On Balance Feedback and Charge Changes

I think you guys took a step in the right direction with shock and chill. I can even understand the nerf to crit chance on power charges. The frenzy charge change I think is the biggest problem. You have skills, passives, and unique items that allow spells and traps to get frenzy charges that would now be useless.
Man it's hilarious seeing people trash GGG's decision even though it made a lot of sense, and then either provide no replacement idea of their own or provide a terrible one like "make frenzy more attack and spell damage" or "make frenzy phys and spell elemental damage".
"
ruzga wrote:
"
GGG_Neon wrote:

We will re-evaluate the Power and Frenzy charges situation over the weekend. It would be very useful to hear your explanation of why certain builds or items have been damaged (or improved too much) by the change, with specifics and explanations. Many of the posts so far have just said "X is ruined". While the initial feedback has been somewhat helpful, proper discussion and analysis from the community will really help us fine-tune (or abandon) this change.

why frenzy nerf is bad by Bakedchicken
https://clips.twitch.tv/RichPrettyDootKeyboardCat

you mean baked "crybaby" chicken?
I guess people can go play D3 instead of PoE since you're turning into the obedient sheep in the herd, like all other games out there...
Path of exile was all about the crazy stuff and fun...
Not a pidgeonhole - for what was a pretty awesome game ... at least for a while.
Slippery slope GGG... you might enjoy a 3.0 launch that will resemble D3 launch, a deserted game very soon...
Sad changes overall.
"
Would be interesting to get a reasoning for the charge changes, they seem a bit strange.

Posted this in previous thread, thanks for further explanation. Might be an ok change, testing will show.
RE: The Frenzy charge changes.

Discharge & Tulfall.

Tulfall now feels borderline useless if Spells don't benefit from Frenzy charges. There are no attacks that benefit from Tulfall's cold damage bonus consistently.

Discharge should probably have the Frenzy charge portion buffed significantly (among other changes...) to make up for the lost 'more damage' from the change.

I've been playing a Tulfall self-cast Discharge. Whilst not very -good- it has been incredibly fun, but with the Frenzy changes it's simply not going to work very well any more.
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Provide more uses for power charges on spellcasters (especially non-crit ones).[/li]

How do you plan to get those non-crit casters to generate Power Charges in important situations like bosses where on-kill generation is not availabe?

There is no on-hit Power Charge generation. Only on-crit. So non-crit casters can't produce the charges to begin with for them to use them.

Much balance.
First reddit (aka community lul) was crying because of meta, now reddit crying cuz nerfs killing their slowpoke builds. Gj ggg, trigger them more.
Thanks
Last edited by tobbe628 on Jun 19, 2019, 10:38:55 AM
"
villur wrote:
Just something I want to add. 3.0 is THE time to make these big changes, dont back down because a vocal MINORITY is like "hurr durr muh niche build doesn't make much sense anymore".
Now while I like these changes the consequences that it introduced need to be changed accordingly and then I think its an overall improvement.

Just calling us "minority" doesn't make it true.

It DOES hurt build diversity.
Last edited by darkmatch on Jul 28, 2017, 9:46:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info