[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

@SnakeWon

Thanks for the advice! I've replaced divination distillate with an instant life recovery and the diamond flask with an instant mana recovery. I think I may have tapped on the flask too late often, so having instant recovery helps a lot.

I also reforged my staff with Shrieking Essence of Sorrow, replaced some overleveled gems.

Idk why but my elemental resistances are all capped in game, but not in poeplanner. I'll double check again when I get back home.
Glad I could help. This was my first MoM build so I was replenishing mana way too late as well. Once I realized how the mechanic worked I went from feeling fragile to tough as nails. I usually would hit my instant mana once I saw it dip below half.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines. Do you like gladiator movies?
How do you think using Soul Weave Spidersilk Robe with Self Flagellation Jewel and 2 Kikazaru rings would scale with this build?

Would there be any real drawbacks from the 20% remainder of curses effects after the 80% is negated? Would the damage boost be worth it?

Average curses I maintain easily without much effort is 6. So if we get a 20% jewel, then would the 120% damage be worth it?
Nerf Paper, Scissors is Fine. -Rock
sorry if this hads been answered before but since its 75 pages of replies...

Whats the advantage of goin herio over inquisi?

I just died on HC harbringer and wanna try this build

Ty
Would Sire of Shards staff be ok to use with this?
Coming up with my own version of this that I like to call 'The Martyr'.

Speccing out of Ancestral Bonds, and instead running a Soul Mantle setup with full Kikazaru's and a self-flagellation jewel. Without the need for Spell Totem support, you can replace that with an Empower and feasibly get a lvl 24. frostbolt, which is even better than from the +2 from Taryn's. Best part is that all the spell and cold damage rolls are still there because we still have Taryn's equipped, and we can socket in a full 6L secondary skill gem setup, maybe frostbomb or something similar.
The whole mechanics of a Templar Martyr empowering himself through self cursing is rather entertaining.

Clear speed remains the same, if not even better due to the added damage from the Self-Flagellation curses.(and the ability to get a lvl 24. frostbolt rather than lvl 23. with the new found ability to slot in an Empower)

Still 4 totems.

Survivability drops a tad bit, but you can spec out of a few damage nodes on the tree and swap them for life nodes. A few damage nodes lost won't really hurt, since the clearspeed on normal mobs is more than adequate, and the secondary skill setup will immensely boost DPS on boss fights.

Last edited by Xanthochroid on Oct 10, 2017, 7:25:19 PM
"
Xanthochroid wrote:

Speccing out of Ancestral Bonds, and instead running a Soul Mantle setup with full Kikazaru's and a self-flagellation jewel. Without the need for Spell Totem support, you can replace that with an Empower and feasibly get a lvl 24. frostbolt, which is even better than from the +2 from Taryn's. [...]

Still 4 totems.

I'm confused. Did you make an error while editing your post? Are you suggesting a totem build or not?
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Oct 11, 2017, 3:13:42 PM
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
"
Xanthochroid wrote:

Speccing out of Ancestral Bonds, and instead running a Soul Mantle setup with full Kikazaru's and a self-flagellation jewel. Without the need for Spell Totem support, you can replace that with an Empower and feasibly get a lvl 24. frostbolt, which is even better than from the +2 from Taryn's. [...]

Still 4 totems.

I'm confused. Did you make an error while editing your post? Are you suggesting a totem build or not?

RTFM....

Ancestral Bond =>
Can have up to 1 additional Totem summoned at a time
You can't deal Damage with your Skills yourself

Soul Mantle =>
Can have up to 1 additional Totem summoned at a time
Inflicts a random level 20 Curse on you when your Totems die
Thank you for your helpful and friendly reply. As an atypical response in this forum you have restored my low opinion of Internet users in general.

Yeah, I RTFM. Did you read his post? Or my question for that matter? I didn't question how he was getting 4 totems. I was questioning if it was a totem build at all.

He said, "Without the need for Spell Totem support" How is he casting Frostbolt totems without Spell Totem? Hence, my suggestion that he had made an editing error in his post.
"
Mr_Tact wrote:
Thank you for your helpful and friendly reply. As an atypical response in this forum you have restored my low opinion of Internet users in general.

Yeah, I RTFM. Did you read his post? Or my question for that matter? I didn't question how he was getting 4 totems. I was questioning if it was a totem build at all.

He said, "Without the need for Spell Totem support" How is he casting Frostbolt totems without Spell Totem? Hence, my suggestion that he had made an editing error in his post.

My bad, lack of sleep. BTW, RTFM is always friendly when I say it live. Didn't mean to come across like that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info