[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

78 lvl now and have some questions:
1. Why Immortal Call is used? It lasts 0,4s and allmost useless. Mb it's better to take some Vaal Grace etc?
2. Maybe it's better to take Brutal Fevour ASAP? Bleeding immunity is so strong, and phys reflect... just avoid it.
3. For me Winterheart Gold Amulet is realy good unique for leveling and even for late game cause huge cold res and chill immunity.
P.S. Is this build Atziri/UberAtziri viable for your opinion?
Also, where to find more HP? 4k seems pretty low now...
Last edited by lorrey on Aug 13, 2017, 4:50:36 PM
"
lorrey wrote:
78 lvl now and have some questions:
1. Why Immortal Call is used? It lasts 0,4s and allmost useless. Mb it's better to take some Vaal Grace etc?
2. Maybe it's better to take Brutal Fevour ASAP? Bleeding immunity is so strong, and phys reflect... just avoid it.
3. For me Winterheart Gold Amulet is realy good unique for leveling and even for late game cause huge cold res and chill immunity.
P.S. Is this build Atziri/UberAtziri viable for your opinion?
Also, where to find more HP? 4k seems pretty low now...

1. It may seem useless, but there are many instances where .4s of phys immunity saves you. It's pretty widely regarded as the best and mandatory on builds with low physical damage reduction.

2. I've done both, in beta I took the right side first, and in 3.0 thanks to a comment by Dave I took his advice and tried the left side first. While leveling and doing early maps I definitely noticed Bane and Headsman seemed to be most beneficial early on, and to compensate I just rolled a Bleed Immune flask. Avoiding phys reflect means you have to sell or spend currency to reroll maps you want to run. I felt like the time and currency saved was worth.

3. Winterheart looks like a great option. Freeze is about the only thing that scares me, I actually have 2 flask rolled with Freeze/chill immunity. The only thing you lose is having Int and Phys Dmg on your ammy, but 100% chill immune might be worth it. I will def grab one of these and see how it feels.

When it comes down to it, this is just a guide. Make adjustments according to what feels best for you all that matters is that you're having fun and accomplishing what you want with the build.

-I haven't tried, but it should be viable since your Whirl Blade speed is so high, it should be easy to dodge all her stuff.

-Get mid/high life rolls on gear. I currently have 288 life on my gear, and no % life on my jewels and am sitting at 4,700 health.

Lets say you get high tier 2/low tier 1 life on all gear. 70 life on rings + ammy, 80 life on gloves, boots, belt and 5% life on all 4 jewels. That would be 480 life on gear with 20% increased life. I ran these calcs in PoB and it put me about 5,600. This should be really easy and somewhat cheap because you only need life and 2 res on each gear, since we use so many rares it's easy to cap res with each piece of gear only having 2 res. If you farm up 6-10 ex or craft one, a 6 link Belly of the Beast with a 80 life helm will get you about 6,200 life.
Last edited by TheNotoriousPIG on Aug 13, 2017, 11:22:46 PM
Hey guys,

I'm playing this build in harbinger and don't really know where to go next. I'm lv79 and have 100k DPS fully buffed (maim, punishment, full life, leaching, killed recently, ancestral protector, blood rage, frenzy) and 4.8k hp, full PoB is below. I find clear speed to be very fast in <T7 maps but whenever I try bosses in ~T10 maps they take forever and I find it hard to finish without using up most of the portals or getting help form guildies. Any recommendations about what to change with the build for more deeps without sacrificing too much def? I have about 2ex that I'm sitting on atm.

Here are some of the changes I have made/deviations I noticed from NotoriousPIG's current character (I lurked it on PoB import!):
- I run chaos golem/lightning golem depending on if I need the phys reduction or want a bit more speed with whirling blades
- I have not taken iron reflexes and sit at 3008 armour and 1877 evasion
- I changed the gems a bit and use cwdt-IC-PR-lv6 punishment, manually cast blood rage (which I find is up 95% of the time in maps). This was so that I could link whirling blades to blood rage to solve my mana issues
- My OH rare claw has ~236pDPS, which is less than OPs current claw by about 20pDPS
- I don't have +phys on my rings but have +7-13phys on my amulet

Here is the PoB link: https://pastebin.com/Jjq0e3dk any help would be appreciated!
"
Dahj wrote:
Hey guys,

edit: I just did some google searching, and apparently there are a few reddit post about DoFL working with Blood Rage if your regen is > degen. I'm going to test this out myself. Besides that, I have no idea why you're DPs is so low, I looked at your PoB, then I imported mine and checked all the boxes and it brought me to right around 300k DPS. I'm going to make a quick video and post it up.

I'm playing this build in harbinger and don't really know where to go next. I'm lv79 and have 100k DPS fully buffed (maim, punishment, full life, leaching, killed recently, ancestral protector, blood rage, frenzy) and 4.8k hp, full PoB is below. I find clear speed to be very fast in <T7 maps but whenever I try bosses in ~T10 maps they take forever and I find it hard to finish without using up most of the portals or getting help form guildies.

Hey Dahj, about the only thing I see is that you have DoFL (Damage on Full Life) gem, yet Blood Rage degens you. I'm pretty sure the degen will cause your DoFL to not be up nearly enough, if at all. If that's the case then you're losing 47% more damage. I also use Stone Golem for more sustain, since our low Int makes Chaos Golem die so much. Atziri's Promise Flask also adds a lot of damage.

I just completed a tier 14 Volcano map with Ele Weakness, 18% phys Reflect, 60% less recovery and monsters poison on hit. I did die twice on the boss, but I think it's ridiculous that I was even able to complete it on my cheap ass gear as a melee build.
Last edited by TheNotoriousPIG on Aug 14, 2017, 2:00:38 AM
Ok, guys, I've played this build to lvl 86, Atziri and uber lab done (0 death and killed uber Argus and Izzaro easily, no problems with uber traps either - very high life regen (>480 atm) helps a lot). Now doing t10+ maps

First.. here is my pastebin link - https://pastebin.com/cHApdXDE . You can copy it and then Path of Building use 'Import/export build' and press the 'Import from Pastebin' button.

You can see my gear and tree. I made some changes compared to the original build by TheNotoriousPIG (thanks to him for his great job!). I really think Blade Barrier, Aspect of the Panther and Weapon Artistry are vital to this build. Besides nice damage bonuses they give block chance and you should not neglect it. Block chance is a good addition to our survival means. Do not forget that BoR has a chance for Endurance Charge on block ) For mana leech i use 1 jewel with 0.2%+ mana leech on it.

Then I took Combat Stamina. Why life regen is important? It adds to our life leech rate due to the Brutal Fervour. And our total life per second (combined from life leech and life regen) becomes 2800+ per second ( I have 2320 life leech rate and 488 life per second)! For that high life regen you need to use Stone Golem. Flame Golem is nice but it is very squishy and its damage boost is not very noticable in high tier maps anyway (20% increased damage at lvl20 it is not more so give just a bit of dps). I think better be more tanky.

For more dps I use Belt of the Deceiver it gives huge 10% increased damage taken by monsters so it works like a multiplier. For reference without it i have 403k total DPS and with it - 441k. It is because it intimidates all enemies in 25 unit radius.

For amulet you should use Carnage Heart. It gives very needed All Attributes + up to 40% increased damage while leeching and we leech 99% of the time. And do not forget it gives us up to 2% life leech too. I don't think you can find a better amulet for this build. It has no life... but still I have 5400 life. Jewels are good too but only with 6%+ life and at least 1 damage bonus. Do not use them without % increased maximum life stat - no point in doing that.

Lion's Roar flask is a musthave too! Huge DPS boost and it is a granite flask so +armour helps as well.

Now about offhand. Singularity! It is cheap and very effective. DO NOT LOOK AT INGAME DPS TOOLTIP!! Use PoB. With Singularity in off-and (and with the 'is the enemy hindered' checked in PoB configurations) you get 80% perma increased damage! And you then only need to concentrate on buying a good main hand claw. For more information - with my main hand claw (317 DPS) + Singularity I have 441k total DPS. While if I would equip two claws with 317 DPS both i get only 402k DPS. You can see that for yourself in the pastebin link i gave above.

About gems in BoR. Blade Flurry - Ruthless - Maim - Chance to Bleed. Technically speakin Added Fire damage is a tiny bit better than Chance to Bleed but you will get less life leech because our main life leech source is physical damage which Added fire damage gem doesn't provide at all. But you can use it if you like. And of course Concentrated Effect is better than any of those support gems but at a price - it makes mapping clunky and replacing it with Inc. Area damage drops our DPS by a huge ammount! So I personally like Ruthless more. And bosses melt in seconds anyway.

The last but not the least - Blood rage gem (with 20% quality!). IT is awesome! Ust it. The damage you gain from it is very huge. To compare with Damage at full life gem I have 432k total DPS while with 3 Frenzy charges from Blood rage I have 441k. And besides Blood Rage leeches! Another reason - we are NOT always at full life. Losing even 10 life drops our DPS significantly. So I really think using Blade Rage is better.

This is my skill tree atm just in case - http://poeurl.com/bslh

Last edited by Garfunkel on Aug 14, 2017, 6:46:37 AM
"
Garfunkel wrote:
Ok, guys, I've played this build to lvl 86, Atziri and uber lab done (0 death and killed uber Argus and Izzaro easily, no problems with uber traps either - very high life regen (>480 atm) helps a lot). Now doing t10+ maps

Now about offhand. Singularity!

(for claws) do not buy flat life gain like +40 life per target cos it is not leeching)

Damn, that's amazing. I don't think I'll have time to play until Tuesday night, but I'm definitely going to try some of those changes as soon as I can and add the options into the build.

Also, you can use a claw with +40 (instead of % leech) because we get leech from our skill tree as well as Carnage Heart if you use it. Might even be better since the flat health on hit is instant and the leech from other sources would be over time.
"

Also, you can use a claw with +40 (instead of % leech) because we get leech from our skill tree as well as Carnage Heart if you use it. Might even be better since the flat health on hit is instant and the leech from other sources would be over time.

It is a good point! Really. We have enough % life leech. Then claws with flat life AND mana gain is the best - then we have 0 mana issues on no-leech maps and we don't have to use %mana leech jewel. I edited my post above accordingly. Thanks.

Some additional tips from me - if you run phys reflect maps just replace Chance to Bleed gem with Added Fire Damage. So i have Added Fire gem in my swap weapon just for convenience )
Got almost 700k dps on build with singularity but 4k hp now and need to fix resists https://pastebin.com/XaC2GAdP

Edit: Ok so i have bigger dmg than on bloodseeker but its a bit harder to play. Just random monsters in t10 killing me.
Last edited by jachuu138 on Aug 14, 2017, 11:23:00 AM
"
jachuu138 wrote:
Got almost 700k dps on build with singularity but 4k hp now and need to fix resists https://pastebin.com/XaC2GAdP

Edit: Ok so i have bigger dmg than on bloodseeker but its a bit harder to play. Just random monsters in t10 killing me.

It is not bloodseeker - it is your low defensive stats:
51% cold , 60% fire, 4106 Life... not enough for t10 maps. Your resistances MUST be 75%+. Do not go all dps. Life leech rate 1600 is low too. 2k+ is recommended. Use Temporal Chains with CWDT (3lvl).

Why did you take Fencing when with those 4 points you can take Weapon Artistry and Aspect of the Panther giving you much more damage and block chance and and some life!
Also, isn't it better to take 5% life node just below Golem's Blood instead of +10 dext? You will get that 10 dex from Weapon Artistry

And for some reason you didn't take Master of Arena and Bravery? Very strange. Also , why spend 3 points and take jewel socket above Herbalism when you can spend only 2 points and take a socket just below Barbarism. ANd you will have more strength that way do not forget that strength = life and %phys damage.
Last edited by Garfunkel on Aug 14, 2017, 11:53:11 AM
"
You can see my gear and tree. I made some changes compared to the original build by TheNotoriousPIG (thanks to him for his great job!). I really think Blade Barrier, Aspect of the Panther and Weapon Artistry are vital to this build. Besides nice damage bonuses they give block chance and you should not neglect it. Block chance is a good addition to our survival means. Do not forget that BoR has a chance for Endurance Charge on block ) For mana leech i use 1 jewel with 0.2%+ mana leech on it.

what should i respect for Blade barrier, aspect of the panther, weapon artistry ? ( currently level 82)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info