37 degrees Celsius in Europe

And still they refuse to put in a/c. Literally every summer you cook there. They can't even run their PC's, old people die (they don't care), food spoils, and stray cats go wild.

It is every year folks. Not just a freak heatwave every so often.
Censored.
"
diablofdb wrote:
ok... let's just say this if hot temperature would prove global warming what cold temperature would prove? Because in Canada I never experienced such a cold Summer in my entire life. We had snow up here until early June and it's constantly being cold and rainy.

Nothing, obviously. Canada's weather proves nothing about the Earth as a whole. Also a single relevant data point (yearly average global temperature) doesn't prove anything about long term trends.
"
"
diablofdb wrote:
ok... let's just say this if hot temperature would prove global warming what cold temperature would prove? Because in Canada I never experienced such a cold Summer in my entire life. We had snow up here until early June and it's constantly being cold and rainy.

Nothing, obviously. Canada's weather proves nothing about the Earth as a whole. Also a single relevant data point (yearly average global temperature) doesn't prove anything about long term trends.

Canada weather = most important weather
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

Canada weather = most important weather

Agreed.

Thanks for the global warming, Trump.
Outside is 37, in my room its 40, im not complaining, just regular summer for me.
Spreading salt since 2006
its 64 here

which is 17.7 Celsius if google is right
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
its 64 here

which is 17.7 Celsius if google is right

This is scientific proof that global warming does not exist. - PoE Forum Scientists
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Jul 9, 2017, 11:18:03 AM
"
And idiots say that global warming is a hoax.

While I was growing up, never in my life have I experienced or heard of temperature in summer reaching more than 30 degress.

Debate fallacy due to anecdotal evidence.

"Global warming" and, and now "climate change", is perpetrated in the media for political and financial purposes, originally by the left, then ignorantly by those who believed them. But it IS based on some science and trends. The planet is indeed always in a long swing of global climate change, but the real debate is whether human activities are responsible or not. I will concede that it is possible for human activity to speed up that process, but only nominally. It is still entirely egotistically of climate change theorists to believe that human activity alone swings a planet's climate. There might be influence, but it's near impossible to scientifically prove that influence from just non-participant observation.

Now if anyone wants to truly take a look at climate change, it's much more beneficial to read scientific studies and articles from scientists who don't have an agenda either way.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jul 9, 2017, 12:06:48 PM
Not sure whether the graph you posted on this one is more accurate since.. well i didn't make either, but i am going to pretend mine is more accurate. There are also ones showing predictions made earlier based on CO2 and rise in temperate being accurate as the future did unfold. As well graphs where increased human activity coincides with increases in CO2 which again coincides with increases in temperature.

You know all organic matter are carbon compounds, as well as much inorganic matter.

We have these 4 spheres. The atmosphere(air), the biosphere(plant animals), hydrosphere(water) and the lithosphere(earth). They all contain different amounts of carbon bound in many ways.

Now the problem is the greenhouse effect, which means that gases of carbon compounds like CO2 in the atmosphere will reflect and absorb light-waves attempting to pass through them. This goes both ways, it will both reflect/absorb light(energy) coming from the earth and trying to get out, as well as the light entering the earth from the universe(mainly the sun). However, there is a profound difference between these two types of waves. The ones coming from the sun are a much shorter wavelength, which means they have a much higher energy and therefore a much higher ability to penetrate than the longer wavelength waves coming from the earth does. This means, that greenhouse gases absorb/reflect much less energy from incoming waves that it does from outgoing waves, and thus, the more greenhouse gases that are, the more energy from the sun is kept inside our system(the earth).

This is where human activity comes into play, because we are shifting the balance between the carbon in your 4 spheres by human activity. The main one probably being pulling fossile fuels from the earth and releasing it as greenhouse gases into our atmosphere which will help energy from the sun get trapped on earth and thereby increase the earth temperature.

Mind you, the greenhouse effect is a widely studied area of science and i believe that there has been pretty much no scientific disagreement that the relationships between CO2 emissions have a profound and not insignificant influence on the temperature of the earth. I have never seen anyone disproving it yet, while on the other hand there are tons and tons and tons of well reasoned scientific arguments that all point in that direction.

Also, from fairly reliable sources like NASA and the United Nations.

http://solar-center.stanford.edu/sun-on-earth/glob-warm.html
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 9, 2017, 1:12:19 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Not sure whether the graph you posted on this one is more accurate since.. well i didn't make either, but i am going to pretend mine is more accurate.

Yours is 45 million years, mine is 600 million. Huge difference. To do 600 million they most likely took mean or median temps over bigger periods of time, otherwise it would be a nightmare to determine values on such a large scale.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info