[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

Has anyone tried three frozen trails? You can get 40 int if you get the jewel node closest to the staff cluster and extra totem keystone.
"
elderwood wrote:
Hi Lifting,
Great guide, as usual.

I was wondering if you could clear something up for me that doesn't appear to have been addressed in the posts so far.

In the video guide you run through the gem setup vie Path of Building and state at around 1:30 that (once the gear & cold pen is in place) you should be switching out Cold Penetration for Hypothermia. However, in this written guide, you state in the Gem Setup portion that "Note: Once you get The Pandemonius you are better off using Hypothermia instead of Controlled Destruction."

So, is this a typo somewhere or are you saying that once you get The Pandemonius you should be running both CD and Hypo, whilst dropping Cold pen?

Would you mind just clarifying which option you had in mind please?

Yea thats a mistake actually. I'll edit it now. It is cold penetration that you can leave out. Use CD + Hypo :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
I have corrected a few typos and mistakes in the guide. Also, I have added more info to the to "leveling section" to help newer players get a better understanding on how to get the build rolling.

Hope things are well! :)
Having played around with Arcane Surge a bit, I think it would be ideal to leave it at level 12. At this level it requires you to spend 99 mana by using the linked skill in order to proc the buff.

Currently, my Flame Dash is in a 4L with Arcane Surge, Faster Casting and Increased Duration. It costs me 51 mana to cast, meaning that with 2 dashes I get the surge buff. If I level arcane surge to lvl 13, I will need to spend 121 mana (3 dashes) to proc the buff, which can be quite tedious.

In short, I would recommend you guys to keep Arcane Surge at lvl 12 in this setup for smoother gameplay.
Last edited by Biratancho on Aug 6, 2017, 6:38:30 PM
"
deimudda69 wrote:
Why dont you take the Shamanistic Fury Node with more dmg + placement speed? Only 4 Points. Does it not scale well enough or is there another reason? Im playing softcore, so i would prefer the dmg if you just skipped it to get more life nodes.

I'm wondering this same thing. It's literally one node away early on.

Answered on page 5. My bad.

Still, I like it though.
Last edited by Cacia on Aug 6, 2017, 6:42:02 PM
"
Has anyone tried three frozen trails? You can get 40 int if you get the jewel node closest to the staff cluster and extra totem keystone.
The jewel description says: a limit of two.
"
Cacia wrote:
"
deimudda69 wrote:
Why dont you take the Shamanistic Fury Node with more dmg + placement speed? Only 4 Points. Does it not scale well enough or is there another reason? Im playing softcore, so i would prefer the dmg if you just skipped it to get more life nodes.

I'm wondering this same thing. It's literally one node away early on.

It simply isn't point efficient in the end. If you get a level 100, then sure go for it, but if you dont have the luxury of getting those additional points, then they are better spent elsewhere.

That said, since you get a lot of respec points for free just by doing the quests, then it is a good idea to spec into these 4 nodes and later spec out of them again.
"
CottonSwabs wrote:
"
The jewel description says: a limit of two.

Oh my bad. Didn't see that
Any tipps to get those frozen trail? At least one before got one from quest in act 5?

I am actual 44, and just got the second chaos orb ... but no chance, even if i wisper EVERY trader @poe.trade for frozen trail up to 2 chaos ... either they are DND, no answer or they are still sold ...

So even with lvl 44 i have to stick to firestorm for damage. still have a 4 link ready for frostbolt ... but ya know ... not helpful without the frozen trail ...
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
Any tipps to get those frozen trail? At least one before got one from quest in act 5?

I am actual 44, and just got the second chaos orb ... but no chance, even if i wisper EVERY trader @poe.trade for frozen trail up to 2 chaos ... either they are DND, no answer or they are still sold ...

So even with lvl 44 i have to stick to firestorm for damage. still have a 4 link ready for frostbolt ... but ya know ... not helpful without the frozen trail ...

I set up a live search on poe.trade and just whispered every one that popped up. took me like 4-6 whispers per jewel. Literally two minutes tops.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info