You had 1 job!

"
Bars wrote:

I'm skeptical about "costed". I've had to translate a bunch of accounting documents over the years and I don't think I've seen it used even once.

12 years in a CPA firm and I've never heard or seen costed a single time. And I'm from Canada, which apparently from the website you linked to, uses it.

Also I want some pudding now.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

I'm skeptical about "costed". I've had to translate a bunch of accounting documents over the years and I don't think I've seen it used even once.

12 years in a CPA firm and I've never heard or seen costed a single time. And I'm from Canada, which apparently from the website you linked to, uses it.

All right, I think that was the last nail in the coffin for costed. RIP
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

All right, I think that was the last nail in the coffin for costed. RIP
My mom was big on "costed" as I was growing up. I've used the word myself as a result. But my mom is weird, and so am I.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Can we move on to a more serious discussion?

Learned v. Learnt.
Smelled v. Smelt.
("verbed" versus "verbt" in general)

When did the latter become acceptable? I thought we did a great job phasing that out of our language, but it showed up again like a goddamned wart. I immediately look down upon anyone that uses that conjugation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info