On Balance Feedback and Charge Changes

"
GGG_Neon wrote:

It would be very useful to hear your explanation of why certain builds or items have been damaged (or improved too much) by the change, with specifics and explanations. Many of the posts so far have just said "X is ruined". While the initial feedback has been somewhat helpful, proper discussion and analysis from the community will really help us fine-tune (or abandon) this change.

I saw someone mention the DoTs, for example. Given that frenzy charges only work with attacks now, do they improve the damages of Caustic Arrow's cloud ? Poisons ? Bleed ? I know they do with Trickster now, but in general ? That is something huge to take into consideration.
Thank you for your clarity Chris. The whole business of Q&A not playing the game is an excuse or strawman to help an argument with no backbone or facts behind it. Hyped to test it out and we have faith in you GGG!
"
GGG_Neon wrote:

Charges

We will re-evaluate the Power and Frenzy charges situation over the weekend. It would be very useful to hear your explanation of why certain builds or items have been damaged (or improved too much) by the change, with specifics and explanations. Many of the posts so far have just said "X is ruined". While the initial feedback has been somewhat helpful, proper discussion and analysis from the community will really help us fine-tune (or abandon) this change.

Tulfall is now completely useless. And while, yes, it was useless before, now it doesn't make sense at all.

The same thing goes for the new Unique chest that grants frenzy charges for trapper. With that mod all you get is AS for movement speed.
This thread is the most blatant lie I've seen on these forums yet.

EDIT: referring to the first paragraph about 1000 hours of experience. Or maybe 40days of AFK trading counts.

Additionally CEO posting damage control posts like this really crumbles GGG's credibility.

I am sure that most long time players are just afraid of another 1,5 years of stale meta builds, without any balance changes (since GGG does not want to ruin casual 3 hours a week players journey in std league to build he chose to play) leading into handful of cookie cutter builds that will be played in every race, 1 week, 2 week, 3 month ladder starts. Or boss farming. Leaving huge balance changes such as chill, shock and charge changes to last week of official 3.0 release is just unprofessional and leads to awkward stub of 3-month league.
Beta-key at all costs, Beta-key in spite of all terror,
Beta-key however long and hard the road may be;
for without Beta-key, there is no survival.
Last edited by Vivre on Jul 28, 2017, 9:39:04 AM
I'm not a huge fan of casters now being unable to utilize frenzy charges, the fact that we could build frenzy charges were really cool however I actually barely ever build my spellcaster builds around frenzy. Having the option was nice.

The powercharge buff is actually quite nice, i like it and that we can now use powercharges for spellcasters that do not utilize crit.

However I feel like everybody has been requesting a vinktar nerf for a very long time without specifying what was wrong about it. Vinktar's life-leech is way too high to the point where it lets a non-lightning build completely mitigate reflect and becomes mandatory for too many builds, damage was never really an issue of vinktar, the mana leech removal i would say is a bad thing even though i was hugely in favor of getting vinktar nerfed.

I'm also not a massive fan of the fact that you only need to get 4 agnerods and the droprate of vinktar is then a 100% if it was more similar to atziri and shaper by having other items in the drop table that would help alongside nerfing the leech down to 5-10%
@Zizaran ingame
"
I saw someone mention the DoTs, for example. Given that frenzy charges only work with attacks now, do they improve the damages of Caustic Arrow's cloud ? Poisons ? Bleed ? I know they do with Trickster now, but in general ? That is something huge to take into consideration.

The current stat is "x% More Damage with Attack Skills" meaning it would apply to damaging ailments, Caustic Arrow.
Yea okay Chris "Goddess Unleashed is a powerful weapon" Wilson. Still waiting on that 1m+ dps beta poison build that magically justifies nerfing poison even more.
Last edited by Coil1 on Jul 28, 2017, 9:03:58 AM
I am happy whatever you do, I believe the team / GGG is in the best position to take game changing decisions, not the "Never Satisfied" Thread Troll that spews out it's dissatisfaction whenever the opportunity rises.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
I like the charge changes. It forces out different/new builds and some of the insanely OP builds gets nerfed.

Reddit is over reacting like usually.
I am not sure restricting various builds by segregating frenzy and power to spell and attack skills is the way to go in a game that thrives on building a multitude of builds that actually work and allow people to play their way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info