about those Essences of Horrors, so that may indeed be interesting to play around with. Do you have an opinion on Call of the Brotherhood and/or Berek's Grip in this build?

It seems the passive trees are stuck loading at 93% for now, so I'll have to check them some other time, unfortunately, but I truly appreciate that you went through the trouble!
Aaand another bump. This time with some work for you. ;)

idea 1
Death's oath got both a rework and my attention: yes, I wanna make a build around the aura it gives now. Don't worry, the wiki isn't updated yet. Apparently it's affected by damage over time, chaos damage, area and aura modifiers, though I don't know if the the last two can affect the damage aswell.

So here we go:
Skill: Death aura; blight
Crit, elemental, phys: neither, only chaos aoe degen
Weapon: most likely breath of the council
Softcore as always
Ascendency: occultist, for double blasphemy (vulnerability, temp chains), chaos explosions for over 100% max life and chaos res reduction aura

I'll use two or three unique jewels, two blight threshold jewel and one eldritch knowledge if possible.
I'll also use allelopathy gloves later on to get even better damage with both skills. Voll's vision will be used as the helmet, for chaos resistance and regen to lighten the burden from death's oath.
prototype tree
idea 2
The ranger cosplaying dominus basically. And by that I mean doryani's touch raider.

Skill: Doryani's touch
Crit, elemental, physical: Elemental, non crit.
Weapon: none/doryani's fist
Softcore as always
Ascendency: raider, not sure which two of the three paths though, they seem almost equally viable.

Since doryani's touch has 250% damage effectiveness, I thought that pushing two static electricity jjewels to the max might prove useful. Other than the aforementioned gloves, I'll maybe use wake of destruction and either ahn's heritage or lycosidae as the shield, depending on both ascendency and accuracy.
[urlhttp://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAO4OMFsZ160zjDYrChEv62OTJzB8G8g2PdfP74j5N0mx7YMZjgBef8b-un11035Nko19I_ZVS2HiJpWjin8rxRubjdCtg20XJl9wPL56hEHQ2NW-iqEvN9SVzL3mPs9U_u0_FfAF-eOfZ6BKfYd2ePn9bsPmsXyNuX7dtMW1SFFHDkiNvxGWSVGVLvDVBx6mvlRHnsRirJ2qpctsjFWFY6fdRhGBBbUNjTBx3ahLeBR173pd8owL7LC5fDIBshnPemHrelPe-KR4wdUbrXsUlLj8xeXmtyKcxAgud9fC7M_dmyY6Qha_-WNtbNQj8YoAAAAAAAA=]prototype tree[/url](planned with ahn's heritage in mind)

Have fun with those two, slayer! :D

PS: If anyone wants to use any of my builds, go ahead. While they usually aren't the most efficient, they most certainly are unique and entertaining. If you need details, feel free to pm me.
Hi there!

Coming back to the game after a year or more, hoping to resurrect my old character build for nostalgia/challenge/fun.

This is the basic breakdown I have in mind:

Character: Scion (Occultist/Juggernaut)
League: Hardcore Harbinger Solo Self-Found
Main skill: Firestorm
Gearing: Strength/Int Armour/ES Chaos Inoculation (Elemental Overload/Zealot's Oath)
Auras: Determination/Discipline/Clarity if needed
Movement: Flame Dash or maybe Shield Charge or Leap Slam with Fortify if necessary
Defensive cooldown: Vaal Discipline
Curses: Fire Vulnerability/Warlord's Mark or maybe Temporal Chains depending on whether I bother with life leech and Ghost Reaver
CWDT: Molten Shell/Tempest Shield/Summon Skeletons/Enduring Cry
Flasks: Recharge on crit granite/ruby/sapphire/topaz + remove freeze/bleed/curse
Other notes: Colour theme is red/blue so anything green will probably look too ugly

Due to the CI/ES/Vaal Pact nerf I'm thinking of focusing on regen instead. This is the tree I've planned out over the last couple days:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAABAQDBA-4FtQYOCdkJ9gthDF8NfA5IES8RUBGWGFYYahkuGj4bJRynHNwdFB2-IvQmiCftKPopLiqNKwosvzE1M4c1uTbYOVI8LT1fPd1Bh0NjRZ1HBkjnSRtJUUuuUlNTUlOlVkhXDVfJWAdboFxrXfJfP19qZp5nZ2h0aPJsC20ZcLtxTXwOfLh_xoLHg1-DzIRIhFOMdo2_jxqPRo_6kc6TJ5SglmyX9JrPmuCboZ7EnyehL6a-pwinK6dVrJivbLTFtzC3Mbc-uJO77b6KwcXC7MNtxPbGrspG0NDUfNgL2CTYTdlb2WHaYtvn3ZLfiuKt6FrpAuvu7BjsVe6Q7_3w1fFs8azyL_LS98H31_no-tL68Q==

Kinda just looking for someone with a bit more recent experience to see if they can poke some holes in my planning or point out better alternatives. Am I stretched too thin on the tree? Am I lacking cast speed? Is the Crystal Skin node worth the distance I travel to get it? I don't have much in the way of damage, it's almost entirely defensive, but my understanding was Firestorm does pretty well in those circumstances.

Any feedback is appreciated <3
I'm trying to help out a bit, so...
My thoughts on that scion idea
First off, unless you have some pre 3.0 ES gear lying around in your standart stash, you're in for a bad time. ES took a MASSIVE hit, almost to the point where CI isn't really viable anymore. Let that sink in for a while.

Not sure if that happened within the last year, but recharge on crit flasks got reduced to 20% and also have an internal cooldown for charge generation, to prevent abuse with the harves and worm flasks.

Vaal discipline only regenerates ES instead of also giving any, since the last league I think.

Enduring cry is no longer a spell, thus can't be triggered by cwdt. However, immortal call still can.

As for crystal skin, while it is quite underrated, it is not worth the amount of skill points you want to spend on it.

In general, I wouldn't plan the tree as far as you did, the experience gained at higher levels (90+) has gotten reduced more and more with pretty much every big update.
suggestion for an alternative build

The meta is highly unstable at the moment. Lots of new supports and changes to mechanics completely alter a lot of builds. One of the few still reliably working builds is RF. Due to changes to mind over matter, it now also reduces the amount of dot taken. This allows you to easier sustain RF, provided you have enough mana regen. The changes to the bandit rewards help there greatly.
This is pretty much the best I could come up with on the spot for RF scion. Got some jewel sockets if you have some good ones. For bandits, go with oak. For the items, springleaf, a reduced dot taken shield, ahn's heritage (spec out of the end charges for this one and use fragility jewels), saffel's frame or rise of the phoenix will make things easier. Mana regen and flat mana will be useful, due to MoM. Focus life on gear. If you manage to get your hands on voll's vision or immortal flesh, try to integrate them in the build.
suggestion for an improved version of your idea, going life
Something like this would be your tree in that case. This one offers you an additional golem which is nice, reduce reflected elemental damage taken by 50%, has 191% increased maximum life, 7.1% regen and some nice armour, damage, area, duration and penetration. You can either play it 100% self cast or with cast while channeling and scorching ray, which gives you some resist shred and likely higher overall cast speed for firestorm.

I'm not as experienced as slayer, so I don't know how good any of my advice is, but I hope I could help at least a little bit.

PS: some of the new boss fights are NOT HC friendly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info