Spelling mistakes and typos

"
desophos wrote:
There's an item type called "Embroided Boots" which I believe should be "Embroidered Boots".

Looks like embroided is a common misspelling of embroidered, i.e. something which was made with embroidery. Will change.

"
volcanis16 wrote:
Timeworn Espirit in the pyramid. Supposed to be Spirit? Or is E-spirit like E-peen? :P

As desohpos and caaaps said, espirit is a common misspelling of the originally French esprit, pronounced "eh-spree", which means "morale". I'm not entirely sure this was the intended meaning, but looking at the names of the other monsters in that area, it seems more likely than just spirit. I'll change it, at least for now.

"
dust7 wrote:
Oh alright. Thanks for the clarification. It just sounded odd to me. Then again, I'm not a native speaker.
I thought in order to be able to crush something, it had to be a noun.

The full flavour text is:
"
The court maidens delight in seeing you crush those who dare challenge you.

The noun being crushed is actually a noun phrase: "those who dare challenge you."
"to delight in" means to take delight from something. So "the court maidens delight in X", where X is another, larger, noun phrase: "seeing you crush those who dare challenge you"
Code warrior
The description of Lightning Warp skill mentions lighting damage.

Unless you're kicking over a lamp, it's probably missing an N. :)
"
Cristo9FP wrote:
The description of Lightning Warp skill mentions lighting damage.

Unless you're kicking over a lamp, it's probably missing an N. :)
Fixed
"
Rhys wrote:
"
dust7 wrote:
Oh alright. Thanks for the clarification. It just sounded odd to me. Then again, I'm not a native speaker.
I thought in order to be able to crush something, it had to be a noun.

The full flavour text is:
"
The court maidens delight in seeing you crush those who dare challenge you.

The noun being crushed is actually a noun phrase: "those who dare challenge you."
"to delight in" means to take delight from something. So "the court maidens delight in X", where X is another, larger, noun phrase: "seeing you crush those who dare challenge you"

Yeah, I understand now what you mean. I originally thought, assuming delight is being used as a noun, it was supposed to mean that the court maidens are so delighted in seeing you (because you are 20% taller than everybody) that your rivals are mentally crushed. Because the maidens cheer for you, not them. Well and in that case it would have had to be "crushes", I believe.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on Feb 15, 2012, 8:03:45 PM
"
dust7 wrote:
Yeah, I understand now what you mean. I originally thought, assuming delight is being used as a noun, it was supposed to mean that the court maidens are so delighted in seeing you (because you are 20% taller than everybody) that your rivals are mentally crushed. Because the maiden cheer for you, not them. Well and in that case it would have had to be "crushes", I believe.

Oh lol, I get you now. In that case, yes, it would indeed be crushes, however you would also need an apostrophe in maidens, to make it possessive: maidens' delight.
Code warrior
Suggestion :

"Quest completed" instead of "quest complete"

At the map of the world with a completed quest description
Cheers :)
Current exiles under command :

Snoop Lv 73 cold witch Normal
Razagaal Lv 63 Fire summoner witch legacy
Daggoth Lv 50 AoF summoner Templar legacy
"
oldboy wrote:
Suggestion :

"Quest completed" instead of "quest complete"

I'd say, its equal in grammar.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
There's an item prefix named "Thorney" that should be "Thorny" and a sword type called "Doppleganger" that should be "Doppelganger".
There's a passive named "Purity of Essense" -- should be "Purity of Essence".
"
desophos wrote:
There's an item prefix named "Thorney" that should be "Thorny" and a sword type called "Doppleganger" that should be "Doppelganger".

"
desophos wrote:
There's a passive named "Purity of Essense" -- should be "Purity of Essence".

Fixed Thorny and Essence, but the sword is actually Dopplehander, not doppelganger.

Quest Complete vs. Quest Completed? Both seem perfectly good to me. I'll just leave it as it is.
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info