Path of Exile 3.0.0: The Fall of Oriath Patch Notes

having a good laught, that there are no clear speed builds left in the game. just LOL. h a h a h a h a. OH MY GOD NO VF OR VSPARK, gg soooon. it's all good kids, streamers ll make another clear speeed build for ya. holyyyyyyy i ve never felt so good in a long time. these thread is platinum
"
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
"
So HoWa is BUFFED instead of being nerfed? Oo???

Depends on!

Some used it as dual wielding, gaining in total 2-12 per 10 intelligence.
Now dual wielding HoWa builds RIPed. But single handed was buffed!

Furthermore this build is mostly for ES builds because of intelligence stat.
But in 3.0 you can't leech instantly ES!
So i wander if this item be useful now?

Life based, based on intelligence stat? :)

There are more than enough life based caster builds.
Didnt kow it was unique euipped stat now

So which Spell is used with HoWa?
HoWa isn't caster build but melee build.
But because it requires intelligence stat to have high DPS, you will lack strength stat, and it will affect your Life pool!
But if it was ES pool, with addition to high intelligence stat you would get high ES pool.

It is like RF skill (stacking life to get more DPS), but here stacking intelligence stat to get higher DPS.

But problem here comes in defense mechanic for close combat melee builds! Without instant leech it is quite doubtful you will survive reflect or Boss fight.
So...much...information........

Brain...melting........

wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
R. I. P. Pure ES builds. 2014-2017
"
Summoned Raging Spirits now deal approximately 15% less damage at all levels.

I don't even know if I was going to run another necro this league, but take it from someone that played many SRS builds already, life, ES, old SRS with 50 minions, the new with 20, etc: This is really unnecessary. Totally.

SRS can only be called a real powerful skill and reach his full potential at level 95, when and IF you have a corrupted level 21 and q20 gem together with a empower level 4 and a staff +3. Ok, this is awesome, but with that gear what skill isn't?

Generally talking, about lvling, mapping til 90, if you don't have a 6 link, if you don't have quality on your gem, if you dont have the 21 gem, if you don't have empower, this is a NORMAL skill and there is absolutely 0% reason to give this a nerf. Really.

Specially after you remove max 50 minions down to 20, the skill feels weak already specially in boss fights. You gave us -30 minions but it seems they life still the same and some bosses like Breach Lords can one shot all your 20 minions at once and you're alone there to die. I still think the life/hp of the 20 minions should be buffed specially for boss fights and you come to me with -15% damage. That's a fucking joke GGG. Really.

I was thinking in remake my necro on 3.0 but well.. I guess nvm.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Aug 2, 2017, 8:14:41 AM
After reading these and having a long hard think about poe, i realized that personally, the hardest thing about this game is trying to continue enjoying it. I was no lifing this game anywhere from 8-14+ hours a day before i burnt out of leagues. This league, i was planning to play a build i wasn't going to enjoy for hours on end, for an advantage that doesn't matter and further ruin my wrist in the process, all for what? I'm out boys. Hope everyone enjoys 3.0, it's been a good ride.
"Chain Support's damage penalty now only applies to hits."

So if i will support Essence Drain with Chain gem, can i assume that the secondary DoT damage won't get damage penalty?
"
zeyorkan wrote:
Then enjoy 3.0, you're the minority in this matter.

3.0 appeal to people who likes to torture themselves, now we know where you stand :)

People that play copy-paste meta builds are torturing themselves, they abuse overpowered builds and then cry something about "build diversity". I'm here 6 years never felt any pain nor being tortured and the game was 10 times harder than now.

This whining is the real torture actually.

"
Fawkse wrote:

You get a max of 178% more multiplier instead of a max of 119% more multiplier You had before, and You lose the 59% increased damage ofc. You make the same mistake everyone makes - they see multiplier increase and think "must be a buff", but You forget that "increased" is also a multiplier in its own way, and that gets affected by the base damage nerf as well.

A nerf to base damage "double dips", if You will. Just take some example numbers (rounded for ease of calculation):

100 base damage, 300% increased damage, 120% more multiplier: [100+(100*3)]*2.2= 400*2.2=880
80 base damage, 240% increased damage, 180% more multiplier: [80+(80*2.4)]*2.8 = 272*2.8=761,6

If You increase the %increased damage, not much changes tbh. 1000% more "increased" enough for You?

100 base damage, 1300% increased damage, 120% more multiplier: [100+(100*13)]*2.2= 1400*2.2=3080
80 base damage, 1240% increased damage, 180% more multiplier: [80+(80*12.4)]*2.8 = 272*2.8=3001,6

Still ~2.5% less damage. When You factor in penetration etc. it comes to around 5% iirc.

Base damage is king. You need to have something to multiply for Your multipliers to be effective. 10000 times zero is still zero.

It's not a significant nerf to selfcast RF (as long as they don't use other spells; if they do, it's a big one), and in relative terms it might actually be a buff (cause everything else lost so much more power while RF barely lost any, at least for life based), but the change itself was definitely a nerf. And they might still nerf the burning damage support gem, seeing how they operated up til now...

It seams you don't understand (or maybe I).
MORE multipliers doesn't combine together.
All increased and reduced modifiers are additive.
All more and less modifiers are multiplicative.

So if you have 2 support gems which gives 50% MORE and 2 25% increase this means:
100% * (1 + 0.25 + 0.25) * 1.5 * 1.5 = 337.5!
NOT 100% * (1 + 0.25 + 0.25) * (1 + 0.5 + 0.5) = 300!

Am i right?
Last edited by CBEToffOP on Aug 2, 2017, 8:06:51 AM
I am still excited for new content and QoL changes but not rly for balanced changes:(

ES overnerf, Barrage unchanged but no love for old weaker skills such as sweep, groundslam ...
Harder exping in endgame, Tougher bosses but reward unchanged, VP/macros/1shot balance still here, No change to reflect? ...
No change to movement skills, attack or movement speed at all ...

You have had a good opportunity to make significant changes to gameplay before 3.0 hits ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info