[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

I'm level 33 and using clarity, i dont have any mana problems, why do I need to take the mana nodes next to mind over matter?
Thanks for the build! To anyone worried about low DPS for bosses, so far it's worked perfectly fine up to T5 maps for me and I had very little problem with acts 7-10, which I ran solo. For a brand new character played by a player who knew nothing of any of the bossfights they were long enough to be "cinematic" but not so long they got annoying. I did this with none of the recommended uniques (except for 1 Frozen Trail, got the second a bit into mapping), with only Normal lab done, and using this awful 5L since halfway through act 9:

I know T5 isn't anything to brag about, but so far the bosses haven't taken that much longer than with other builds and the trash clear speed easily makes up for it.

Someone may have asked this already, and I apologize as I can't find their post. But on the frozen trail jewel, it talks about needing 40 intelligence within the radius to get the benefit of it, but the radius circle that it places on the skill tree after you socket the jewel, doesn't show 40 intelligence that I've taken within the circle, it only shows 20 that I've taken within the circle, and that's with using the skill tree on page 1.... Am I missing something here?

Maybe the intelligence nodes don't have to be taken for it work?
"
terryahn92 wrote:
I'm level 33 and using clarity, i dont have any mana problems, why do I need to take the mana nodes next to mind over matter?

I wonder the same thing. My Mana Globe with clarity rarely goes down even 5% before it quickly regens..... Perhaps mana will be a problem later? and maybe Lifting is just preparing us for it early? Not sure......
MoM makes it so your mana is another effective lifepool. If 30% of damage goes to mana first, and you have 1k mana, that's 3k effective life. So more mana = more life.
"
Mentoya wrote:

Someone may have asked this already, and I apologize as I can't find their post. But on the frozen trail jewel, it talks about needing 40 intelligence within the radius to get the benefit of it, but the radius circle that it places on the skill tree after you socket the jewel, doesn't show 40 intelligence that I've taken within the circle, it only shows 20 that I've taken within the circle, and that's with using the skill tree on page 1.... Am I missing something here?

That's correct you do not need to have selected the nodes, they just need to be in the circle, so if there are 4 int nodes within the circle you get the benefits. Keep in mind also the build requires you to use 2 of them and you cannot use more than 2.
This is by far one of my favorite builds, been playing for a long time but this one is sweet. Hit level 57 today and am just breezing through content.
"
thisismatt wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

That's correct you do not need to have selected the nodes, they just need to be in the circle, so if there are 4 int nodes within the circle you get the benefits. Keep in mind also the build requires you to use 2 of them and you cannot use more than 2.

Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear..........
idk what you guys talking about when you say this build is bad.

I'm level 33 and i just finished normal trial. This is by far the earliest and easiest time I had with trials.

Everything dies in 1-2 hits. Keep in mind I'm only using 1 frostbolt. I don't have any jewels.
Is it bad if I rushed the bandits and forgot to look before I killed them all. :c

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info