Beta Launch Day: Common Questions and Answers

"
MajorThor wrote:
WTB: Ability to upload my characters from the live servers to the beta. PST

<3

Plz? :-D

You're missing the point of the beta.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
uuhhh...where is the new MTX mechanic ? wasn't it supposed to launch before beta or alongside beta?
maybe asked before, will my char in the beta deleted or stay for playing later on?
"
Sphere34 wrote:
maybe asked before, will my char in the beta deleted or stay for playing later on?

Nope. Everything you in beta is for testing purposes only and will be wiped on release.

Beta is an island seperated from the mainland, in simple terms.

"
arkolyno wrote:
uuhhh...where is the new MTX mechanic ? wasn't it supposed to launch before beta or alongside beta?

They attempted to deploy it twice, it failed twice. They're working on getting it to work. That's why the patch notes go from 2.6.0m to 2.6.2, 2.6.1 was the mtx patch and it never happened.

"
Sphere34 wrote:

Everything in Beta is destroyed when the Beta ends (says so right in the FAQ).
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
arkolyno wrote:

They launched it. It failed and was immediately pulled until it is fixed.

Check their Reddit post for more imformation.

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Sphere34 wrote:

Nope. Everything you in beta is for testing purposes only and will be wiped on release.

Beta is an island seperated from the mainland, in simple terms.

thnx!
One comment here about timelines. I am guild leader and we are usually about 15-20 active players (no casual) during 75% of the league. My guild is empty for more than 2 months now cause the legacy league was just a bullshit.

I had some news from my guildies, they are currently playing to some other games, as I do myself.

Now we have to deal with a beta "new" version of the game. People do not want to be beta testers, so they are still playing to some other games. They even did not try to get any beta key, no interest for them. They also do not run races as the gain is out of interest (one box lol).

I saw many new content in Reddit but i do not know if I will make the effort to follow all the changes. I think not and will wait for the official release of the 3.0 with something constructive and patch notes. My guildies are doing the same btw.

Finally and at this point, I really do not know if I will come back in poe one day. May be I will give the lead of the guild to someone else cause i feel bored of this (old poe beta player here, but beta was 4 years ago for me...). May be it will be hard to find an active player to give the lead ahahah !

Wait and see but i feel the timelines were really not good at all
since yesterday I only get the message "Unable to connect to patching server".
Only managed to connect once for a short time, was super slow until I got disconnected and then "Unable to connect..." again :(

edit:
finally worked, playing the beta now <3
Last edited by storzi on Jun 8, 2017, 6:09:03 AM
"
Gryzorrr wrote:
One comment here about timelines. I am guild leader and we are usually about 15-20 active players (no casual) during 75% of the league. My guild is empty for more than 2 months now cause the legacy league was just a bullshit.

I had some news from my guildies, they are currently playing to some other games, as I do myself.

Now we have to deal with a beta "new" version of the game. People do not want to be beta testers, so they are still playing to some other games. They even did not try to get any beta key, no interest for them. They also do not run races as the gain is out of interest (one box lol).

I saw many new content in Reddit but i do not know if I will make the effort to follow all the changes. I think not and will wait for the official release of the 3.0 with something constructive and patch notes. My guildies are doing the same btw.

Finally and at this point, I really do not know if I will come back in poe one day. May be I will give the lead of the guild to someone else cause i feel bored of this (old poe beta player here, but beta was 4 years ago for me...). May be it will be hard to find an active player to give the lead ahahah !

Wait and see but i feel the timelines were really not good at all

dude the game in beta is already like brand new. SRSLY. New content is insane, really hardcore. But Beta has bugs and crashes. So come back on release in 5-6 weeks
#BringBackOriginalScionPortrait
#BringBackOriginalAscendantPortrait
#BringBackCruelMerciless

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info