[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Hi Lifter,

Obviously thank you so much for all the hard work you put in the guides, they are awsome.
With this one im loving it, but one thing.

i am sooooo squishy and i die soooo fast from spike dmg, so fast that i didnt even have time to pop up flask or other defences.

i have about 5K healt, all ress caps (ofc.) and 2K mana, atm im on tier 8 maps.
i die from harbringers somethimes and specially from breaches.

i hope this message finds you and you have time to give me some advice.

thanks bro!!!
"
My bad, lack of sleep. BTW, RTFM is always friendly when I say it live. Didn't mean to come across like that.

Apology accepted. I have to say, I've never heard RTFM used in a "friendly" way -- in my experience it is always used with a tone of sarcasm, disdain, or outright hostility.

Clearly he said something he didn't really mean, and I was just trying to figure out what he meant.
I feel like im seriously lacking Damage, i must have missed something, got that 5 link, most of the skills and im like miles away, in Path of Building i have like 6k dmg a hit and 9k dps, ingame i reach i like 13k dps when i hover over the skill while those charges load.

Right now the char is full of crappy stuff that doesnt fit, i had a 6 link once and gave the char up because i did even less dmg back then. I get that alot comes from the Gem level and Arcane Surge, but not that much right?
"
Kutulu wrote:
I feel like im seriously lacking Damage, i must have missed something, got that 5 link, most of the skills and im like miles away, in Path of Building i have like 6k dmg a hit and 9k dps, ingame i reach i like 13k dps when i hover over the skill while those charges load.

Right now the char is full of crappy stuff that doesnt fit, i had a 6 link once and gave the char up because i did even less dmg back then. I get that alot comes from the Gem level and Arcane Surge, but not that much right?

Why do you have the intelligence nodes above your upper Frozen Trail? Take those back, and the elemental damage above Serpent Stance, then take Serpent Stance (and the two nodes leading to it obviously) that will give you a 1300+ dps boost. And that Shimmering Cobalt Jewel of Mysticism is giving you a lot less dps than Arcane Potency would -- that's another 600+ dps. And obviously a few more levels for the gems will help. The changes I mentioned, and lvl 19 on your five gems gets you from 9,252 to 15,318 dps in PoB...
"
vansaksen wrote:
Hi Lifter,

Obviously thank you so much for all the hard work you put in the guides, they are awsome.
With this one im loving it, but one thing.

i am sooooo squishy and i die soooo fast from spike dmg, so fast that i didnt even have time to pop up flask or other defences.

i have about 5K healt, all ress caps (ofc.) and 2K mana, atm im on tier 8 maps.
i die from harbringers somethimes and specially from breaches.

i hope this message finds you and you have time to give me some advice.

thanks bro!!!

I am with you. That is my problem too. I am super squishy. The build is fun, but I die so damn fast. I am also on t8-9 maps atm.
Can't see either of your characters... but I am running Shaped Racecourses (T11) with this build which has a triple boss using pretty average gear and -- yeah, I run around a lot, but rarely am I in danger of dying. Keep moving, make sure your mana is full...
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Oct 16, 2017, 7:52:21 PM
thanks for the tips.

using totems needed some adjusting gameplay. after a while i got the hang of it more and now i dont die on T12 maps.

the main adjustment i made where my falsks.
i play on xbox, so im not even beginning on buying unique flasks. 20ex and stuff XD
annyhow, aslong as you stay out of small cornors and far away from spike dmging mobs. your solid.

thanks for the responds guys
I managed to work a Snakepit ring into the build and keep my resists above 75%, increased my damage quite a bit and also added a sixth projectile. Other than getting a sixth link on my Taryns I would like to know which gems to get to 20 quality first after Frostbolt? What would be the order to improve them to get the most damage?

Thanks.
Im playing this at HHC and its insanely good for now, i had help on some bosses, i didnt want to die :P

Some tested this with glacial for single target? someone posted a few pages ago but got no answer, im still 66 and dont have a same lvl GC to test.
"
Webbhead08 wrote:
What are best Pantheon options?

Also has anyone tried out the Empower Gem for +2 more levels to Frostbolt?

I would love to know what the best Pantheon options are. Would anyone mind answering this question about Pantheon powers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info