37 degrees Celsius in Europe

Let's not pretend that the "green energy" you put in your electric car, is actually green, when most of the electricity is still (and will be) produced by coal and nuclear.

Fusion is still way off and windmills will never suffice in the meantime.

E:
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting off the oil addiction, stop funding islamic terror regimes and burning shit, but this is not gonna happen anytime soon.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 10, 2017, 12:23:01 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

Completely wrong. It's the "epitome of ignorance" to think green energy isn't a huge market.

Remember Solyndra? $80 billion dollar political mess.

And hundreds of other examples of big political bucks for green energy. In fact, plenty of money invested in green energy, as well as people making a profit from it. You don't need to look far to see that.

The only reason green energy is a huge market is because global consciousness has shifted. It shifted because a lot of concerned individuals raised their voices for a number of years before anyone cared to really take them serious. Turning it into a current issue in the minds of more people. But it came from actual concerns and not political agendas.

I'll give it to you that i don't always find science regarding global warming to be entirely scientific, in particular when it comes to "knowing" the past, and yet again other past-peeking techniques like measuring carbon isotope decay are surprisingly effective, however.. consider that all you have to cling to is that some scientists have found that some scientists have been unscientific in their claims. Look at the bigger picture, there has been a lot of supporting evidence found linking greenhouse gases to earth temperatures, and at best some can call out some of those as being bad science. You don't see others disproving it.

And that really is what science is all about, the strongest standing theory rules the day and it can only be dethroned by proving how it is wrong.

Fear btw, is an extremely important biological mechanism of survival - a species without fear would not survive, they are not the fittest.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 10, 2017, 5:29:16 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I'll give it to you that i don't always find science regarding global warming to be entirely scientific, in particular when it comes to "knowing" the past, and yet again other past-peeking techniques like measuring carbon isotope decay are surprisingly effective, however.. consider that all you have to cling to is that some scientists have found that some scientists have been unscientific in their claims. Look at the bigger picture, there has been a lot of supporting evidence found linking greenhouse gases to earth temperatures, and at best some can call out some of those as being bad science. You don't see others disproving it.

And that really is what science is all about, the strongest standing theory rules the day and it can only be dethroned by proving how it is wrong.

Fear btw, is an extremely important biological mechanism of survival - a species without fear would not survive, they are not the fittest.

True. And a lot of climatology is scientific theory, not fact, on both sides.

What I normally scoff at is the extreme alarmist warning of climate change and spreading FUD. Granted, I agree that the extreme right spreads some FUD too. It's always a good idea to improve local air quality, and reduce waste when practical, but some people take it to the point of making life (and the economy) miserable during that process.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
We already had 45 ten days ago here in Greece, and it will reach 42-44 the next two days too.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
fam you need to learn the difference between weather and climate

also greece pls pay denbs

t. germany
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
My very unscientific observations on "global warming"

over the past 10-15 years I keep seeing various forms of wildlife that never used to exist this far north

just a thought could be caused by many factors
I dont see any any key!
oh yea, well i saw a penguin in florida

what do u nerds say to that?

Spoiler
at seaworld
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Jul 11, 2017, 6:55:51 PM
I told you guys Europe would turn into middle east. Guess I was proven right earlier than original prediction on weather.
Git R Dun!
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Jul 12, 2017, 1:59:13 AM
"
I googled "temperatures in Africa", and it would seem that average summertime temperature in Africa is 34.

And idiots say that global warming is a hoax.

While I was growing up, never in my life have I experienced or heard of temperature in summer reaching more than 30 degress.

If this trend continues, we'll all be black by the end of the century.

LOL... I'm just curious how old you are. "Never in my life." Lol... First of all your life span will never be long enough to know what is normal. I'll say it again, just because you see a clock on the wall doesn't mean time exists.

So someone once said to me, "there's a lot of flooding in south Florida because of global warming." So I told the guy, "no humans decided to build over limestone and the Everglades..."

The amount of gasses we put out is so tiny compared to what Mother Nature pumps out. I went to a seminar, there was a teacher showing before and after pictures glaciers. So she posted pictures of about 3 decades of glaciers receding... Anyways I raised my hand, and I made her look really fucking stupid.

First I asked her, "not to sound condescending but how long have humans existed?" She looked at me perplexed... She laughed and said, "I know where you're going with this."

So my point to her was and she laughed... And I'll quote myself, "I don't think the dinosaurs noticed." The entire auditorium laughed and clapped.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info