[3.5] Death by a Thousand Cuts - Frost Blades & Blade Flurry Raider

Can you add a section for a higher budget gear?
"
was molten strike+ ac fixed on bosses?

What do you mean ? What was the bug ?

Also, i have a question for molten strike on bosses.

How does Molten Strike ° Ancestral Call + Multistrike interacts ?

If I target the ground with molten strike, ancestral call will also create one attack on the boss. But because the attacks created by multistrike will automatically focus the boss, will it also create attacks from ancestral call on boss ? To put number on this :

- I attack only once on the floor, at proximity to a boss

TOTAL attacks = 1 (ground target) + 2 (multistrike from me) + 1 (ancestral call) + 2 (multistrike from ancestral) = 6 attacks

OR

TOTAL attacks = 1 (ground target) + 2 (multistrike from me) + 1 (ancestral call) = 4 attacks

It would make a huge difference in term of single dps using ancestral call. Right now I'm not using it in my molten strike setup but I'm trying to calculate if it can be better than elemental focus if used properly with ground targeting.
"
Can you add a section for a higher budget gear?

That's the gear section. You can see my gear not matching it because I'm poor.
Last edited by CynthiaCrescent on Dec 27, 2017, 6:46:45 AM
"

I tried shotgunning, and it didn't work for me. I never tried it again. If someone does have a way of consistently pulling it off, however, then it would indeed be quite good.
"
Zankai wrote:
You should look for enough accuracy to hit at least 90%+.

How can i calculate how much accuracy ratting i need for that 90%+ ?
@Bialus : Use Path of Building to calculate things such as chance to hit.

"
"

I tried shotgunning, and it didn't work for me. I never tried it again. If someone does have a way of consistently pulling it off, however, then it would indeed be quite good.

Hitting the ground right next to the boss doesn't work for shotgunning ?

Also, depending on interaction of multistrike + ancestral call (if all balls hit the target) :
- If it's 4 attacks while shotgunning with AC, it's a (0.84*4/3-1) = 11.7% more damage*
- If it's 6 attacks while shotgunning with AC, it's a (0.84*6/3-1) = 68% more damage*
- Elemental Focus is a 49% more damage*
(*more damage compared to a 5-link with molten strike -multistrike - elem dmg - conc. effect - ice bite)

So the shotgun with ancestral call would only be beneficial if it does work correctly with multistrike (copying all 3 hits). I'm still trying to find the answer to this question however. I can't access the game right now to test with a low attack speed and mono-projectile skill to see how many attacks the ancestral call procs when we hit the ground with a multistrike linked.

EDIT : I changed the calculation, forget about the reduced damage of ancestral call which result in a 0.84 multiplier at level 20.
Last edited by Zankai on Dec 27, 2017, 9:02:52 AM
"
Zankai wrote:
@Bialus : Use Path of Building to calculate things such as chance to hit.

"
"

Hitting the ground right next to the boss doesn't work for shotgunning ?

Also, depending on interaction of multistrike + ancestral call (if all balls hit the target) :
- If it's 4 attacks while shotgunning with AC, it's a (4/3-1) = 33% more damage*
- If it's 6 attacks while shotgunning with AC, it's a (6/3-1) = 100% more damage*
- Elemental Focus is a 49% more damage*
(*more damage compared to a 5-link with molten strike -multistrike - elem dmg - conc. effect - ice bite)

So the shotgun with ancestral call would only be beneficial if it does work correctly with multistrike (copying all 3 hits). I'm still trying to find the answer to this question however. I can't access the game right now to test with a low attack speed and mono-projectile skill to see how many attacks the ancestral call procs when we hit the ground with a multistrike linked.

I am interested at the result too.
Hi,

how does our cwdt-setup works when we dont get any endurance charges from skills/passives/items?

Do i miss something here? Sorry, if this is a dumb question. I'm quite new to the game.
"
zuep wrote:
Hi,

how does our cwdt-setup works when we dont get any endurance charges from skills/passives/items?

Do i miss something here? Sorry, if this is a dumb question. I'm quite new to the game.

Immortal call still procs without endurance charge. Endurance charges are only making it last longer the more charges it consumes. With a 20/20 increased duration support, it is a 0.4*1.74=0.7sec invulnerability when damage taken, without endurance charge consumption.
I tried to play this build with 2 Beltimbers and spectral throw, played maps up to t14 but it lacks a bit of molten strike damage imo. I need some more mana leech for bosses, but I don't know if I should change my tree or get mana leech on some items. I have 5 ex to spend on new gear, if you can recommend something that would be great.

My gear so far:

My tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAAGAF4FLQW1CC4M8g2NES8UdRX2Fr8XJhmOGlUi6iP2JpUqOC5TMHwyATWSNj026Dy-QdBDMUd-Sn1M_02STipRR1VLWK9aGluvX3BhIWHiYnlirGVNbAhsjG87cFJ07XXLdf14DXj5eoR9dX7dfyuBrINthG-E2YTvh3aI7YnTjDaNfY1-jbmNv5AKm42dqqOKpMKly6luqXmyGbTFtUi18r02vqfAGsLswzPIzM2Yz3rQrdNv037UI9RC2NXawdvn32_h7-Rq6NbqYutj7YPuDu5673rvj_GK-hj8xf1u_ro=?accountName=xXSkyraverXx&characterName=Hector_Panzer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info