MEZIR wrote:
"
Vigen wrote:

Endurance charges: 4% more Melee Attack damage & 4% physical damage reduction

Endurance charge is DEFENSIVE CHARGES

I like this... But it is WEAK.

They must be MORE something.

Like MORE ARMOUR.
So a Juggernaut can have something like 50K armour and have some damage with him

You missed basically the whole point of my post.

Which wasn't how i wanted charges to look like, but how the changes to charges made by GGG were highly inconsistent. and how via the framework they themselves have put in place, charges should have looked like to remain coherent and consistent within their own framework.
I am not sure if this will be read since there are so many responses. This is in regard to the charge changes. I posted this in another thread.

"
This power charge change will be taken regardless of going crit or not for spell build. GGG made it too tempting that not going for it would be a loss as a caster. As for crit melee and wander builds, they suffered more out of this change. They will need to go BOTH frenzy and power charge to regain the loss. Spell builds........just go power charge and you are good to go.

While you are trying to curve the power creep and I do not have a lot of issues with this, I feel that the current iteration you presented us a few days back will arise more problems in 3.0 and beyond. As I stated in the quote, spell builds (be it crit or not) will find it too tempting not to have power charge in their build setup and with a lot of utilities (especially with arcane surge), I feel it will not be an issue to maintain power charges. Frenzy charges seems much less tempting for spell builds since you can get cast speed via support gems, lightning golem, passive tree, and even some of the ascendancy classes. Less investment to repeat the same performance before the charge changes.

As for crit melee, bow (forgot to mention this), and wander builds, they will need to invest in BOTH frenzy and power charges to try matching with spell build's performance. Before the change, it was good enough for these three build types to invest in one.

In summary, this change does not hurt spell builds that much compare to the other build types out there. Spell builds just need to invest (worth it) into power charge, and they will be fine. The rest may need to invest in both to yield something. It would been best if the charges were straight off nerfed instead of making them more restrictive.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 30, 2017, 4:59:04 AM
Just an idea to throw at the community to make charges seem less biased towards melee, caster, ranged builds.

Why not add "X% Elemental damage added per charge" depending on the charges color. Like fire for red, cold for green, and lightning for blue.

You could also add a completely new charge that adds something chaos based. Possibly a purple charge?
Just a thought. Thank you for your time and efforts.
As always thank you for your time. Be well Exiles.
Last edited by Gandicar on Jul 30, 2017, 5:52:18 AM
I wanna be fair and try to list some Pros and Cons.

Some argumets for the pro GGG's Nerfs:
1.) trivializing Boss-fight (killing them in less than 10 seconds f.e.)
is NOT what this game is about.
2.) Clearing Maps in less than 2 or 3 minutes (including the Boss) is not really what this endgame content is about.
3.) facetanking the hardest Bosses in the game is not really what the Boss
fights meant to be.
4.) OneShotting every single trash mob and even magic or unique foe'S is even
NOT what the mobs are designed for.

Here are some arguments against all these GGG's Nerfs:
1.) CI in combination with VP was far too good. So, removing the nodes behind
CI was a good idea. Removing VP for ES is acceptable as well. Goal reached =>
ES-Chars cannot facetank anymore. But GGG has gone too far:

a.) nerfing GhostReaver as well could be considered as a "meeeeeh - well..."
b.) But GGG let the Nerf-SledgeHammer circling! Nerfing the ES-values on items
c.) Nerfing/removing the crafting mods on jewelery
e.) and even nerfing discipline!

IMHO this is gone far to far! Comparing ES to life is ridicilous since ES chars
mostly have no or low damage midigation! (So they need more HPs) Not mentioning the fact they have to deal with stun and freeze......

2.) Removing the double-dipping thing is all-in-all a good choice that the
community not really is complaining about. But even here GGG lets the Nerf-Sledgehamme circling!
a.) reducing crit.
b.) reducing DOT. (or maybe worthless)
c.) and even reducing the shock-value of vaal-lightning-trap to 20% (former 50%)
could be considered as an OK-choice. But overall ???

Overall these choices make me think that the so called "experienced" QA-Team is wearing no surgical gloves, but acting like a bulldozer!
GREETINGS!
My InGameName: Aui
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
And the last, i'm kinda worried about your recent practice to "fix" weak skills (or simple change how they work) with threshold jewels, while "support gems" now seem to take "more damage" role. Just look at all those new gems you've introduced - most of them are nothing more than "more DPS" multipliers, without changing how skill actually works. While most "ultility" support gems (that dont grant raw DPS power) are too weak to be considered as an alternative. Players intentionally avoid using gems like Knockback, Stun, Life Leech, Mana Leech, Reduced Mana, etc. IF they need knockback, they rather use "free" knockback from passives like King of the Hill, if they need leech, they'd rather use "free" leech from Warlord's mark, or nodes like Vitality Void, Berserker's ascendancy. Reduced Mana could potentially be used for build stacking 100% reduced mana cost, but get provides too small value to even consider such a build. Most "utility" support gems (maybe, with an exception of GMP/LMP and sometimes) are far too weak, and should be buffed drastically, or even changed/merged, to be worthy rivals to "more DPS" supports. Sure, it's far harder to make "utility" support gem viable, that mere "more DPS" gem, but then, your players will say "wow, here is a REAL diversity", and, i bet, will be far more happy with that.

Good point and we have discussed this long time ago. I would prefer support gems being utility (such as kb, leech, lmp..) rather than just more damage multiplier.

Last edited by Rakiii on Jul 30, 2017, 7:27:34 AM
Don't beat yourselves up. You guys are clearly hard at work and we appreciate it.

Keep in mind that while some changes may be pushed hard by a portion of the community, the portion that reacts poorly to the changes may in fact be a different one completely. Theres a lot of poe players so I dont think its the same people who are upset with the changes.

Ultimately its not an easy choice as to which side you listen to.
IGN: @GreenDude
"
GreenDude wrote:
Don't beat yourselves up. You guys are clearly hard at work and we appreciate it.

Keep in mind that while some changes may be pushed hard by a portion of the community, the portion that reacts poorly to the changes may in fact be a different one completely. Theres a lot of poe players so I dont think its the same people who are upset with the changes.

I think the major problem is that GGG tries to make a shit ton of new content AND balance at the same time. That is just a recipe for disaster, which is why this whole 3.0 patch looks like a complete shitshow. Most companies do not attempt to try and make massive balance changes when they introduce a crazy amount of new content, unless they give themselves a significant amount of time (i.e. see Reaper of Souls which put Diablo 3 back on the map, the Blizzard devs gave themselves WAY more time to balance things out PRIOR to releasing new content AND balance).

GGG committed a major blunder here by trying to do too much with too little time, and they are most definitely rushing to hit August 4th for whatever reason. They should have just delayed the patch by a month at the very least for extra time to polish balance.
I have total faith in your balancing. The charges were broken and keeping them the way they are, would be giving in to a loud minority, that doesn't have the perspective to see what the game needs.

Personally i feel like the 4% more spell dmg might still be to much, since we get dmg where there was none before. And we usually have enough dmg. But i am open to see how that plays out.
Last edited by jingbandit on Jul 30, 2017, 12:42:39 PM
The changes to power and frenzy charges are stupid AF.

Why restrict gameplay? WHY?!!?!?!

Next patch we will have dps/tank/healer specializations.

-.- ROFLMAO
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:

I think the major problem is that GGG tries to make a shit ton of new content AND balance at the same time. That is just a recipe for disaster, which is why this whole 3.0 patch looks like a complete shitshow. Most companies do not attempt to try and make massive balance changes when they introduce a crazy amount of new content, unless they give themselves a significant amount of time (i.e. see Reaper of Souls which put Diablo 3 back on the map, the Blizzard devs gave themselves WAY more time to balance things out PRIOR to releasing new content AND balance).

GGG committed a major blunder here by trying to do too much with too little time, and they are most definitely rushing to hit August 4th for whatever reason. They should have just delayed the patch by a month at the very least for extra time to polish balance.

Absolutely agree. You are 100% right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info