The World's Fucked

"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I'd like to know when you guys would rather be alive? Back when life expectancy was 40? I'm a pretty pessimist but that don't mean we dont live in best times ever. Could be better is all.
Pre-agriculture.

I'd love to be able to live life as our biology intended for us as hunter-gatherers.

Pre ag was literally the 'best times ever' for our species. Hopefully someday something apocalyptic happens so we can get back to that.
We should designate natural hunter-gatherer areas so people like you could spend a week or two learning directly from Mother Nature how fucking stupid they are.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 17, 2017, 12:37:14 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I'd like to know when you guys would rather be alive? Back when life expectancy was 40? I'm a pretty pessimist but that don't mean we dont live in best times ever. Could be better is all.
Pre-agriculture.

I'd love to be able to live life as our biology intended for us as hunter-gatherers.

Pre ag was literally the 'best times ever' for our species. Hopefully someday something apocalyptic happens so we can get back to that.
We should designate natural hunter-gatherer areas so people like you could spend a week or two learning directly from Mother Nature how fucking stupid they are.

Enough untouched wilderness on the planet. They could chose their favorite climate, get dropped off in the middle of nowhere and then they can try and find their way back to civilization, if they care.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

Enough untouched wilderness on the planet. They could chose their favorite climate, get dropped off in the middle of nowhere and then they can try and find their way back to civilization, if they care.
Okay, but we need to designate some as pre-ag education zones and coordinate the appropriate marketing and transportation.

I might even support making such training mandatory. Yet another 300 reference.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 17, 2017, 1:34:31 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Pre-agriculture.

It would be nice if there were some large space humans could exist in a natural state.

But you're quite right, most of us are 'fucking stupid' in terms of lacking any real knowledge needed to survive pre ag. It wouldn't take long for that culture to manifest though.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
But you're quite right, most of us are 'fucking stupid' in terms of lacking any real knowledge needed to survive pre ag. It wouldn't take long for that culture to manifest though.
Because if there's one thing history remembers about the glorious pre-ag cultures, it is their intelligence.
There is try Maine. My family have a cabin there in Aroostook county and didnt see anyone for a week literally. Lived off Walleye in lakes and stuff. Granted we brought in a whole SUV in provisions.

In Canada there is lots of places. Like Yukon.

I think I could survive. I've fished and hunted since like 3. But it would not be fun. Plus once competition sets in you could be overrun and killed. Where there is no law law of the jungle prevails.

I like my Whole Foods Market TYVM
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 17, 2017, 2:51:47 PM
Aroostook county? Boy that is the boonies and good luck being able to understand a word the locals say and not being murdered by a rutting moose but, yeah, it's gorgeous up there.

Get the locals to say: "Aroostook". Heeheee

90F here. You do know I'm jealous right?
Censored.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Because if there's one thing history remembers about the glorious pre-ag cultures, it is their intelligence.

I'm sensing some sarcasm but what you say is literally true - pre ag humans and their cultures were literally defined by their massive intelligence.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Aroostook county? Boy that is the boonies and good luck being able to understand a word the locals say and not being murdered by a rutting moose but, yeah, it's gorgeous up there.

Get the locals to say: "Aroostook". Heeheee

90F here. You do know I'm jealous right?

Boonies is right - My dad told me and my brothers no horseplay because if you break your leg or something you could lose it because hospital was 5 hrs drive. We had rifles for game though. My dad was actually a Army Ranger so this was all no problem for him. He could probably survive anywhere even now with bad knees at like 50.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 17, 2017, 3:42:11 PM
I wish I was there now.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info