Spelling mistakes and typos

I'll agree... there seems to be far less attention to detail of late. More "we have to change this! NOW!" than well thought out gradual change.
"
Rhys wrote:
"
You've broken my heart.

I share your pain.
Yeah, I was disappointed to hear about this as well. But I can understand why it was done.
Fidelitis..... what the actual fuck?
Not only should you have probably given voice actors instructions on every name pronunciation regardless of whether or not you think they are going to get it right, but you should not turn something with meaning into gibberish because you want to match the incorrect voice acting.
Last edited by Xendran on Mar 26, 2014, 6:38:29 PM
It really sucks. But it was basically a matter of cost.

Cost to change a few pieces of text: negligible (a few mins of time)
Cost to change the voice acting: $1000? (lots)

Or should we have simply kept it spelled "Fidelitas" with the "Fidelitis" pronunciation? I almost prefer that, honestly. But it isn't my call... though I can argue for it to be one way or the other. What do you think?

If it were up to me, I would rerecord the VA, and take the opportunity to get some other bits and pieces done (for example, Helena's "Baleful Gem" speech has no VA at all, and she could use more helloes and goodbyes).
Code warrior
"

...Seriously, how much money do I have to throw at you guys to get Fidelitas restored?!

"
Rhys wrote:

Solution found.

Perhaps a bit more seriously though, just change the text back to Fidelitas.
Last edited by Xendran on Mar 24, 2014, 8:36:50 PM
Imo, keeping it Fidelitas would be much better than ret-conning the name. If the VA could be fixed that would be awesome, of course!
IGN: Korbad
"
Rhys wrote:
It really sucks. But it was basically a matter of cost.

Cost to change a few pieces of text: negligible (a few mins of time)

Or should we have simply kept it spelled "Fidelitas" with the "Fidelitis" pronunciation? I almost prefer that, honestly. But it isn't my call... though I can argue for it to be one way or the other. What do you think?

If it were up to me, I would rerecord the VA, and take the opportunity to get some other bits and pieces done (for example, Helena's "Baleful Gem" speech has no VA at all, and she could use more helloes and goodbyes).

Get it fixed and I buy the top tier from your next set of support packs. Don't fix it and I won't. Deal? I'm pretty sure a few diamond, eternal eternal, conqueror supporters feel the same way
"
Rhys wrote:
Or should we have simply kept it spelled "Fidelitas" with the "Fidelitis" pronunciation?

People make mistakes all the time, big and small. Maybe Helena just fumbled her speech check.
Fidelitas looks cooler than Fidelitis. When Helena says "Fidelitas" it sounds like "Fiddelitess". It really doesn't matter what she says.

One thing I really badly hate about some books that I read is when the characters seem to be all-knowing. Whenever they claim something to be true about the world, it's always correct. So what Helena pronounces it Fidelitis? She's wrong. You're wrong. Stop being wrong, wronger. Maybe Piety isn't pronounced Pie-a-tee, it's Pih-eh-tye. All the voice actors are wrong and everything has to be changed

Can you say February? I bet you didn't pronounce that first R. Prerogative - again, first R. Same deal. Fidelitas.

You guys are from New Zealand, right? Fish and chips.
IRON MAN
hmm... didn't mean to blackmail. if the issue is cost (which to me is absolutely the wrong reason since NO ONE was complaining about helena's pronunciation), then cost is something i'd happily help with. and if this is a problem they don't want to solve then it's a company i just don't want to support. -scratches head- guess that can be understood differently as blackmail.

but yeah, anyway. screwing up the integrity of the game for a thousand bucks is gonna hurt GGG financially in the long run, blackmail or not.

EDIT:

Also, I don't understand how the cost was justifiably spent for Nessa and Clarissa in 0.10.2 and 0.11.6, while a simple one-liner re-recording needs to be saved on. If a voice actor had mispronounced Scion as See-yawn, would you re-spell Scion as well?
Last edited by dlrr on Mar 25, 2014, 1:05:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info