[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
Mr_Tact wrote:
"
My bad, lack of sleep. BTW, RTFM is always friendly when I say it live. Didn't mean to come across like that.

Apology accepted. I have to say, I've never heard RTFM used in a "friendly" way -- in my experience it is always used with a tone of sarcasm, disdain, or outright hostility.

Clearly he said something he didn't really mean, and I was just trying to figure out what he meant.
He meant exactly what he said though:

1. Soul Mantle gives you "Socketed Gems are Supported by level 20 Spell Totem"
2. Hierophant gives 2 additional totems, and Soul Mantle gives 1 = total of 4 totems summoned.

So you're essentially getting a 6L on the chest without the need to slot a Spell Totem Support (so there's room for an extra gem) + 4 totems, without Ancestral Bond.
A Belligerent Expert System
Last edited by Rogomatic on Oct 21, 2017, 6:53:08 PM
"
Rogomatic wrote:

Ahh, thank you. This is the piece I was overlooking. Derp.
"
Rogomatic wrote:
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
"
My bad, lack of sleep. BTW, RTFM is always friendly when I say it live. Didn't mean to come across like that.

Apology accepted. I have to say, I've never heard RTFM used in a "friendly" way -- in my experience it is always used with a tone of sarcasm, disdain, or outright hostility.

Clearly he said something he didn't really mean, and I was just trying to figure out what he meant.
He meant exactly what he said though:

2. Hierophant gives 2 additional totems, and Soul Mantle gives 1 = total of 4 totems summoned.

So you're essentially getting a 6L on the chest without the need to slot a Spell Totem Support (so there's room for an extra gem) + 4 totems, without Ancestral Bond.

I actually tried this but all the curses on you reduce the damage in the same time. Maybe I missed an item or something to reduce self-curse-effect to 0%. But I basicly had the same damage output(with 20% curse effect).

I think a better investment could be a 6link armour for single target damage vs bosses.
"
I think a better investment could be a 6link armour for single target damage vs bosses.

If we have 6 link staff and 6 link armour. What is the best we can do with this?

Single damage is a good idea. Anyone suggestions for the gems?
Last edited by Chili512 on Oct 25, 2017, 6:58:00 AM
"
tr4nznrg wrote:
I actually tried this but all the curses on you reduce the damage in the same time. Maybe I missed an item or something to reduce self-curse-effect to 0%. But I basicly had the same damage output(with 20% curse effect).

I think it's just double Kikazaru (the 3.0 version) to reduce the effect to 20%. Haven't tested it -- is it that horrible?

edit: The only way I can think of to have a 100% reduced effect of curses is to be a Guardian or Ascendant and take the passive giving you 25% of curse effects. But that limits you to 4 totems with Tukohama's Fortress...
Last edited by Rogomatic on Oct 25, 2017, 1:34:10 PM
I may have a stupid question here:
What's the point to get increased crit chance(gem and skill tree) when we run controlled Destruction Support. If our crit is reduced by 100%, how will we get some crit ?
I'm sure I miss something here...
"
Kemingway wrote:
I may have a stupid question here:
What's the point to get increased crit chance(gem and skill tree) when we run controlled Destruction Support. If our crit is reduced by 100%, how will we get some crit ?
I'm sure I miss something here...

It is additive, not multiplicative -- so making up some numbers...

If you have +100% +50% +50% +75% -100% -- you still get +175%
Thanks ! I was wondering why I was stuck at 5% but I guess I'm just not far enough in the build to see the upgrade.
"
Kemingway wrote:
Thanks ! I was wondering why I was stuck at 5% but I guess I'm just not far enough in the build to see the upgrade.

Yes. Crit can never be lower than what's base for the skill.
Thinking about doing this for mayhem, people who have run it last league, do you think it will be solid?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info