[3.1] Juggernaut Bladeflurry Lab Farmer - Make a TON of currency with a cheap build.

I'm missing something here cause I run out of mana plus I die in uber lab.

My current gear:

Last edited by Silence3000 on Feb 2, 2018, 5:15:09 PM
any reccomendition for cheap sword?
"
I'm missing something here cause I run out of mana plus I die in uber lab.

you have the mana leech mod on your off-hand, and your off-hand don't hit, so you don't leech mana
get the mod on a ring and you'll be fine with mana
This is my first league even doing uber lab, much less farming it. After I ran it with my Necro, I was like "damn. this isn't so bad. why was i such a pussy last league?" I went looking for a fast-ish, safe farmer. I looked at Paws's farmer and it looked meh. Decided to give this one a shot.

Here are some tips for newcomers:
First, ignore tooltip DPS for Blade Flurry. It's meaningless. Mine shows 4,000. Path of Building has me at over 280,000 in my lab setup, and around 350,000 with my mapping gear.

Second, if you think that determination is unnecessary at 90% phys reduction from armour, you're wrong. Check the wiki to see how armour works in this game. Essentially, though, the bigger the hit, the less mitigation you get from armour--so overcapping it is not meaningless at all; it's actually quite useful against Izaro's and Minotaur's slams.

Third, endurance charges mean more than anything else for damage mitigation from all sources, including traps. Use enduring cry every time you leapslam into a pack and immediately against Izaro. The trap pylon thingies in lab also count as enemies and can be used to keep your charges up.

Fourth, get mana leech on a ring. It's not explicitly stated anywhere in the guide and it was a major issue for me for a long time. I ran a mana flask, then I specced into the mana and life leech nodes down by the slayer start. Someone a few pages back mentioned getting leech on a ring and .31% of phys was enough for me to spec out of those nodes.

Finally, don't try to facetank izaro without 70k armour and at 6 least end charges. Anyone who says they can is either lying or got izaro on an easy day and assumed it would always be like that. Some of his modifiers are dangerous as fuck.

=================OTHER THOUGHTS================

I tried a few different variations. I ran Unstoppable instead of Unrelenting for a long time (until 85 or so) because it felt really good in maps. I also found that never being able to be slowed below base speed mitigated a lot of the more dangerous traps in lab. However, after a while, I decided that I was a bit too squish in lab, which is what this build was originally supposed to be all about.

I swapped unstoppable for Unrelenting and it's been a big improvement in survivability both in lab and in maps. I also got a +1 charge Perseverance; I'm not sure how big of a difference the extra charge makes because I did it at the same time, but it feels great.

I use Kaom's Roots to maintain the "can't be slowed" perk. They make gearing a bit more difficult and I had to drop my CWDT setup, but at 8 end charges I found Immortal Call to actually be a detriment.

I use Carnage Heart for the life leech. It makes Izaro even easier to facetank and the damage increase while leeching is a nice perk.

I've started using Nebuloch in maps. The degen sucks a dick in lab. We outregen it, but you can't outregen it *and* traps. In maps, the degen is easily mitigated between leech and regen and the damage boost is AMAZING.

I run HoA at all times instead of Arctic Armour.

I run Hatred in maps and swap to Determination in lab.

I was running Added Fire Damage in my main links and an Abyssal Belt. I decided that I wanted the extra mitigation from Fortify and did some numbers in PoB. I lost about 40k DPS swapping from the belt (and added phys damage jewel) to Perseverance and swapping Added Fire for Fortify. In return, I get more attack speed and more damage mitigation. It feels REALLY good in lab and very smooth in maps. I was planning on swapping back and forth for mapping, but I don't think I need to anymore. I don't miss the damage at all.

Finally, early on I dropped a couple of % increased armour nodes on the tree for Precision and Versatility. It means that I'm only at 89% phys reduction with Determination up and no flasks, but the nodes do three things for me: makes gearing easier because of the bonus Dex and Int, gives me increased attack speed for building BF stacks, and more movement speed for QoL.

Feel free to check out my character here or in PoB and ask any questions you may have!

edit: I forgot to mention that for the next four levels, I will be picking Armour Mastery back up and then the life and armour node next to the Juggernaut notable. Realistically, unless you REALLY like clearing maps slow as shit, 90 is about as far as you can take this character.
Last edited by MasterWilhelm on Feb 8, 2018, 12:49:08 PM
Why should i use Vortex and Punishment ? Why not Vulnerability ?
still sane exile ? Nope
"
kurofafi wrote:

First, if I understand the way Punishment works correctly, it isn't affected by the reduced effect of curses on bosses, because hitting someone cursed with punishment grants the Punisher buff to you, rather than debuffing the boss. Curse effect passives interact with it normally, though, so it's possible I'm wrong about that.

Regardless of curse effect interactions, though, Punisher gives WAY more damage than Vulnerability. Vuln only gives increased damage, not MORE damage. If we were stacking bleed, it might be worth it, but we're not. It's further improved by the fact that even after you've killed the mob affected by Punishment, you still keep Punisher for a bit.

edit: being hit by, not hitting an enemy procs punisher. This makes it way less cool than I thought it was.
Last edited by MasterWilhelm on Feb 15, 2018, 12:36:22 PM
"
MasterWilhelm wrote:
"
kurofafi wrote:

First, if I understand the way Punishment works correctly, it isn't affected by the reduced effect of curses on bosses, because hitting someone cursed with punishment grants the Punisher buff to you, rather than debuffing the boss. Curse effect passives interact with it normally, though, so it's possible I'm wrong about that.

Regardless of curse effect interactions, though, Punisher gives WAY more damage than Vulnerability. Vuln only gives increased damage, not MORE damage. If we were stacking bleed, it might be worth it, but we're not. It's further improved by the fact that even after you've killed the mob affected by Punishment, you still keep Punisher for a bit.

Here's how I've come to understand it:
While the wording is different, "enemies take x% increased damage" and "you have x% more damage" have essentially the same effect. The keyword here is "take": that means that the modifier affects the final damge that is inflicted on the enemy, similarly to how "more" modifiers sit at the end of the formula, before taking into account enemy attributes. The most meaningful difference is how one shows up in your tooltip DPS and the other doesn't.

As for which one is better, that's debatable: punishment might be better against melee bosses because it also gives attack speed, but vulnerability is more effective against trash and gives "free" maim. Also, the former also gives a bonus to elemental attacks while the latter benefits mostly phys damage.

I'm not sure if reduced curse effect works like you said on punishment, we need someone from GGG to chime in.
"
eddylight wrote:
"
MasterWilhelm wrote:
"
kurofafi wrote:

Here's how I've come to understand it:
While the wording is different, "enemies take x% increased damage" and "you have x% more damage" have essentially the same effect. The keyword here is "take": that means that the modifier affects the final damge that is inflicted on the enemy, similarly to how "more" modifiers sit at the end of the formula, before taking into account enemy attributes. The most meaningful difference is how one shows up in your tooltip DPS and the other doesn't.

As for which one is better, that's debatable: punishment might be better against melee bosses because it also gives attack speed, but vulnerability is more effective against trash and gives "free" maim. Also, the former also gives a bonus to elemental attacks while the latter benefits mostly phys damage.

I'm not sure if reduced curse effect works like you said on punishment, we need someone from GGG to chime in.

Nice. Thanks.

I've actually switched to Vuln myself. Shaper dropped a starforge for me the other night and I've been experimenting with build variations. I'm now doing bleed cleave and Vuln scales better...plus it has that rad elder amulet that removes the mana reservation for running it with blasphemy.

Interesting to note is that Vuln feels much smoother than Punishment. Even though PoB shows higher top-end damage with Punishment, I think vuln feels smoother because most trash mobs never get a chance to hit us to proc Punisher. Even with punishment on CWDT, it's unlikely a mob would get a chance to hit a second time. Izaro would, so maybe it would be worth leaving it in the CWDT if you're not running a curse aura. I dunno.
Hey Norse, quick question here.

If you use this build as League Starter, what's your strategy regarding leveling? Do you do maps with BF (bad?) or just do merc lab until you can do Uber?

Im kinda scared because Norse stated that the build is bad on maps..
Hey Norse

I'm considering running this build to start off bestiary with. Worried about how likely it'll be to get a good enough set of weapons on the first day of the league to run lab with. Do you think it'll be easy to get a high enough pdps weapon on day 1, possibly uniques?

Are uniques (scaeva, ichimonji I guess) good enough?

More importantly, with shaper rolled stat sticks out of the question what off hand would be best? Only one I can think of is doon cuebiyari, and that doesn't add too much. Any recommendations here?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info