[3.9] The Bringer of Leech - Blade Flurry -League Starter -Budget-New Player Friendly!

"
I know overleech allow you to keep leeching but most of his leech will be dependent on Bloodseeker. The impact of it is minimal. Compare to Berseker 100% leech for example, you can releech any nuke if you survive it. I am also aware of the 10% more, but you can always take War Bringer and stack endurance,it will be 12% flat reduction just from the base 3; a little bit of pathing you can get 20% flat reduction. You lose the 100% leech but it doesn't matter much unless you want to facetank. And Raider with 20% more from frenzy and 50% dodge chance also offer better survival than just overleech and reflect reduction.

I am not saying Slayer is bad, it is just in between for this build. Slayer is meant for 2 hand consistent leech. Sure we can utilize some of it's node; but I just feel it is lackluster compare to other options

Garfunkel pretty much hit on all the points, but I'll add that 100% leech from Zerker sounds impressive, but it's all about Max Life Leeched Per Second. Lets say you have 5k hp, dealing 300k DPS with 30% Max Life Leeched Per Second and proc Zerkers 100% leech, you still will only get 1,500 life leeched per second... and once you reach full life, it all goes away. They could buff it to 500% of damage leeched as life after taking a savage hit... and you'd still only leech 1,500 per second as long as your max life leeched per second limits you, and all the extra is ignored.

From the Wiki: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Leech
"
Whenever a character hits an enemy while having an applicable source of leech, a leech instance is created on that character. Each leech instance is independent, and will heal the character for Damage Dealt #% damage leeched as life at a default rate of 2% of that character's maximum health per second. Thus, each leech instance will have a different duration, calculated as (HealAmount / (MaximumHealthPool * 0.02) ). Each leech instance will stack and apply to the character simultaneously until it expires or the character is at full life. However, if the total leech per second from all leech instances is greater than the character's leech cap, the extra healing will be ignored.[3] By default, this cap is 20% of that character's maximum life pool.

With slayer, you get an extra 10% from Brutal Fervor for a total of 38% Max Life Leeched Per Second and it doesn't go away at full life. At 5k health, you will be instantly healing 1,900 life per second from your main hand and you will be healing 1,900 life per second over the length of the second from your off hand claw/dagger/sword.

Anything besides a one shot will have a hard time killing this build. Even if you were to stop attacking for a few seconds, there may be thousands of overleech still ticking away from the last few seconds you had been attacking.

I'm not saying Zerker or Raider wouldn't also be good, but here's what Slayer offers
-38% max life leeched/second - (others would only have 20%, up to 28% if they travel to Duelist)
-20% cull is basically a scaling more multiplier. Say you're fighting a boss with 5 million health... your last hit will hit for 20% to cull it, basically ~1,000,000 more damage for that last hit.
-Reduced Phys reflect - I can out leech phys and elemental reflect maps. Saves currency on re-rolling maps and might save your life when you encounter a reflect mob while tearing through a map.
-Stun & Bleed immunity + Onslaught from Bane of Legends- This is damn near like having 3 very nice flask rolls for free. Freedom!
Last edited by TheNotoriousPIG on Aug 9, 2017, 6:23:54 PM
"
Hammerdust wrote:
Has the lack of chaos resistance been a problem for you, or is it fine?

Nope, most builds literally ignore chaos damage and play with -60%. If you have a decent amount of life regen, you will barely notice it. The only time I've ever even cared was with that rogue Exile that shoots Essence Drain, but I just flask through it as I dash to her and attack/leech/kill her in like 2 seconds.
"
jason80 wrote:
At what point should we switch over to Blade Flurry? It looks likes about the time we get the two claws?

Is there a reason not to switch to it as soon as we can use it?

Nope, you really can switch as soon as you like, but Sunder clears a lot faster for very little investment. There is a reason so many racers use Sunder with dual wielded axes. It's super easy to craft axes that allow you to one-shot packs.

I find that my self-found/uber cheap crafted weapons and sunder fall off the closer you get to maps. At that point you can afford a Bloodseeker and a 250+ phys DPS rare claw and do a lot more damage than your Sunder.
What do you think the best pantheons are for this build? Im currently @ 63 and loving it so far
I think the best off-hand for this build is Doryani's Catalyst. Here's why - if you have an invalid weapon in your off-hand then you hit with your main hand only. The output damage is the same. To clarify it - let's suppose you have 2 valid weapons one dealing 1000 phys damage average and the other 900 phys dmg. Then you Blade flurry will first hit once with 1000 and then 900, again - 1000 and 900. But if you have an invalid weapon type for off-hand (for example, mace) Blade Flurry would do like 1000 from main hand then again 1000 from main hand. It is even better cos you need only 1 good dps weapon the second one (invalid type weapon in your off hand is there only purely for global bonuses it gives (not local like 'increased phys damage'). The tooltip DPS will drop but that is just because PoE still can't calculate it correctly. But you still get all the bonuses from dual-wielding.
Here's the fragment from wiki - '
If only one weapon is used, the dual wielding bonuses will still apply; however, the attack rate will be based only on the weapon that is actually used. The tooltip appears to be wrong.'
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dual_wielding

Now why Doryani's Catalyst? 1) it is an invalid type so we can put all our currency into buying a great main hand dps weapon :) 2) it has Elemental damage and 20lvl Elemental Proliferation... PUT Herald of Ash there! Besides it boosts all elemental damage we deal from HoA and Hatred.

Ok that way we can't use Blooseeker since it has quite low pDPS. But on the other hand then we have more overleech (cos we buy a better dps main hand weapon) and it is even better.
What do you think about that ?
Last edited by Garfunkel on Aug 10, 2017, 1:33:45 AM
What about leveling immortall call phase run and cast when dmg taken? Level everything normally or stay on lvl1 cast when dmg taken and 3rd of the reesT?
"
jachuu138 wrote:
What about leveling immortall call phase run and cast when dmg taken? Level everything normally or stay on lvl1 cast when dmg taken and 3rd of the reesT?

ah, good catch. I forgot to put the levels of those. I'm running level 12 CWDT, and lvl 14 Immortal Call and Phase Run. I'll edit that in.
Thank you for this build. I started with a miner this league, but couldn't stand the game play. This is waaaaay more fun.
hey, nice build, but after dropping Simula i have not enough mana
And I was forced to learn Spirit Void for mana leeching
What can u advice?
why i have so small DPS T_T im doing something wrong ?
My items and stats:

http://imgur.com/ybpMmjB

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info