[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
Mentoya wrote:

I agree big time! I've always been a fan of liftingnerdbro's builds, and played many of them with great success, but this is the worst time I've ever had playing his build.........(for me anyway). I went with the skills he mentioned and the damage just is way too slow!!!......Heck, it took me forever to kill Vaal in Act 2 and had to port out 3 times, even killing some of the rares are painful....... I took the exact skill tree he mentioned for the first 35 points and using freezing pulse, but it's just too painful to continue...I made it up to level 28........

Back to build hunting........Think I will research some other builds in the forum........
I was never truly a fan of using freezing pulse to level. I took firestorm and used frostbolt to keep things in place until level 32. Combined with totems and firestorm, I had a very easy time with bosses.

I definitely think that frostbolt totems don't shine until the second jewel pickup though. I don't think I could have finished the Innocence fight without the second one.
Last edited by CottonSwabs on Aug 6, 2017, 8:48:43 AM
#1: If a build works for HC it always work in SC

I played all Lifting GuideBuilds and never had a problem. gj bro

Im at lvl 69 atm and holy moly maping is so nice.
Here my suggestion: for leveling go FreezingPuls --> Flametotem+Firestorm --> FlameblastTotem (get 4 link asap)
Skilltree skip eledmg and grab 3 x AOE and take Shamanistic Fury , atm you switch FrostboltTotem respec aoe to the eledmg

Ascendancy: if you play SC rush Ritual of Awakening and skip Divine Guidance

I never encountered a problem Act 1-10 and up to white maps.

Last edited by swissnixon on Aug 6, 2017, 10:33:52 AM
Possibly stupid question:

You have one of the gem setups as:

Frostbolt, Spell Totem, Faster Casting, Controlled Destruction, Cold Penetration (5-link) & Increased Critical Strikes (6-link).

Perhaps this is a standard build practice, I'm not a complete noob, but I'm not far above it. It would seem to me having Controlled Destruction with a 100% decrease in Crits and Increased Critical Strikes is counter productive....
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Aug 6, 2017, 10:57:12 AM
I use Herald of Ice / Clarity and find that combo working well.

Also I'll write tips below because I'm destroying it with this build.
Last edited by midiperfect on Aug 6, 2017, 12:04:27 PM
TLDR First ; AWESOME BUILD!!! Nearing end of all new content, STICK WITH IT, it's AMAZING. If struggling on dmg, read my tips and enjoy faster level'ing. I can't stress how important #1 is.

I don't have the unique staff, Neck, or even gloves yet. I've mostly made all my gear and it's not even that great. I used just a simple 4l staff till like 60. 3b 1r, and nothing other than bosses makes me slow down.

Here are the two biggest tips I can give on things to do maybe different than LNB did.

#1 If you're not playing HC, take the ascendancy points for the totem damage into the 4 totems first, Just the first two points alone will make the DMG boost SO much nicer, and you will not have the slowdown that I think is throwing a lot of people off here. I've only died a few times and it's because of poor play.

#2 Eventually Liftingbro's tree is super powerful, but it's more a late game spec after you already have all the points and gear!!!

It's actually better to get Shamanastic Fury when you're around 45 ish or so, it's 58% extra dmg, and you can later respec out of it super easily (right off tree we are using), but before you get giant crit multipliers, and can optimize for more end game content it's definitely worth taking.

Again my gear SUCKS, but I'm really loving the build, esp after getting my first 4 ascendancy points. Map running is insanely fast.

Cheers, Thanks for build.

If anyone gets a spare 5l Shiver let me know lol.
Controlled Destruction Support - Supported Skills deal (25-44)% more Spell Damage aside the 0.5% increased Spell Damage/quality. So we got a 40% MORE dmg vs -100% crit, that -100% REDUCED crit means 2 crit nodes and 1 diamond right. The reduced crit chance is way lower then you think. It's REDUCED as in not LESS vs MORE and not INCREASED. MORE/LESS is multiplicative - reduced/increased are additive ... the reduced part is like 10% crit around there compared to allmost 50% real dmg. A diamond ring has 30% crit, 2 of those and you allmost negate the downside.
"
Inastris1 wrote:

Can anyone confirm if this skill tree is worth following? I am playing SC and I would like as much damage as possible. I have been following the tree in the build and it does seems like its more focused on surviving rather than damage.

I'm not good at deciding which paths to take since I am still a noob when it comes to that stuff. Can anyone help me in maximizing my damage? Thank you!
Last edited by Swag_Master_Alan on Aug 6, 2017, 11:18:30 AM
"
"
Inastris1 wrote:

Can anyone confirm if this skill tree is worth following? I am playing SC and I would like as much damage as possible. I have been following the tree in the build and it does seems like its more focused on surviving rather than damage.

I'm not good at deciding which paths to take since I am still a noob when it comes to that stuff. Can anyone help me in maximizing my damage? Thank you!

Yes and no, I would not go near the Cold damage cluster, it looks nice ... it aint that good. Imo, Celestial Judgment it's close, no travel point wasted. Breath of Rime with the new changes to freeze mechanics it's shit. Heart of Ice is ok but then again you will be wasting 2 travel points to get there and for a lvl 97 build you need moar life to realistically get there. Get the 2 extra totems ascendancy and you are good to go maping. I doubt you feel the need to get more dmg nodes, maybe the jewel socket behind the 8% ele dmg.
Any unique weapons you'd suggest for leveling early on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info