Path of Exile 3.0.0: The Fall of Oriath Patch Notes

Thank You so much GGG! I am so very glad to support this game! LOUIE!!!!!!!
The LORD will march forth like a mighty Warrior, He will come out like a warrior, full of fury. He will shout his battle cry and crush all his enemies.
I'd like to echo one other concern - probably the most fair one offered - boss rewards. Will players do them in 3.0? Maybe you need to put on bosses what everyone is really after, but is hard to get - exp.

To that end, maybe the answer is to buff boss hp even more, but make them equivalent to the exp that the rest of the map is worth. Along with the map bonus drop, IIQ and IIR bonuses.
So happy for changes to damage over time, fire trap, caustic arrow and contagion!
Wow... im a little bit lost right now...

Every build i have planned to try is going to be "hitted": 1 - Wanderfinder cheap version, like AceofSpades posted, with some lightning dmg for shock; 2 - Crit Inquisitor with Blade Flurry + lightning dmg for shock; 3 - Totam RF, because i always dreamed to play RF, but with the nerf on ES, totem was a cool option, not anymore...

I would appreciate suggestions. I really dont know what to start on friday. Shock was the poor's option to reach good amount of dmg, its really nerfed, and the bosses got more life, tough; i never got rich on league or min/max something, its just impossible for me, and now im even more farway of this. lol

Thx! Sorry my bad english!
Why the SRS nerf? :(
I'm So Ready
One More Day...
Why do i read these posts? Yesh.....

Edit: got caught up in the negativity and i forgot to leave a good job to the people at ggg and thanks for the hard work!!
I am really not as bad as they say I am.

I am actually a really nice person.

Haaahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaha
Last edited by pootie3030 on Aug 2, 2017, 11:30:19 PM
"
All sources of Phasing now correctly change the character's appearance.
"working as intended", they said. "there's nothing for ggg to fix", they said.

"
The Cruel and Merciless Labyrinths now each require the completion of three trials, as well as the earlier Labyrinths. Access to the Endgame Labyrinth now requires completion of the three earlier Labyrinths.
So instead of proposed "do the hardest lab, get easier ones done automatically", we got exact fucking opposite - now we're REQUIRED to do all easy labs if we want a shot at harder one. I hope when developer responsible for this change dies, he ends up in a special sort of hell: bound to run an endless lab as CI+EB+BM character. While being hunted by invulnerable Uber Izaro.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
This rework of a lot "broken" mechanics should happen anyway. Sad thing, that a way to balance a game around builds with high scaling potential is a nerf of scaling, not buffing difficulty of endgame encounters.
The builds that facetank and kill guardins/shaper in a seconds will still exists and even with new rules players will found a lot of new builds that able to do it. That is how this game work, you gonna farm currency/gear/exp to made a build that works like "press x to win".
My personal opinion about some changes.

1. ES and Life
Nerf es leech - was very needed, its trivialize everything when u can instaleech with high es pool. And you dont need high invest in any kind of defence except es pool, your best defensive mechanic was leech, and its increase with as much as your damage do.
But nerfing an amount of es for other builds that cant instantly refill it is kinda to much. Now you have close to zero profit to go es over life, that also force you to have tools to immune stun/ailments and a way to refill while u taking damage.
And in other side Life builds is still in their place, minor buff to affixes do nothing to it. Any Life build still not able to survive a lot of situation, even a rare monster with some map mods and his own physical damage mods can do 20k damage to you, and no any kind of passive defence can mitigate it. Armour mechanic still means that is no difference on have 20k+ armour or have zero armour against hits, that can one-shot your character. So the only real defence for endgame builds is evasion/dodge/block and ailments/stuns/curses on monsters that just dont let him a way to hit you. And any investments in life nodes will not change this situation. And old ES values was much closer to what we always trying to reach - have enough EHP as anti-one-shot pool to farm safely. Thats why i always prefered to made a es builds for endgame. Now it will be much and much harder and our defence depends on pseudo-random mechanic, that allows one-shots.
2. Dot changes
Was very needed. Even being a double-dip builds player usually i agree, that its necessary. All this builds scaled super-fast with endgame gear and you always have enormous values (yep, this mechanics allows us to one-shot guardians and trivilize game)
3. Necrobot changes
Happy with it, also my opinion is that we should have any restrictions for support-only characters, that cant do any game content solo and can play only in parties. Dont make this game looks like D3, when glasscannon damage dealer with 2 supports can do any content safe without big investments in his own defence and auras. A good way is to reduce a values that auras grants to allies with same values them grants to you and your own minions.
4. Shock and chill changes
No more domination of lightning convert over other elements, sounds good.
5. Spell/attack balance
After the long time of spell domination we have reversed situation now. Spell casters are much more limited now, and their scaling with an endgame gear is much lower. It will be fine to have a bit more mechanics to leech life and mana for spell builds, fun think, that best spell builds in beta used berserker ascendancy that looks frustrating. Some nodes that helps to refill life and mana for spell builds should solve this problem.

Btw good job on making core things rebalanced in this game. Take a look on new meta of this league, some builds still "broken" and untouched.
And yes, still facetanking guardians on beta, still do shittons of dps with good gear, still have no last time nerfs for build im making for this league, just lost some QoL with farming as build, that can die to random one-shot on any hard rolled map.
Last edited by strikeg2 on Aug 2, 2017, 11:59:35 PM
"
DaAntagonist wrote:

Agreed! I have played this game through a few iterations, and frankly I knew the blowback on this was going to be loud.
I say loud and not large on purpose, because the majority of players (including myself) don't have the time or the care to post on reddit or here on the forums. In fact this is my first one!
Overall, all I see is change. Change, for all it's worth, is going to make some happy and anger others. While I am sad about a few things (ES Nerf) I figure that they are watching it and will change it if the build diversity all moves to just Life. At the same time, there are plenty of ideas that I can't wait to try!
You don't have to be happy with changes, and you can make yourself be heard, but all I see out of this patch notes is effort. Whether they got it right or wrong is yet to be seen, but I for one cannot wait to try it out first and then let them know with clear EXAMPLES of what needs to be fixed.

Well said.

Last edited by Sinaranu on Oct 13, 2019, 8:47:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info